Brian Johnston vs Reza Nasri

Brian Johnston vs Reza Nasri from Diesel Strongboy on Vimeo.

The power and fury of an American kickboxer are tested against a Greco-Roman champ from Iran. It doesn't last long.

Legend Of The Sport!!!

And one of the coolest dudes EVER.

Fought some of the best and toughest names of the early days....

Ken Shamrock, Don Frye, Kimo, and Mark Coleman!!

-B.SOUTH

The Fury!! I hate to link to an article on shitdog, but it's an update from October of last year on his current status. Awesome to see he's doing somewhat well.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/1/Brian-Johnston-Where-Is-He-Now-56003

Classic! Awesome Fight! Awesome Asswhooping! Phone Post

Reza Nasri - that dude actually did a tape set for Panther where he covered Greco-Roman throws. Looked like he was really damn good at it...shame that his partner in the videos was about 60 pounds lighter than Brian Johnston (and also not hitting him in the face during the throw attempts) ;-)

Also he walked in with Emin Boztepe, and then the WT community disowned him for losing... Phone Post 3.0

Trivia - Big John McCarthy busted Brian's nose when he tackled him off of Reza - Brian was screaming "What the fuck, dude? FUCK YOU!!!" at the ref, not his opponent ;-)

I'm sure Big John and all following refs had to work on their "break-up-a-fight tackle" technique after this happened...

Big John had to apologize to Brian AND Reza after the fight.

The reason Big John tackled Brian so hard to stop the fight was that Big John realized he had fucked up. Reza was knocked unconscious when the back of his head hit the mat when they went down (Brian had his hand under Reza's chin, so Reza could not tuck tuck his chin).

So Reza was unconscious while receiving all those headbutts and punches. One punch broke his nose and actually WOKE HIM UP.

This (UFC 11) was the last of the no weight class, tournament format UFC's.

Also, Nasri normally walked around at 180, but ate his way to 190 for the UFC. They listed him at 205 but he was 195 tops.

I have no idea what Brian's actual weight was. It was certainly more than 235, lol.

Slapsymaxi - Also he walked in with Emin Boztepe, and then the WT community disowned him for losing... Phone Post 3.0

Um no.

Where does this kind of shit come from? lol

Bobby Southworth - Legend Of The Sport!!!

And one of the coolest dudes EVER.

Fought some of the best and toughest names of the early days....

Ken Shamrock, Don Frye, Kimo, and Mark Coleman!!

-B.SOUTH

Do you see him anymore? If so how is he doing?

That was good. Big John fucked him up, though.

Moke -
Slapsymaxi - Also he walked in with Emin Boztepe, and then the WT community disowned him for losing... Phone Post 3.0

Um no.

Where does this kind of shit come from? lol
What's not true?

You can see Emin walk in with Reza and after the fight, the WT community said he hadn't done too much training and wasn't a real representative. Phone Post 3.0

No you can't. I walked with Reza and cornered that fight. In all the years I had known Reza, I'd never once met Emin. And no one was ever, "disowned" from anything.

Reza had a good legit career starting on the side, had just gotten married, and was about to start making babies. After that beating he decided professional fighting wasn't for him. Simple as that.

He was too small for those open-weight tournament days anyways.

During the match-up meetings, Reza met Brian for the first time. He whispered to me, "I've never seen a human being that big in my entire life!"