Broken toes - What to do?

Have to agree with amputation.I mean,think of it this way...without amputation,how do you plan on impressing the forum? A couple of weeks off is the utimate sin.You need to think this over immediately. 

I was going to post a video of a toe being amputated, but after watching it, I need to go puke for a while.

Encase your entire foot in concrete,continue to train.

take time off from kicking, boxing etc...tape them.

Dave I know you hate me but I am speaking to you as a friend in the know would. Do th TTT's. Tape, time, and take it easy are your only answers. The more you play on it while it is damaged the longer it will take to heal. If you can handle the pain, then have at it. If it is a painful break that is close to nerve endings(most of them in that area are very painful for 2-4 weeks or more) then you better lay it down for a couple weeks and come back ready to go. Just my $.02
good luck I have done it and it sucks:(

Oh and Jorx was right about the wrestling shoes suggestion if you decide to continue training anyway. This will provide some relief. Maybe some alieve(or vicodin or percoset lol) would help too before training.

Walk it off you pussy.

time............ nothing but time.

however-ice several times a day, nsaids (even if it doesn't hurt it will reduce swelling), increase fluid intake (helps to flush waste created during healing) and increase protien & calories in general (bone reformation uses alot of calories). and tape it.

its just gonna hurt.

ashleigh11 - dave, if you don't mind, how do you know your toe is broken?

the reason i ask, is did you get an xray? if its a small phalangeal fracture, yes, they should be taped together. if the fracture is your big toe, there can be problems. your balance depends on that toe working properly. if that's the one that's injured, get it looked at. the other problem arises when the bones farther up the foot, called the tarsals and metatarsals are also fractured. fractures to these bones can affect your arch height, which can cause future problems with plantar fascitis, etc. if you have ANY trouble bearing weight, or bruising farther up the foot, or any bruising that travels to the bottom of your foot, you need an xray.

threads like these make me cringe. people only think about the end result of a visit to the e.r.--"they only taped my toes together". a whole lot of thought goes into the morbidity of an injury-how this injury will heal and how it will affect the rest of your life. if it's just your little toe, it's probably not broken no matter how much it hurts and is bruised. it's pretty rare a little toe is broken. if it's one of the other one, it's worth getting looked at.

I just got back from the walk-in clinic and told me it was broken. I assumed before it was because how it looked and felt. He said the bone fragment is still attached by a little piece and it looked like a "V" with the bottom part connected.  He called it some sort of fracture with an "M" I dont know the name. But he did say it was still attached which is I guess the better kind of break. Told me the same thing to stay off of it but as long as nobody in class cares I am still going to train I just will stay off of it.

I figure if I wear a sock when drilling striking I can pivit my foot with out effecting it .

DaveGarcia - 
Jorx - wrestling boots

/end thread
Jorx speaks truth. 

You're going to allow me to wear those on the mats? They look like clown shoes. I will take my chances with the sock.

Matt Horning - Dave I know you hate me but I am speaking to you as a friend in the know would. Do th TTT's. Tape, time, and take it easy are your only answers. The more you play on it while it is damaged the longer it will take to heal. If you can handle the pain, then have at it. If it is a painful break that is close to nerve endings(most of them in that area are very painful for 2-4 weeks or more) then you better lay it down for a couple weeks and come back ready to go. Just my $.02

good luck I have done it and it sucks:(

Why would I hate you? You must have forgot the other thread we talked about this in. I was only kidding. Your good peoples. I don't know where the nerve endings are but the toe is the one next to the pinkie and the break is on top of the toe right under the nail. You can see the break by looking at it

bismanfightclub - Have someone break your ribs for you, the feet won't seem so bad.

Good idea. I will just ask Garcia to show me judo throws and keep telling him I dont understand. I figure 20 minutes of that will provoke him into hitting me.

Rub some dirt.

David@AccutestMi - 
bismanfightclub - Have someone break your ribs for you, the feet won't seem so bad.

Good idea. I will just ask Garcia to show me judo throws and keep telling him I dont understand. I figure 20 minutes of that will provoke him into hitting me.

Legit LOL. When I teach someone a throw for the first time I care much more that they understand how and why the throw works than I care about them nailing every technical apect of the throw (that comes with practice and refinement). If I kept repeatedly explaining and demo'ing a throw to a student and they just looked at me with a blank expression and said, "I don't understand," I'd freak.  

Try wrestling shoes

DaveGarcia - 
David@AccutestMi - 

Legit LOL. When I teach someone a throw for the first time I care much more that they understand how and why the throw works than I care about them nailing every technical apect of the throw (that comes with practice and refinement). If I kept repeatedly explaining and demo'ing a throw to a student and they just looked at me with a blank expression and said, "I don't understand," I'd freak.  

Dave freaked out on me one time when i threw him in front of the whole class with his famous uchi mata to tai otoshi.

mortician - 
DaveGarcia - 
David@AccutestMi - 

Dave freaked out on me one time when i threw him in front of the whole class with his famous uchi mata to tai otoshi.

Dave called those off  so quickly the other day I swear he said Oragami. What the hell does making paper animals have to do with judo? 

DaveGarcia - 
David@AccutestMi - 

So how about those Wings.... bet thats the last time you skip garrpllling class for a shitty Detroit team. Please don't tell me your a Lions fan.

The Wings looked like they all had broken toes or some sh!t. I won't be at garrpllling class til Thursday.

Harrrrrr!!!!! Well just to let you know I forgot everything you have shown me in the 2 days I have lost in training. So basically Judo is like kung fu. right?