Brock too emotional?

"How is this guy really going to react when he get hit flush?"

He got hit flush by knees to the jaw from Mir and it didn't even slow him down.

Has Mir's knees ever slowed anyone down?  This is a man who was TKO's by Pe De Pano.

I do worry that he does not remain composed enough and it will put him in dangerous positions. If he had taken his time in the first Mir fight and not become reckless in trying to finish the fight, he would have never been stood up. However, I feel like that is just due to inexperience in the cage. If he sticks with mma for awhile and can remain calm and collected during his fights, he'll only get better.

Mad Xyientist -  Has Mir's knees ever slowed anyone down?  This is a man who was TKO's by Pe De Pano.

True, that knee was pretty stupid risk by Mir aswell

Ya removing 50% of your base voluntarily against Brock not a strong idea.  I wonder if Carwin realizes that.

Brock's dominance trumps his inexperience.

The Size, Strength, Athleticism, Speed, Wrestling ability & Agression is all he needs to dominate.

We will learn all we need to know tonight, if he beats Carwin he has to get the respect he deserves from any free thinking MMA fan.

Its ok to hate his personality and the fact that he wrestled in the WWE but if he beats Shane he is a force.

i think your on to something MX i am very anxious for tonight

orcus - "How is this guy really going to react when he get hit flush?"

He got hit flush by knees to the jaw from Mir and it didn't even slow him down.

Carwin's fist > Mir's knees

Mad Xyientist - 
sewich -

i mean alot of people go crazy after they win, climb the cage do backflips, hell look at liddel he runs aroudn the cage screaming after his wins and people never questioned his metal toughness.

strong point making by sewich.

But I still can detect a serious tone of insecurity in almost any interview he does.  Confident men close their mouths and act respectful.  The insecure whine about how overrated their opponents are and how they got lucky.

Then Shane must be more insecure because he's the one saying he's more athletic, more everything.

What has Brock said other than to respond to Shane? Brock responds appropriately to his opponents. Look at Randy for instance.

i honestly felt really bad for him. seemed like the boo's really got to him.

"I knew a powerhouse wrestler that was emotionally volatile and declared completely unbreakable once. His name was Mark Coleman."

Coleman was the most dominant MMA fighter of his era. Brock's emotional issues give him problems talking, not fighting. I am really analyzing this fight in terms of training camps, its the battle of the Gregs. Nelson is a master strategist while Jackson seems to have fighters that tend to be really careful. You can't be careful against somebody like Brock, there is no controlling him. Carwin is going down.

MX, youre a quality poster but I had to do it

Has Mir's knees ever slowed anyone down? This is a man who was TKO's by Pe De Pano.

Did he land any knees against PDP? He KTFO of Wes Sims with knee/punch combo.

Mad Xyientist -  You don't think you need a level head at the very top level of MMA competition?

That sounds a little off.  This sport is at least 50% mental.

I knew a powerhouse wrestler that was emotionally volatile and declared completely unbreakable once.  His name was Mark Coleman.<br type="_moz" />

You ever seen Mark Coleman slap an arm-triangle on someone from side control. Have you ever seen Coleman drop someone with right hands?

Nicdom - 
Mad Xyientist -  You don't think you need a level head at the very top level of MMA competition?

That sounds a little off.  This sport is at least 50% mental.

I knew a powerhouse wrestler that was emotionally volatile and declared completely unbreakable once.  His name was Mark Coleman.<br type="_moz" />

You ever seen Mark Coleman slap an arm-triangle on someone from side control. Have you ever seen Coleman drop someone with right hands?

You ever see Lesnar take someones back?

And Coleman has an arm-trinagle win

If he wins, he wins....