Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mir for TUF 13 Coaches?

Just as everyone is announcing that Frank Mir was scheduled to take on Brendon Schaub in early 2011, those rumors were quickly put on halt. It now appears that the fight between the MMA veteran and the UFC up-and-comer is out the window, and Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mir III, the rubber match, is back on. As late as yesterday, reports came out that Dana White had Brock Lesnar on his board for coaches, Frank Mir liked the idea.

After UFC 124 Dana White stated in an interview that he was behind the 8-ball in picking the next season's TUF coaches, and a decision would be set on Monday. Here we are after the close of Tuesday and nothing...well officially yet. But Frank Mir posted on Twitter hours ago that he "Verbally agreed to nothing." and his calender is currently wide open. But the former heavyweight champion is making a good use of his free time, tweeting on Twitter he let the UFC President know exactly what he wants to do stating, "I keep seeing all this stuff about @danawhite not being able to get Brock out here for TUF 13. Let's do it in the woods or wherever he is." Mir wants his rematch.

Some fans may balk at the idea of seeing the rubber match as the last match was so decisively in favor of Lesnar, and the first was much of the same until he got caught in a mistake only left open by rookie wrestlers, but this shouldn't be the case.

Brock Lesnar still has a lot of work to do. His stand up game is weak to be polite. And just as Lesnar wouldn't be foolish enough to get caught by sticking his leg out, Mir is sure to learn from his mistakes from the previous fight. And then there's the Ultimate Fighter factor.

While having the GSP taking the humble approach as Josh Koscheck tried to goad him into a verbal sparring session was not the most attractive TV, you wouldn't have that problem with Frank Mir and Brock Lesnar. There's so much hate just at the mention at the other's name it could fill the arena.

Both fighter's have so much to prove, and why not do it at the bitter expense of the their most hated rival? Lesnar should be hoping to prove his stand up game isn't as remedial as Shane Carwin and Cain Velasquez made it seem. ...But then again, how could he fight the urge to not ground and pound his way to victory when it worked so well in their second bout. Mir on the other hand will be out to prove that he's much better than being mauled by the oversized, and still very green, farmhand. Mir believes has better hands, better BJJ and is all-around better MMA game... he just has to overcome Brock's better wrestling to prove it.

And like Koscheck vs GSP, once this battle's done the other won't ever have to hear the other's name. Who will go on to start their path back to the UFC world title? And who will be left wondering what happened yet again? These are only a few questions that will plague the fighters until the night is over, but the real question is will you willing to watch the build up for TUF 13 with Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir as the coaches?

Follow HTRMMA on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube.Just as everyone is announcing that Frank Mir was scheduled to take on Brendon Schaub in early 2011, those rumors were quickly put on halt. It now appears that the fight between the MMA veteran and the UFC up-and-comer is out the window, and Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mir III, the rubber match, is back on. As late as yesterday, reports came out that Dana White had Brock Lesnar on his board for coaches, Frank Mir liked the idea.

After UFC 124 Dana White stated in an interview that he was behind the 8-ball in picking the next season's TUF coaches, and a decision would be set on Monday. Here we are after the close of Tuesday and nothing...well officially yet. But Frank Mir posted on Twitter hours ago that he "Verbally agreed to nothing." and his calender is currently wide open. But the former heavyweight champion is making a good use of his free time, tweeting on Twitter he let the UFC President know exactly what he wants to do stating, "I keep seeing all this stuff about @danawhite not being able to get Brock out here for TUF 13. Let's do it in the woods or wherever he is." Mir wants his rematch.

Some fans may balk at the idea of seeing the rubber match as the last match was so decisively in favor of Lesnar, and the first was much of the same until he got caught in a mistake only left open by rookie wrestlers, but this shouldn't be the case.

Brock Lesnar still has a lot of work to do. His stand up game is weak to be polite. And just as Lesnar wouldn't be foolish enough to get caught by sticking his leg out, Mir is sure to learn from his mistakes from the previous fight. And then there's the Ultimate Fighter factor.

While having the GSP taking the humble approach as Josh Koscheck tried to goad him into a verbal sparring session was not the most attractive TV, you wouldn't have that problem with Frank Mir and Brock Lesnar. There's so much hate just at the mention at the other's name it could fill the arena.

Both fighter's have so much to prove, and why not do it at the bitter expense of the their most hated rival? Lesnar should be hoping to prove his stand up game isn't as remedial as Shane Carwin and Cain Velasquez made it seem. ...But then again, how could he fight the urge to not ground and pound his way to victory when it worked so well in their second bout. Mir on the other hand will be out to prove that he's much better than being mauled by the oversized, and still very green, farmhand. Mir believes has better hands, better BJJ and is all-around better MMA game... he just has to overcome Brock's better wrestling to prove it.

And like Koscheck vs GSP, once this battle's done the other won't ever have to hear the other's name. Who will go on to start their path back to the UFC world title? And who will be left wondering what happened yet again? These are only a few questions that will plague the fighters until the night is over, but the real question is will you willing to watch the build up for TUF 13 with Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir as the coaches?

Follow HTRMMA on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube.

I'd rather Brock rematch Carwin, or fight Schaub. Mir III doesn't interest me right now.

Good as long its not Shogun and delay more good fights. They can throw a monkey on that show and i wouldnt care.

Sounds liek Dana had a lapdog write that piece to try to convince fans that's it's worth seeing.

Well, lapdog, tell Dana helle no.

This can't be real...

1. Let Brock do his own thing, this will only delay his much needed improvement in his standup. I don't even think he wants this kind of exposure.

2. It is too soon for a trilogy, almost as bad as Arlovski vs Sylvia.

3. There are more compelling matchups than this! Brock vs Kongo, Schaub vs Mir, etc.

4. There are better TUF matchups than this! Cain vs JDS, UFC LW Champ vs WEC LW Champ, Sonnen vs Silva, Faber vs Cruz.

5. Mir fighting Schaub will get him closer to a title shot than him fighting Brock again!

This is a lose lose situation for both.

I don't mind this at all because I don't get overly excited to see either of them fight, rather this then having fighters I love to see kept off cards for monthes due to TUF obligations.

Didn't people squat all over the idea of Mir- Lesnar III, which caused him to scrap the match?

yup, and lapdog makes his first post here to try to convince peeps .... lol.

Noone wants to see Mir lesnar 3. Do whatever it takes to get Sonnen and Wandy on that show.

K-Dub-"T" -  yup, and lapdog makes his first post here to try to convince peeps .... lol.

Lol. What am I trying to convince folks of? I'm merely reporting Mir's desire to fight Brock again. Personally I'd prefer Sonnen vs Silva. As I stated in the article, I think Brock has terrible standup, and we'd just see him shoot in for g&p again. All the makings of a boring fight.

Check your fact first kid. I was only reporting a possible matchup, not trying to convince folks we should see this fight.

HTRMMA - 
K-Dub-"T" -  yup, and lapdog makes his first post here to try to convince peeps .... lol.

Lol. What am I trying to convince folks of? I'm merely reporting Mir's desire to fight Brock again. Personally I'd prefer Sonnen vs Silva. As I stated in the article, I think Brock has terrible standup, and we'd just see him shoot in for g&p again. All the makings of a boring fight.

Check your fact first kid. I was only reporting a possible matchup, not trying to convince folks we should see this fight.

Of course Mir wants to fight Lesnar again. He's been asking for another shot at Brock almost since the moment their last fight ended.

Also, according to Schaub himself, the fight with Mir is still on.

Fucking lame matchup.

mebbe just and only a third match up didn't find the interest of fans, but i think a TUF season leading to a 3rd match would be interesting between those two...

- brock exposed due to inexperience

- frank's obsession with the loss to brock

- each with a win, but brock punishing frank both times

- brock will need to shorten the learning curve... moar

- mir will need to be more focused and level-headed

- the hate betwen the two!?

i think it could work, imo.

Brock a coach, really...come on now...

cruedi - I'd rather Brock rematch Carwin, or fight Schaub. Mir III doesn't interest me right now.

Sonnen vs Wanderlei would be best! Mir vs Lesnar a close 2nd!! Phone Post