Brian Freaking Pillman

Man did I miss out on this guy. I got into wrestling in like 98 but I was only 7 at the time, so I missed the awesomeness that was The Loose Cannon.

Thank God for the network because now I get to experience the insanity that is the strap match between Pillman vs Kevin Sullivan.

This guy worked the boys so hard that people thought he was legit crazy. Phone Post 3.0

Way ahead of his time. Dean Ambrose reminds me a lot of Pillman. Phone Post 3.0

RussellPrice - Way ahead of his time. Dean Ambrose reminds me a lot of Pillman. Phone Post 3.0
I was just getting ready to say this I know a lot of people compare Ambrose to Foley and SCSA, but after watching Pillmans DVD and going back and watching his Loose Cannon stuff, there is no denying it Ambrose is Pillman PG. Phone Post 3.0

I also believe that had Pillman not gotten in that car wreck the attitude Era would've been much different. I think we would be talking about him along with Austin, Rock, HBK.

I think the car wreck is what caused his downward spiral. Phone Post 3.0

HammerHead - I also believe that had Pillman not gotten in that car wreck the attitude Era would've been much different. I think we would be talking about him along with Austin, Rock, HBK.

It is most definitely, he wanted to keep competing and had to use tons of pain pills after he destroyed his ankle in the wreck.... And I heard he literally destroyed his ankle, and wrestled on it. JR says Brian wanted to be a star more than anyone, damn shame, I missed 99% of his good stuff but after seeing him on network and his DVD, I got tons of respect for flyin' Brian Phone Post 3.0

Dugs95 -
HammerHead - I also believe that had Pillman not gotten in that car wreck the attitude Era would've been much different. I think we would be talking about him along with Austin, Rock, HBK.

It is most definitely, he wanted to keep competing and had to use tons of pain pills after he destroyed his ankle in the wreck.... And I heard he literally destroyed his ankle, and wrestled on it. JR says Brian wanted to be a star more than anyone, damn shame, I missed 99% of his good stuff but after seeing him on network and his DVD, I got tons of respect for flyin' Brian Phone Post 3.0
JR's love for Brian is evident every time you hear him speak of him. How Ross held it together for the PPV the night Pillman died is beyond me.

If you've never heard Jim Ross tell the story of Pillman getting kicked out of the NAPTE convention for going nuts and cussing loudly at Vince its hilarious. I guess as the security is throwing Pillman out he whispers to Ross "its okay its all work". This was before he got hired by WWE. Phone Post 3.0

Brian was a unique talent. When he came up in WCW as a baby face Flyin Brian, he was always entertaining in the ring but it wasn't until he teamed with Austin, we got to see his personality. The Hollywood Blondes were one of the most entertaining tag teams I have ever watched.

When he moved into the Loose Cannon character, he was just way ahead of his time. It's a shame we didn't get to see more of him because he was on the verge of making a huge footprint in pro wrestling before he passed. Phone Post 3.0

HammerHead -
Dugs95 -

JR's love for Brian is evident every time you hear him speak of him. How Ross held it together for the PPV the night Pillman died is beyond me.

If you've never heard Jim Ross tell the story of Pillman getting kicked out of the NAPTE convention for going nuts and cussing loudly at Vince its hilarious. I guess as the security is throwing Pillman out he whispers to Ross "its okay its all work". This was before he got hired by WWE. Phone Post 3.0
I love JR's story of Pillman taking a foot long shit before a show in WCW and pulling each guy aside to show it to them one by one in the bathroom stall.

The difference between Pillman and Ambrose is that Pillman was legit batshit crazy. He wasn't playing a cute character like Ambrose is and there was no switching the light off behind the curtains. Phone Post 3.0

"It looked like a bowl full of pythons, it was hideous, I looked twice"

^^ Phone Post 3.0

Pillman is probably my all time favourite. I loved that guy. Phone Post 3.0

i need to see more pillman

Gino_Corona - 
HammerHead -
Dugs95 -

I love JR's story of Pillman taking a foot long shit before a show in WCW and pulling each guy aside to show it to them one by one in the bathroom stall.

The difference between Pillman and Ambrose is that Pillman was legit batshit crazy. He wasn't playing a cute character like Ambrose is and there was no switching the light off behind the curtains. Phone Post 3.0

I remember seeing that vid on youtube, I think JR actually described it as "What looked like an 18" turd. Brian must have felt something special was happening as it came out."

He was great at going from a white bread face to a brutal heel. Great worker. His bouts with liger changed wrestling. Phone Post 3.0