broke up with my partner (no pics)

Made this same thread about 2 and a half months ago, but we decided to try and fix things then. Well now we're through for good and I've moved out.

We were both unhappy with shit. We're both different people. There were heaps of things about me she grew to not like and vice versa.

Still though, now I'm gone it's sunk in that it's fully over and honestly I'm feelin pretty down. Is this normal?

Although I'm 29 this is really the first serious relationship I've had so I've never really experienced this kinda shit. Just needed to speak my mind a lil.

When people use "partner" I automatically think gay.

Sorry about the break up. Phone Post 3.0

ProteusSFM - When people use "partner" I automatically think gay.

Same. Chin up, OP. You'll get over it in time.

The OG is here for you, assuming you're posting pics, otherwise I'm voting you down

But hey, keep your head up

:p Phone Post 3.0

Yea it's completely normal. You're going through the 5 stages of loss. Phone Post 3.0

Of course its normal. Any time you lose something that youve become used to, you will feel down. People get sad when they leave prison.

Its important to remember that there is a reason the two of you arent together. Dont romanticize everything about her, as people tend to do. Dont indulge in the pain of the loss, as people tend to.

Take a few days to mourn and then re-up on investments in yourself.

Eventually after the depression has subsided your situation will be much more clear. Go out with friends and have fun with some girls and DO NOT jump into another relationship right away.

Ham and Egger - Of course its normal. Any time you lose something that youve become used to, you will feel down. People get sad when they leave prison.

Its important to remember that there is a reason the two of you arent together. Dont romanticize everything about her, as people tend to do. Dont indulge in the pain of the loss, as people tend to.

Eventually after the depression has subsided your situation will be much more clear. Go out with friends and have fun with some girls and DO NOT jump into another relationship right away.
Voted up, solid Phone Post 3.0

lol it was a woman!! and i specifically said no pics lol (she wasn't that good looking anyway, not that it ever mattered to me).

Good to hear it's normal haha. I do and will miss all the cuddles (yes I must be a homo haha) and just having someone around and I guess that's what I'm thinking of right now. Can't help it. Definitely won't miss the other bullshit though.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

GaspareBJJ - 
Ham and Egger - Of course its normal. Any time you lose something that youve become used to, you will feel down. People get sad when they leave prison.

Voted up, solid Phone Post 3.0

VU from me too mate, awesome, awesome post.

I definitely have no intention of having a relationship anytime soon. Part of why she was unhappy with me was cos I liked my alone time too much.

Now I just wanna focus more on uni, get back into the gym, keep eating better (except tonight, KFC tonight haha) and being there for my friends.

Also VU. Solid advice.

Do things that you enjoy because you enjoy them not because they are merely a distraction from the break up.

Also hit the gym, Jiu Jitsu, yoga and get those endorphins flowing. Phone Post 3.0

Partner huh..? You don't say

Thanks heaps everyone hey. Really means a lot. Man I love the OG!

ProteusSFM - When people use "partner" I automatically think gay.

Me too Phone Post 3.0

You did the break up the wrong way. First you get your own place. Then you gradually move your stuff out. Then you spend most of the day at your house, meeting up maybe for breakfast then GTFO, go back to sleep but tell her she snores and sleep in different beds.

Then start sleeping at your house and not meeting up most days. Stay calm, cordial, keep in touch now and then.

This gradual changing keeps the feeling of 'loss' (loose for the OG) from setting in.

Then one day realize your stuff is not there, she's become a different person who you wouldn't normally even hang out with. You start sleeping at your house, but remain cordial, see her now and then for a meal.

Soon, being out alone you start meeting other people, changing your routine has been gradual so no shake up - break up.

You stop caring about what she's doing, realize the person you met and fell for is gone and bingo, you realize a feeling of freedom and independence.

HTH

BrunoMcGyver - Made this same thread about 2 and a half months ago, but we decided to try and fix things then. Well now we're through for good and I've moved out.

We were both unhappy with shit. We're both different people. There were heaps of things about me she grew to not like and vice versa.

Still though, now I'm gone it's sunk in that it's fully over and honestly I'm feelin pretty down. Is this normal?

Although I'm 29 this is really the first serious relationship I've had so I've never really experienced this kinda shit. Just needed to speak my mind a lil.
Bro, I'm right there with ya. Me and my wife have been together for 10 years, I turn 29 on Thursday and we are 100% done now. 4 year old daughter that'll be 5 in sept.

Shit just wasn't working. It gets very lonely around my house. It is definitely a big adjustment, but if you honestly tried and have been attempting to work on it and shit still sucks, it's gotta be time to move on

Find some friends that will go out to dinner with you, keep yourself busy with chores and errands and just work on being you for a while

Hang in there bro, best of luck Phone Post 3.0

ProteusSFM - When people use "partner" I automatically think gay.

this,

John Terry - Best advice I could give is, I was feeling down in the dumps once, so I shagged my best mates missus, felt fantastic afterwards.

Chin up mate
Haha. That will be lost on here mate. Phone Post 3.0

kkmmnn - 
BrunoMcGyver - Made this same thread about 2 and a half months ago, but we decided to try and fix things then. Well now we're through for good and I've moved out.

Bro, I'm right there with ya. Me and my wife have been together for 10 years, I turn 29 on Thursday and we are 100% done now. 4 year old daughter that'll be 5 in sept.

Shit just wasn't working. It gets very lonely around my house. It is definitely a big adjustment, but if you honestly tried and have been attempting to work on it and shit still sucks, it's gotta be time to move on

Find some friends that will go out to dinner with you, keep yourself busy with chores and errands and just work on being you for a while

Hang in there bro, best of luck Phone Post 3.0

I'm really sorry to read about your marital problems, man. They def sound far worse then my break up. I wasn't even with my partner for 18 months (lived together 10) I couldn't even imagine what it would be like leaving someone after 10 years.

I hope everything goes well for you and your child. Life is finite, it should be full of happiness.

I've been through two big break ups.

One was with a "partner", a GF of 7 years, and the other was a divorce from my first wife.

I'm now facing a divorce from my second wife.

I'm going to give you the best piece of advice I can give you from these experiences.

All the happiness that you felt during that relationship, all the good feelings, and all the good times you had...

All of that was from you. She was not the source or the cause of those feelings. They are not gone because she's gone. 

You will have that again. It's still inside you.