British Article: Wrestling is Gay

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/wrestling-is-gay?utm_source=vicetwitteruk

"Ben McNutt is a Baltimore-based artist "

Ben McNutt is himself gay. I don't think he was trying to imply that all wrestlers are gay so much as look at it photographically from a gay perspective.

I had an argument with an acquaintance a few years ago in which he posited that MMA in general looks really gay. At first I debated him for a while but eventually told him that the only way he'd see it that way is if he himself was gay. Turned out he was in fact, and I was apparently the only one who didn't know.

Vice UK, brah

Bobby Lupo - 

Vice UK, brah

It's on all of their regionalized subsites as far as I can tell. It's on US, AU, and CA, anyway.

People say wrestlers are gay, but they would never start a fight with a wrestler, either. Go figure.

The singlet shoul go and make space for something less gay. Phone Post 3.0

So, a guy named McNutt is a fanook? Classic 'mo name

TMT - People say wrestlers are gay, but they would never start a fight with a wrestler, either. Go figure.
What does this even mean? Phone Post 3.0

At this point, fuck Vice.

From the UK.

I'm from the US, and I've heard people call wrestling gay for my entire life. This isn't some new line of bigoted thinking. If you are a wrestler, I can guarantee that at some point you've been called a mat-fag. Whether it was said to your face or not, it's been said. Phone Post 3.0

Wrestling works, no doubt. The intensity and work ethic in the sport is unparalleled when averaged against other sports. Especially since very few guys can live off it.

But... damn it looks gay indeed. The singlet, the restarts on all four with the other guy coming from behind to grab you... and on and on. I train wrestling for MMA. Don't want to do the pure sport myself :)

Vice has honestly become everything they supposedly hated when they started. It's sad Phone Post 3.0

Brigham - Vice has honestly become everything they supposedly hated when they started. It's sad Phone Post 3.0

I've been reading Vice since 2002, long before they had a website, and nothing about this article really betrays their roots. They focused mostly on fashion, art, and music back then. Gay people are everywhere in those industries.

Felt that I needed to come back to say Vice can go fuck themselves but Jack Slack who posts his phenomenal fighter breakdowns here on the underground and publishes them on Vice is a diamond.

for those who haven's seen them check this out...

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/jack-slack-how-conor-mcgregor-scratched-the-diamond

I am a former wrestler, and when I competed people would snicker at our sport and call it gay.

But at the same time nobody would actually start a fight with a wrestler because they knew they'd get their ass beat.

So at the end of the day, whatever.

TMT - I am a former wrestler, and when I competed people would snicker at our sport and call it gay.

But at the same time nobody would actually start a fight with a wrestler because they knew they'd get their ass beat.

So at the end of the day, whatever.
I see what you did there Phone Post 3.0

if you arent at least excited then you aint doing it right

I'm sure the author would be absolutely thrilled to learn that early wrestling was nude. Good troll article, will probably get a lot of hits from people sharing it for the "shock" factor.

To be fair someone who doesn't know about combat sport would also call clinching hugging, something I've heard a few times. "Why are the fighters hugging?"

It's only gay when I watch with the sound off...