Brian Tracy is a boss

Re-reading some of his old stuff like Accelerated Learning and Psychology of Achievement.

He's better than the more famous gurus like Tony Robbins, imo. Gold.

1 Like

Agreed, especially his sales stuff. 

I got a couple of his books back in the day. Maximum Achievement and Eat that Frog. I still use some of the ideas from those. Def worth a read. 

Eat that Frog could be summarized in one paragraph, but still good haha

1 Like
Naughty Gorilla -

Paragraph please

His audiobook “Goals” is excellent.

Lots of good, simple life habits that may be obvious in retrospect but few consistently do them.

He said if he had to summarize the most important thing in the book, it would be getting rid of self-limiting beliefs.

Like many others he emphasizes being ruthless with your time management.

Listened to a bunch of his stuff last summer. Wish I had access to it at a younger age. A lot of it seems to be how being a person of strong character ties into success, which most people just have to figure out through years of hard lessons, and some never figure it out at all.

TheHerps -
Naughty Gorilla -

Paragraph please

I haven't read it for a few years but as I remember it there is a fable along the lines of "if the hardest thing you had to do today was eat a frog then your best to eat it for breakfast". This is basically a metaphor for putting your biggest, most daunting, pain in the ass job for the day at the top of your to do list and completing it first. That way you don't carry the burden with you through the day and everything else you have to do is relatively easy. 

Def something I do when there's a task on my to do list that makes me cringe.

3 Likes

I shall give a listen.  TY OG

I am still practicing Zig stuff almost 30 years later.  My brother is also in sales and is terrible at it. The difference to me is I followed Zig from the start and he chose not to.  I use his stuff almost daily and have been consistantly #1 on and off for 25 years.

1 Like

Sounds pretty interesting, which book do you guys recommend starting with?

LiveWire -

Sounds pretty interesting, which book do you guys recommend starting with?

I'd recommend "Maximum Achievement" and, if you are involved in sales, "The Psychology of Selling". 

An oldie but goodie to add to your reading list. 

![](upload://9hIa4pvmTjAdkOYVXDazKG1Ti8S.jpeg)

The guy’s voice puts me to sleep. Tony Robbins is better, imo.