Broke My Toe - Advice

After 35 years on this rock, finally broke something last nite.

Anyway, I was thinking of training on Tues but strapping the sucker up to the other toes to make a super flipper and just drill but no sparring. At least until next weekend.

Is this a good idea, or should I just sit on the side of the mats sobbing for a few weeks wearing my TapOut gear? Phone Post

Ive personally never taken a break for a broken toe.. tape it up and go.. Its just one of those shitty things that happen from time to time.. my .02

Which toe? I will tell you that of all of the bones I have broken in my life nothing was worse than the pinky toe. I have broken it 3 times doing jits. My advice? Pace yourself and see what you can handle. It sounds like you have the right idea. Not much you can do for it anyway. I am at the point now where I break one, go wrap it, and continue to roll although it tends to be much more painful in the following weeks than the night it broke. Phone Post

I hurt the piggy that had roast beef.

It was okay last night but hurts like a MF now.

How long roughly does it take to get better? Phone Post

First thing, in practical terms, is probably to break the news to everyone via a somber Facebook post. You'll need that support.

You will go through the five stages of grief: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and finally... acceptance.

The sooner you get to the point where you can accept the fact that you will never again have the life you had before, the better. However, if you refuse to give up, you WILL have some sort of life several weeks from now.

--Just try to manage your expectations so you won't be disappointed.

Good luck!!!

Tape that shit.

Take some Aleve.

Train a lot of guard.

Tape toes together and/or wear one wrestling shoe, then continue to train. I'm not saying this is actually good advice, but it's probably what I would do. Phone Post

Depending on how bad it is broke anywhere from 4-6 weeks. If it is a real break, like fractured in two, you are looking at about 4-5 weeks of pain every step and you better not stub that shit because then it really starts to drag on. I have never stubbed my toe more than when one is broken. Maybe I just notice because it is the worst pain in the world when broken but either way, don't stub that shit. It hurts just thinking about it.

JRockwell - Tape toes together and/or wear one wrestling shoe, then continue to train. I'm not saying this is actually good advice, but it's probably what I would do.

That's what I have done it the past. But as mentioned IF it is a "Bad" break, you may have to wait a couple weeks even to do that.

It depends.

But my toes look like Crinkle-cut French-fries sticking out of a human foot, so consider the source.

I've always taken one week off for any dislocations or breaks on toes. I guess I'm just a bitch. Phone Post

Tape it, ibuprofen, keep going.

I've broken a few, sucks because you gotta train all guard and people will constantly grab your feet, plus nowadays everyone wants to do warmups like you're gymnists lol.

Wear wrestling boots when rolling Phone Post

broken toe my ass. try a compound fracture and surgery with 5 weeks in a cast.
bone popped out from the bottom of my foot, i ahd a pic up in a older thread, but it was a shitty thing to happen.

i now tape all my toes as a precaution, been doing it for at least 2 years now.

Tape it up , just make sure u partner up with someone who will be careful Phone Post

For those of you that always tape your toes, do you tape the first two together then the last three together? I've been trying to find the best taping groupings that doesn't throw my footwork off Phone Post

Had a 25 lbs weight fall on my foot in the gym once. Broke my big toe on my right foot. I sat out for a week then just did the fundamentals classes for a week until I felt good enough to go back into full rolling.

Didn't take long to heal.