Brotherhood week, "The Wanderers"

I know there's been mulitple threads about this masterpiece over the years.  But in this time of SJW's and racial tension, it's time to consider bringing back brotherhood week.  

When people ask me what's my favorite movie of all time, I often answer with "The Wanderers".  Being a kid in the late 70's and 80's, I was fascinated by it, and could not beleive that people actually lived this life.  Yes, i know it's sensationalized, but I also know it's based on real gangs, and  there are personal accounts from many of the real club members confirming the life>

1 Like

I read the book when it come out (before the movie) and I loved it. I liked the movie too but the book was way way better. Richard Price wrote it the book and the screen play. He wrote a few other movies too...

Bloodbrothers (1978)
The Wanderers (1979)
The Color of Money (1986)
Streets of Gold (1986)
New York Stories (1989)
Sea of Love (1989)
Night and the City (1992)
Mad Dog and Glory (1993)
Ethan Frome (1993) (executive producer)
Clockers (1995)
Kiss of Death (1995)
Ransom (1996)
Shaft (2000)
The Wire (2002)
Freedomland (2006)
Child 44 (2015)
The Night Of (2016)
The Deuce (2017-19)

1 Like

One if my all time top 5 movies.

Never get sick of watching it.

Fantastic soundtrack to boot....

2 Likes

The fight on the football field is the best part.  

1 Like
holly9000 - I read the book when it come out (before the movie) and I loved it. I liked the movie too but the book was way way better. Richard Price wrote it the book and the screen play. He wrote a few other movies too...

Bloodbrothers (1978)
The Wanderers (1979)
The Color of Money (1986)
Streets of Gold (1986)
New York Stories (1989)
Sea of Love (1989)
Night and the City (1992)
Mad Dog and Glory (1993)
Ethan Frome (1993) (executive producer)
Clockers (1995)
Kiss of Death (1995)
Ransom (1996)
Shaft (2000)
The Wire (2002)
Freedomland (2006)
Child 44 (2015)
The Night Of (2016)
The Deuce (2017-19)

Wow.  Impressive list.  I had no idea.  i'm not a huge reader, but this is somethgin I probably would read if I can find it in the library, or paperback somewhere cheap.

And I completely agree with MMA6053, the soundtrack is incredible! 

People younger than me that have actually seen The Wanderers often want to compare it to The Warriors.  I understand the comparrison, but two completely different types of movies, IMO.  Each great in the their own way, but The Wanderer's has so much more story to it, and the soundtrack is so awesome!

Mr. Sharp... Now them white boys here, They is getting obstreperous

1 Like

LEAVE THE KID ALONE.

1 Like

Football Fight Scene.

2 Likes

Such a great movie.

As mentioned, great soundtrack! Love hearing the songs randomly and it takes me right to that scene that it’s played in the movie.

I caught this about 3/4 of the way through as a kid and had no idea what it was until years and years later. I'd describe the football fight and nobody ever had any idea what I was talking about. Haven't seen it in a while but I just remember the one dad being a hard bastard.