Brian Shaw to compete in MMA?

Looks like he has an offer

4 Likes

lol at the bag work

2 Likes

Ungodly slow. He’s going to need to lose a bit of weight to be effective. I think Alex Simon is the only strongman that still has significant striking explosiveness at a large size, but he’s not Shaw’s size.

2 Likes

He’s 41 and didn’t grow up it so can’t expect much but Shaw is a monster and seems like a genuine good dude

7 Likes

Pudz seems pretty fast for his size and has gotten a lot better

3 Likes

That guy is a beast. Was sad to see him get hurt before his first big fight

He’s probably one of the only guys that I think would justify removing the cap on the HW weight limit.

1 Like

Please get him to fight Mighty Mouse! :rofl: They will do it in Japan…

1 Like

Here’s a funny clip of Shaw’s strongman peer Robert Oberst having fun with Royce Gracie… I used to live near Oberst when he was younger and had no idea he would grow up to be one of the strongest people on the planet when he was a kid

5 Likes

2 Likes

He’s not gonna be great … but I’d watch, 4 sho

1 Like

I didn’t watch whole video. There is no way he will be able to make HW. I would hope this would be Super Heavyweight. Dude is like 6’9" 450 or some shit. I’d watch though, would be interesting.

There are a lot of fun fights out there for Shaw if RIZIN would bring the JMMA freakshow fights back.

1 Like

It would be open weight. I assume opponent will be Eddie Hall or Martyn Ford. Can’t imagine it being someone with actual fight experience. The Thor fight doesn’t count lol.

1 Like

Anyone heard who the promotion is that signed him?

Very good point!

It’s crazy, I almost recognize him more for fighting at this point. He has almost 30 fights under his belt with some legit competition. Props to him for pushing himself the way he has.

2 Likes

Agreed. He has surprised me. Props to him for putting in the work

I disagree. If he trains his cardio real good and trains to go full Donkey Kong like Francis, Brian Shaw might fuck some dudes up even worse. He needs to be a windmill fighter with power slams

2 Likes

Brian Shaw has his own power lifting competition that is super popular.

My money is on No Weight Cut Donkey Kong Brian Shaw

Someone is getting their back broken and face GnP’d into mush.

Might need 2 referees in there

2 Likes