Brock Lesnar and the NFL Draft

Does pro wrestler Brock Lesnar have to be drafted or can he just sign with any team? If he doesn't have to be drafted, why is that? And if he doesn't have to be drafted, why don't college players use that to get around the draft?

Someone answer my question, Damn It!!!!

I would imagine he'd have to declare himself for the draft, and fill out any applicable paperwork to enter it, just like the college guys. Then, after nobody picked him (and nobody would), he would be free to sign with whomever felt like wasting money.

Eric - I thought the same thing but then I thought about Drew Henson. He didn't declare for the draft & wouldn't have filled out any paperwork. Houston drafted him anyway, gaining his rights for 1 year.

The only thing I can see as a reason to declare for the draft is that you would WANT to be drafted. Being drafted gets you a signing bonus (guaranteed $$$) and a contract. Not to mention a ticket to training camp. So, if a player didn't enter the draft & was not drafted I know of no reason - so long as he is otherwise eligible - that he couldn't be picked up by any team.

The funniest thing would be if he entered the draft and got drafted with the last pick of the second day, a spot dubbed "Mr. Irrelevant." That would be egg on McMahon's face to have his WWE World Champion be Mr. Irrelevant.

On a side note, thank god Gibbs is back with the Redskins or we would have undoubtedly already signed him to a 20 year $400 million dollar contract.