Brock is way too athletic for Carwin

"Carwin was a D2 wrestling champ. Comparing that to Brock's D1 championship is like comparing a model train to a FRATE TRANE."

The best wrestler in the US right now is supposedly from JuCo. The best wrestlers do not always go to D1. Carwin went D2 because he went to the school originally to play football. He and Brock wrestled many mutual opponents when they were in school.

if Gonzaga can take him down i think Brock can. Obviously Gonzaga didn't keep him down but the debate should be on whether or not Brock can hold him down, not whether or not he can take him down

jason hornbuckle - if Gonzaga can take him down i think Brock can. Obviously Gonzaga didn't keep him down but the debate should be on whether or not Brock can hold him down, not whether or not he can take him down
Let's not forget that's after Gonzaga landed a combo, one of which pulverized Carwin's nose. Your defense period kind of goes south for a minute when your nose is pulverized to the point that you need surgery to fix it. Regardless, BJJ guys aren't by default shitty wrestlers or w/o decent takedowns. I do understand your point though. Chances are Brock will be able to take Carwin down, but not sure he'll have an easy time someone his size down.

Lets not forget that a 220lb Randy was able to hold Brock against the cage for a round and take him down.

Yes, Randy is an MMA legend, but with a guy that has wrestling credentials like Carwin who also happens to be 260bls + he may very well take Brock down.

I am very curious what will happen when on of Carwins punches connects, he has got some serious ko power

Brock nearly made the Vikings and was one of the last cuts. That is insane.

lol, cmon yall, sunman may just be 15 or something, never know.

I think Lesnar will win. I still want Carwin to win though.

The game plan against Randy was very different. Brock was not trying to out wrestle him. He was trying to put his weight on him and make him tired. Not to mention Randy was also a former world class wrestler himself. I would think that the game plan with Carwin is going to be much like the game plan Brock had with Mir in the 2nd fight.

As far as what would happen if Carwin lands a clean shot. I really like Brock, but the man is human and anybody can be knocked out with the right punch. Brock is no exception.

PeanutButterJely was my fav.  Funny stuff on that receipt.

On the fight it really could go either way.  I think Brock will be slightly larger and have the skill/speed edge.  He also has power in his hands but Carwin's is more proven.

This might actually become a 5rnd war but I'm going to go with Brock via TKO in the 2nd.

exx33 - 

I'm 15, because I think making a NFL roster is impressive? Not to mention Brock didn't play college football.

No to mention the Vikings have had one of the top defenses in the league for a few years now and he almost made the squad. My point being, the NFL has some insane peoeple as far as physical ability.

You guys should go to daily motion and rewatch Carwin vs Gonzaga.

What is really impressive is how easily he got Gonzaga off of him using good BJJ defence. He used a shrimp, hand on the hip while controlling Gabe's upper body, then stood up easily...all with a broken nose. If anything I'd say he showed just how good his chin is as the second right that Gonzaga landed was right on the button.

He nearly stopped Gonzaga's single leg, easily defended on the ground against a BJJ world champ then scored the easy KO.

Brock won't be able to hold him down like he did with Mir.

I predict fight of the year.

Boxing loyalists complaining about protecting cash cows. My God.

Ausgepicht - Right. So the guy that played college football and wrestling is the better athlete than the guy that played college football and wrestling.

6.25 for a slut? How exactly is that fail?

Oh and Brock = NCAA Div 1

Carwin = Div 2

Sunman - 
exx33 - 

I'm 15, because I think making a NFL roster is impressive? Not to mention Brock didn't play college football.

No to mention the Vikings have had one of the top defenses in the league for a few years now and he almost made the squad. My point being, the NFL has some insane peoeple as far as physical ability.

Im sorry man, just you speak of Carwin who is absolutely a freek of athletic atributes just the same as if hes nothing because Brock tried out for the Vikings, just sounded silly.

teabagexpress - Do people even look up information before they open their mouths on here?

NO they don't. I hope Carwin catches Lesnar with a nice right hand on his chin. Carwin will make a better Champ...

I think when people say Brock is more athletic, what that means is that from watching he and Carwin, Brock appears to move faster and be more explosive.  And from just what we have seen that appears to be the case.  Howevre Carwin does have heavy hands so should be fun.

Randy never took Brock down.

"Oh and Brock = NCAA Div 1
Carwin = Div 2"

And? Again (for the umpteenth time), Brock and Shane wrestled against some of the same guys, Shane went D2 because he went to his school for football not wrestling AND the current best wrestler in the US is a JuCo guy who has beaten the Div 1 champ.

All Div 1 means is that Brock went to school on a wrestling scholarship and Carwin went to school to play football but wrestled (at a very high level) on the side.

Brock was invited by Glen Mason to join his school's (D-1) football team.

Brock is better than Carwin at wrestling, football, and MMA.  Good thing for Dana, since Shane couldn't draw half the buys Brock does.

Most of you people are straight retarded.

Of course Carwin has a chance, and I'd say a pretty decent one. The man is crazy powerful, and although Brock has been hit, we still haven't seen him react to a 5X haymaker.

At the same time, even more retarded are the ones who can't wait to see Brock "exposed". That ain't happening. He is a once in a lifetime freak athlete, who in a year and half went from being kneebarred by Mir in less than 2 minutes to being able to completely neutralize Frank's jiu-jitsu, while also beating the holy living shit out of him. The man was in WWE for awhile, big deal.

Most "hardcore" MMA fans are some of the whiniest little girls I've ever heard. I'm a Carwin fan as much as a Lesnar fan, but a part of me hopes Brock wins decisively just so I can read the subsequent freak out online when people realize NO ONE outside of Fedor(and that isn't a given) has a shot in hell of dethroning him for a long time. I'm pretty sure if Brock beat Fedor the servers to this place would immediately shut down.

Anyway, Lesnar/Carwin is going to be nuts.
/rant