Brock is way too athletic for Carwin

Sure size and strength might be close, but Brock is way more athletic. I think this will be the deciding factor, as Brock is just going to be far more quick and explosive.

Just this past weekend we saw what a good skilled athlete can do to a fighter that is skilled, but not as athletic. Vitor, Brock, GSP are nature athletes that would excel at just about any sport.

Brock nearly made the Vikings and was one of the last cuts. That is insane.

Carwin by Brutal KO on Cocknar 2nd round

Do people even look up information before they open their mouths on here?

Lesnar by GnP

IrishFighter110 - Eh do you have any idea of Carwins athletic ability? his stats? His box jump, vert jump, standing long jump? He is one of the most athletic guys in MMA.

My god these wwe fanboys.

what are his stats?

Bobby Lupo - 
NateTurnedMaiaLightsOff - 
IrishFighter110 - Eh do you have any idea of Carwins athletic ability? his stats? His box jump, vert jump, standing long jump? He is one of the most athletic guys in MMA.

what are his stats?

The only stat that is going to matter is how long he lasted in there with Brock and that stat will be less than 5:00. Brock makes money for the UFC, if they thought Shane had a prayer, this fight would have never been booked.

Thats not true at all, i would say Carwin has the best chance out of any of the current heavys.

i wanna see what happens to lesnar when someone his own size hits him with a big shot.

Let's get some combine numbers on the three-cone drill, stat!

"Athletic" doesn't mean much when you get hit with a 5X-sized glove to the face. It might be a factor in this fight but i think pure power might swing it either way.

Bobby Lupo - 
NateTurnedMaiaLightsOff - 

what are his stats?

The only stat that is going to matter is how long he lasted in there with Brock and that stat will be less than 5:00. Brock makes money for the UFC, if they thought Shane had a prayer, this fight would have never been booked.

They don't need Brock to have the belt to make money from him. He will sell just as many PPVs in superfights with a losing record as he will with the belt.

Besides, look at the UFC's former biggest draws and ask yourself if they were protected during their title runs. Chuck, Tito, Handy, Hich, etc.

People keep spouting this.

Carwin was closer to making the NFL than Brock (was actually going to be drafted before he blew out his back), was an all american linebacker, Div 2 champ wrestler etc...

He's also with one of the best camps in MMA.

This fight is ridiculously close. Only reason it will last less than 5 minutes is if Shane lands one of his right hands.

Yeah, what are they ?

Right. So the guy that played college football and wrestling is the better athlete than the guy that played college football and wrestling.

"Carwin was closer to making the NFL than Brock (was actually going to be drafted before he blew out his back), was an all american linebacker, Div 2 champ wrestler etc..."

If being used only to say that Brock is crazy-athletic, I think Brock has a stronger case. I mean, the guy didn't play football since high school, walked onto a Vikings training camp, and still nearly made the team (and could have played NFL Europe).

Carwin might be a better football player, but who cares?

Unless yves Lavigne is running around the octagon holding a football all this NFL shit won't matter.

Can't wait to see Brock's face when he can't throw his opponent around and really has to fight this time.....

That said

Carwin 2rd KO

lol

what kind of tramp charges less than nachos?

Carwin was a D2 wrestling champ.  Comparing that to Brock's D1 championship is like comparing a model train to a FRATE TRANE.

Brock didn't bother to play college football, but he managed to leapfrog Carwin's football career and at least play a few preseason NFL snaps.

Brock will remain champion until he gets bored and walks away.

i think everything favors Brock in this fight but after watching Carwin KO Gonzaga with what was essentially a jab you can't be too sure Brock will win it

if Brock can avoid the big bomb then Carwin will have nothing for him

I really believe with Carwin's wrestling and size will keep Lesnar from taking him down or if ever be taken down, can always go back up to his feet and try to knock Lesnar out

Carwin has greater KO power.

This thread has turned out a disaster for Rainman. I'd be surprised if he ever comes back.