Brock's physique answers the question

sage77 -

You guys are overlooking the fact that in the past 6 years, DC has trained for 15 fights and Brock has trained for one (and that was Hunt, a guy with shitty takedown defense).

it blows me away that so many hardcores and even Rogan want to see this fight so badly.  

A stain on the “sport” IMO 

All that being said, Brock will put up a better fight than Lewis.

I get where you're coming from, but if your position is that Brock puts up a better fight than Lewis did, then I don't see how that is a "stain" on the sport. Unless Brock is this horrible human being and even then your arguement would nosedive. Case in point his arch nemesis Jon Jones, lol.. By most  accounts- including those of current and former teammates- Jon is not a good guy. If this was CM Punk level ability then I'd agree with you, but I think Brock would beat quite a few heavyweights on the roster. His reach is the same as Jones' and I think Gus is close and Daniel has struggled with that disadvantage at times. But having a reach advantage and being able to utilize it are two completely different things. But I don't see Brock being DC's next fight as a stain on the sport at all. Everybody's entitled to their opinion, but I can only think of a few guys I'd rather see DC fight than Brock (Jones, Stipe x2). It's an interesting matchup and I think DC does what he did to Lewis to most of the HW division, so it'll be interesting to see him with a unique challenge. I think people sometimes take for granted just how great D.C. is because of the Jones losses when in reality he's one of the very best of all time.

I think couture had the right game plan, but was just too small. DC doesn’t have Cain’s hands, so a good dirty boxing match where he can box him up inside Lesner’s range. If he can out work lesner against the cage and in the clinch with body shots, he could catch lesner or tire him and  get the finish.

Lesnar was gassed to the gills. But he really slapped around Mark Hunt. I’d say even if he had his horsepower downed it’d be the same. 

There’s some rewritten history with Brock. For a guy who entered the deepest waters after 1 fight he was fantastic. 

If people gave Lewis a chance and do t Brock. They seriously have shit twisted. 

DC will practice this kick for the next four or five months:

DC needs to stay quick and lose a few lbs,  jesus.  This should be his fight to lose. 

hubris - RIP Brock

this will be repeat of the Cain Velasquez fight

+1

Scrimgali -

I think DC has WAY better hands than Brock. The wrestling will negate each other’s and it will be a stand up fight. DC wins. The only chance Brock has is to get DC down. I’m not saying he can’t. The guy is a monster. But it’s going to be a tough fight. Definitely looking forward to it 

DC is without a doubt more technical with his striking than Brock.  However this is MMA and HW where one shot can make the difference.

Brock has huge hands a long reach.  Wasn't a big sample size but you could tell DC was slightly more hessitant to close the distance on Lewis because of the reach advantage and power.

AnthonyWeiner -
The Immortal One - 
Son of Neckbone - Me too, but Lesnar is nowhere near the gimmie fight that Lewis was. He's got A-level wrestling, lunchboxes and nothing to lose.

It’s guaranteed fun.

Exactly.

Lesnar will give DC problems without a doubt. I think lesnar can take DC down a couple of times too.

Lesnar took Cain down with ease. Only Cain’s gameplan was quick scrambles to get back up, and it worked perfectly. DC needs to have something similar in place, and I expect it will work this time, too.

This.  That fight ended fast, but it was fast and furious until the end.

Tug Dabone -

Overeem is a completely different case.  He could match Lesnars size and pure strength. Also Lesnar was still sick at the time of the Overeem fight.

leifdawg -
Tug Dabone -

Overeem is a completely different case.  He could match Lesnars size and pure strength. Also Lesnar was still sick at the time of the Overeem fight.

Yeah, overeem was also roided to the tits.  No way DC can come close to that level of power in his kicks.

BostonCharm - 

Lesnar was gassed to the gills. But he really slapped around Mark Hunt. I’d say even if he had his horsepower downed it’d be the same. 

There’s some rewritten history with Brock. For a guy who entered the deepest waters after 1 fight he was fantastic. 

Correct.

At the end of the day, DC is going to be fighting a 6’4" monster who cuts weight to make 285, but carries only a small amount of body fat, who is a fantastic wrestler (not on DC’s level, but still excellent) and has the largest hands ever recorded in MMA.

Is DC technically superior? Of course. If Brock lands a single overhand right, none of that matters. It’s MMA, and Lesnar is a genetic freak with just enough skills to make it work.

Going to be an exciting, one-round fight.

AnthonyWeiner - 
BostonCharm - 

Correct.

At the end of the day, DC is going to be fighting a 6’4" monster who cuts weight to make 285, but carries only a small amount of body fat, who is a fantastic wrestler (not on DC’s level, but still excellent) and has the largest hands ever recorded in MMA.

Is DC technically superior? Of course. If Brock lands a single overhand right, none of that matters. It’s MMA, and Lesnar is a genetic freak with just enough skills to make it work.

DC has superior boxing and cardio, but thier wrestling skills are similar.

Post college, Lesnar chose not to compete internationally, and instead did the WWE thing immediately after college. He arguably had a better amateur career than DC, having a record something like 105-5 with an NCAA championship. DC had half as many wins, twice the losses and was runner up his senior year.

DC is the obvious favorite over any HW in the world right now, but Lesnar does have an outside chance.

AnthonyWeiner -
The Immortal One - 
Son of Neckbone - Me too, but Lesnar is nowhere near the gimmie fight that Lewis was. He's got A-level wrestling, lunchboxes and nothing to lose.

It’s guaranteed fun.

Exactly.

Lesnar will give DC problems without a doubt. I think lesnar can take DC down a couple of times too.

Lesnar took Cain down with ease. Only Cain’s gameplan was quick scrambles to get back up, and it worked perfectly. DC needs to have something similar in place, and I expect it will work this time, too.

Brock is on the wrong side of 40 now. 33 year old Brock might have been explosive enough to power double DC. 41-42 year old Brock? Uhm, maybe?

A lot of this will depend on who Brock has in his camp this time. He needs to go back to Paulson and Nelson if he wants to win.

I’m amazed that people think this is going to be a competitive fight. Brock’s last good win was over Shane Carwin 8 fucking years ago…then got finished in the first round twice, and didn’t fight for 5 years. He certainly beat Hunt, but didn’t exactly look great in the fight, and that fight was more than 2 years ago.

DC is faster, is a better wrestler, and has actually been training/competing in MMA while Brock was focused on WWE. This isn’t going to be a good fight at all. Brock has no path to victory here. Derek Lewis has at least shown brutal knock out power…Brock has 2 knock out wins ever.

Rickmassmma - I'm amazed that people think this is going to be a competitive fight. Brock's last good win was over Shane Carwin 8 fucking years ago..then got finished in the first round twice, and didn't fight for 5 years. He certainly beat Hunt, but didn't exactly look great in the fight, and that fight was more than 2 years ago.

DC is faster, is a better wrestler, and has actually been training/competing in MMA while Brock was focused on WWE. This isn’t going to be a good fight at all. Brock has no path to victory here. Derek Lewis has at least shown brutal knock out power…Brock has 2 knock out wins ever.

Disagree that DC is faster except in possibly hand speed.  And while DC has a more well versed take game, Brock’s size can compensate.  When it comes to the ground game, I think Lesnar has a slight edge based on common opponents.  Lesnar was willing to get down in Mir’s guard and he was dominant down there; Cormier just used his wrestling in reverse and ground him up against the cage with dirty boxing.

Even saying all that I would make DC a strong favorite.

AnthonyWeiner -
BostonCharm - 

Correct.

Agreed. Lesnar will do better than Lewis did. Styles make fights.

Oh and seeing cormier vs lewis just confirmed to me that lesnar would easily be a top 5-10 HW in UFC today anyway

Tug Dabone -

he can practice all he wants. it will  have 60% of the horsepower that it did from a juiced up UBEReem

I can't wait for this fight. However it goes, it will be the highest profile wrestler vs wrestler in history of MMA.

The Immortal One - 
AnthonyWeiner -
BostonCharm - 

Correct.

Agreed. Lesnar will do better than Lewis did. Styles make fights.

Oh and seeing cormier vs lewis just confirmed to me that lesnar would easily be a top 5-10 HW in UFC today anyway

Yep. Brock would double-leg Lewis through the floor, then pound him into Bolivia. Brock easily handled Hunt, Lewis would be a walk in the park.