Broward County policies explained...

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/966854507744374784.html

1. Watch this video. People don't understand how Broward County School Sheriff Officers operate. I'll explain.
2. I spent about 18 months in 2012, 2013 and 2014 investigating Broward and Miami-Dade school policies and how those policies transfer to law enforcement practices.
3. My interest was initially accidental. I discovered an untold story of massive scale and consequence as a result of initial research into Trayvon Martin and his High School life.
4. What I stumbled upon was a Broward County law enforcement system in a state of conflict. The Broward County School Board and District Superintendent, entered into a political agreement with Broward County Law enforcement officials to stop arresting students for crimes.
5. The motive was simple. The school system administrators wanted to "improve their statistics" and gain state and federal grant money for improvements therein.
6. So police officials, the very highest officials of law enforcement (Sheriff and Police Chiefs), entered into a plan.

continued...

7. As soon as Miami-Dade began to receive the benefits (political and financial) from the scheme, Broward County joined on. The approach in Broward was identical as the approach in Miami-Dade.
Broward County Florida Schools Institute The “Trayvon Martin Standard” For Student/Police Avoidance….
It was our initial FOIA requests to the Miami Dade School Police Department which revealed the secret discipline and diversionary program Trayvon Martin was granted to avoid a criminal record. …
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/11/10/broward-county-florida-schools-institute-the-trayvon-martin-standard-for-studentpolice-avoidance/
8. It's important to remember, this was not an arbitrary change - this was a well-planned fundamental shift in the entire dynamic of how teenagers would be treated when they engaged in criminal conduct.
Broward Co Collaborative Agreement on School Discipline - MOU | Sovereign Immunity | Crime & Justice
Broward Co Collaborative Agreement on School Discipline - MOU - Free download as PDF File (.pdf), Text File (.txt) or read online for free.
https://www.scribd.com/document/371916407/Broward-Co-Collaborative-Agreement-on-School-Discipline-MOU
9. The primary problem was the policy conflicted with laws; and over time the policy began to create outcomes where illegal behavior by students was essentially unchecked by law enforcement.
Reversing Broward County's School-to-Prison Pipeline
The story behind the so-far successful crusade to end disproportionate student arrests and suspensions in one Florida school district.
http://prospect.org/article/reversing-broward-countys-school-prison-pipeline
10. Initially the police were excusing misdemeanor behaviors. However, it didn't take long until felonies, even violent felonies (armed robberies, assaults and worse) were being excused.
11. The need to continue lowering the arrests year-over-year meant that increasingly more severe unlawful behavior had to be ignored. Over time even the most severe of unlawful conduct was being filtered by responding police.
12. We found out about it, when six cops blew the whistle on severe criminal conduct they were being instructed to hide. The sheriff and police Chiefs were telling street cops and school cops to ignore ever worsening criminal conduct.
13. The police were in a bind. They were encountering evidence of criminal conduct and yet they had to hide the conduct. There were examples of burglary and robbery where the police had to hide the recovered evidence in order to let the kids get away without reports.
14. The police would take the stolen merchandise and intentionally falsify police records to record stolen merchandise as if they just found it on the side of the road.
15. They put drugs and stolen merchandise in bags, and sent it to storage rooms in the police department. Never assigning the recovery to criminal conduct. Stolen merchandise was just sitting in storage rooms gathering dust.
16. They couldn't get the stuff back to the victim because that would mean the police would have to explain how they took custody of it. So they just hid it. To prove this was happening one of the officers told me where to look, and who the victim was.
17. At first I didn't believe them. However, after getting information from detectives, cross referencing police reports, and looking at the "found merchandise", I realized they were telling the truth.
18. A massive internal investigation took place and the results were buried. Participating in the cover-up were people in the media who were connected to the entire political apparatus.
19. The sheriff and police chief could always deny the violent acts (assaults, rapes, beatings etc.) were being ignored; that's why the good guys in the police dept gave the evidence of the stolen merchandise. That physical evidence couldn't be ignored and proved the scheme.
20. From 2012 though 2018 it only got worse. In Broward and Miami-Dade it is almost impossible for a student to get arrested. The staff within the upper levels of LEO keep track of arrests and when a certain number is reached all else is excused.
21. Well it didn't take long for criminal gangs in Broward and Miami-Dade to realize the benefit of using students for their criminal activities. After all, the kids would be let go... so organized crime became easier to get away with if they enlisted high-school kids.
22. As criminals became more adept at the timing within the offices of the officials, they timed their biggest crimes to happen after the monthly maximum arrest quota was made.
23. The most serious of armed robberies etc. were timed for later in the month or quarter. The really serious crimes were timed in the latter phases of the data collection periods. This way the student criminals were almost guaranteed to get away with it.
24. Now. You can see how that entire process gets worse over time. Present corruption (the need to hide the policy) expands in direct relationship to the corruption before it. This is where the School Police come into play.
25. Understanding the risk behind the scheme, it became increasingly important to put the best corrupt cops in the schools. BEST as in SMARTEST. Those SRO's became the ones who were best at hiding the unlawful conduct.
26. Again, over time, the most corrupt police officers within the system became the police inside the schools. These officers were those who are best skilled at identifying the political objectives and instructions.
27. Those "School Cops" also have special privileges. It's a great gig. They get free "on campus" housing close to the schools they are assigned to etc. They're crooked as hell and the criminal kids how just how to play them. It's a game. Also an open secret.
28. A lot of it came out during an earlier internal affairs investigation. Unfortunately the behavior never changed because the politics never changed. It's still going on:
29. For years this has been happening and no-one cared. Crimes happen; students excused; victims ignored; etc. The Broward County School and Law Enforcement system is designed to flow exactly this way. It's politics.
30. Only then a Parkland school shooting happened. For Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel this had to be an "oh shit" moment; but not for the reasons the media initially thought. If people start digging, they'll discover the shooter was one of those previously excused students
31. The same sentiment applies for Sheriff Scott's partner, School Superintendent Robert Runcie (previously from Chicago),.... things are very risky if people start digging.
32. Follow a simple timeline: 2011/2012 Broward County School administration made a policy decision to block the arrests of students in order to improve their education statistics.
Reversing Broward County's School-to-Prison Pipeline
The story behind the so-far successful crusade to end disproportionate student arrests and suspensions in one Florida school district.
http://prospect.org/article/reversing-broward-countys-school-prison-pipeline
33. 2013/2014 - Praise for the program:
South Florida Schools Join White House School Discipline Summit
South Florida school leaders traveled to Washington Wednesday to share ideas on how to reduce on-campus arrests and suspensions. Superintendents from
http://wlrn.org/post/south-florida-schools-join-white-house-school-discipline-summit
34. 2017 - The program continues. Still chasing year-over-year reductions. Worse and worse crimes being excused.

1. 2018 - Parkland School Shooting. 17 dead. Political cop (SRO) cowered from shooter; now retiring. School board wondering 'what went wrong'.
    Parkland shooter always in trouble, never expelled. Could school system have done more?
    Confessed school shooter Nikolas Cruz went to six Broward schools in three years. His rights often conflicted with those of his classmates.
    http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article201216104.html
    Entirely predictable.
    36. I will give testimony, provide names, outline dates, and give all prior records to any lawyer for use in a wrongful death lawsuit – so long as their intent would be to financially ruin the entire system and personally bankrupt the participants.
    37. /END
    Now the story behind this tweet from Jake Tapper will make more sense:
    39. Here's some of the police affidavits, taken under oath, for the "doubters".

Sergeant William Tagle - Internal Affairs Investigative Report
    Sergeant William Tagle - Internal Affairs Investigative Report - Read online for free. Miami-Dade School Police Department Internal Affairs Investigative Report - Sergeant William Tagle (Hispanic Mal…
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/135564937/Sergeant-William-Tagle-Internal-Affairs-Investigative-Report

Steven N Hadley Sr. affidavit - and investigation
    Steven N Hadley Sr. affidavit - and investigation - Read online for free. Sworn statement(s) by M-DSPD officer Steven N Hadley (Det) regarding Trayvon Martin and contact with MDSPD. Also, his contact…
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/135684004/Steven-N-Hadley-Sr-affidavit-and-investigation

Affidavit From Commander Deanna Fox Williams
    Affidavit From Commander Deanna Fox Williams - Read online for free.
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/135692728/Affidavit-From-Commander-Deanna-Fox-Williams

sergeant Lourdes Hodges Sworn Statement - Affidavit
    Sergeant Lourdes Hodges of MDSPD sworn statement from Internal Affairs investigation of Trayvon Martin information release. Hodges confirms prior Detective statement of what information was sent t…
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/136164820/sergeant-Lourdes-Hodges-Sworn-Statement-Affidavit

Sworn affidavit of Detective Gylamar Ochoa MDSPD
    Affidavit of involvement for Detective Gylmar Ochoa Miami-Dade School Police Department regarding the photographing of stolen jewelry from the Trayvon Martin Incident at Krop Senior High School.
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/136392330/Sworn-affidavit-of-Detective-Gylamar-Ochoa-MDSPD

Sergeant Bradley Rosh - MDSPD Sworn Affidavit
    Sergeant Bradley Rosh from Miami-Dade School Police Dept gives a sworn affidavit with his personal counsel regarding the Trayvon Martin case and interactions with the Media regarding the files of T..…
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/136642019/Sergeant-Bradley-Rosh-MDSPD-Sworn

Pretty interesting read. Not the first time I've heard of districts keeping the crime stats low for money and image. Artificially inflated graduation rates is something that has hit the news, crime being swept under the rug often gets less press but I would assume goes hand in hand.

That doesn't seem good. What's the Jake Tapper tweet? He's pretty reliable.

Jake Tapper
?
@jaketapper

This is horrific. “In November, a tipster called BSO to say Cruz ‘could be a school shooter in the making’ but deputies did not write up a report on that warning. It came just weeks after a relative called urging BSO to seize his weapons.” https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/966853104179273729
8:54 PM - Feb 22, 2018

Without reading a word of your op I'm going to guess it's more CT nonsense coming from you. 

Holy fucking frat.

I'm in

Bam57Bam - 

Without reading a word of your op I'm going to guess it's more CT nonsense coming from you. 

Wonderful.

TheLastRefuge
? @TheLastRefuge2
2h2 hours ago

TheLastRefuge Retweeted Jake Tapper

This is the standard process in Broward County. Remember, the police are instructed to keep almost all student criminal conduct hidden. So WTF are those same police supposed to do with advanced notice?
See the problem?
Entirely predictable.
We warned them in '13/'14

Lots of districts were under pressure to get graduation rates up and disciplinary/suspension rates down during the Common Core reform years as doing so was tied to fed money.

Some here probably remember all that.

Something else interesting from a local:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/966396341877342208.html

My name is John Bouchell and I am not a bot. I was in school administration after spending a stint in the military. Let me explain: As usual, I was a teacher, a coach and later became an administrator. I worked at all three levels of public school in administration.
Like most athletic males I was assigned as a part of a school security team- at all three levels. Eventually, I was trained by the Department of Homeland Security, Several sheriff's departments, and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, GBI. Prior, I was trained the military.
I was a Combat Crew member and a certified marksman with both rifles and pistols (M-16, and .40 Cal Colt) with an Oak Leaf Cluster (Multiple awards). I was a likely person to help with school security and had an extensive background in technology and video surveillance as well.
I held an SCI security clearance which is the very highest we have in America. I say these things to help you to understand my background to weigh my opinion as to the events in Parkview Florida, (30 minutes from my home where I live, now retired from School administration).
As an administrator in charge of a large High School of 1,800 students and 140 employees, I held tabletop exercises and wrote publications & power points presentation, & helped with both multiple school & mult-jurisdiction school systems training as developer and presenter.
Never did I hear from, receive information from, or was contacted by, read any publications, or gathered statistics from the United States Secret Service. Not once- EVER. Yet, 3 weeks prior to the shooting in Florida, the USSS was not only at the school, they held training.
I have also, despite actually thwarting a school shooting by an armed predator at my school, causing both Code Red, total lockdown, 911calls and arrests and conviction of the potential shooter, saw, spoke with, or was interviewed or contacted by the FBI, or the USSS.
Its worthy to note the 911 response time was in excess of 20 minutes. In fact, I was only contacted by a few reporters. The incident was basically ignored and squashed in fear of damaging the political establishment, school board, school superintendent, et.al.
NO REPORTERS EVER CONTACTED MY STUDENTS for interviews or opinions. I never spoke to a national law enforcement agent much less the USSS. So, to hear the FBI were the first responders only beating CNN by minutes in a wealthy Florida area saturated with Law Enforcement shocked me.
Seeing the amazing amount of CNN coverage so well organized and all espousing one message and only one message is equally troubling. Seeing a student saying she actually walked with the shooter while evacuating and HEARD shots shocked me.
Seeing video of a student telling us she was told they would have a drill that day with actors deeply troubles me. Seeing the same young man over and over who visited CNN that day and whose father is an FBI agent troubles me.
Seeing and hearing the same narratives over and over that conflict with every aspect of training and experience I have is extremely unsettling. I saw video interviews of students claiming multiple shooters. This is troubling as well.
I realize that the shooter apparently pulled the fire alarm to create chaos and provide a richer target environment (that alarm would have sent a signal to its precise time and location by the way) and tossing smoke bombs in a stairwell to drive the victims to the shooter's local
BUT: At least one interview I watched was a student saying her doorknob was rattled and she heard a voice say "Go try another door". This needs exploration. I can sit here and tell you who I think failed miserably but it is fruitless. I'll save that opinion for future reference.
In my utterly qualified, expert opinion, there are several troubling "Facts" being dispensed that I refuse to accept prima facia. Some of them are: Why was the shooter visited 39 times by local LE but never placed on a watch list and their right to a firearm flagged and denied.

Why was his extensive school discipline not compiled and presented to the school board for total expulsion from the schools? What was the FBI the first response when the school is so close to the PD and an officer with a radio was supposedly on campus?
How did CNN have so many "Kids" in place to echo their exact verbiage and focus on the actual weapon and not the shooter? Why isn't the alleged USSS involvement in a public school being examined? Who is this reoccurring "Student" that has family in the FBI?
Why are the interviews that do NOT agree with the one shooter or the narrative that CNN is pushing being heard? Why aren't the multiple videos available (With the floor plan I have seen I would have had approx 22 cameras in that building and had over 140 in my school) being seen?
I realize that some of the videos will be used for the trail of the shooter; however, it is in the interest of the public to see some of the unused footage that is available. Why was the USSS at a this school providing training 3 weeks prior?
And how was the weakest, sloppiest, and most often NOT on REAL location news company all over this son of the FBI agent with an amazing and uncanny ability to find a news camera in multiple sates in the last six months?
Did this infamous teenager actually graduate already? Has the USSS ever been to any other schools to supervise and provide training for an active shooter situation? How could the USSS possibly visit all 22,000 High Schools in the US? And how would they be chosen?
Who identified this shooter and how did L.E. track him to the retail store he was arrested at? Why has the entire CNN narrative to attack the second amendment when at least THREE government institutions (possibly FIVE if you count DFACS) failed miserably to help the mentally ill
Why has the school district decided to demolish this building (like they did Sandy Hook) if their narrative is true and correct? Why not allow the forensics to be published and explored completely? Make it the offices of school safety as a monument even- But I digress.
All in all my PROFESSIONAL opinion is this stinks to high heavens. Either we are surrounded by the most incompetent news people in the world, who don't ask questions or give a damn about these murders, or they have NO concept of why this happened will happen again soon.
I for one am SICK TO DEATH of fake news outlets pretending this is about a rifle- its not. Its about a mentally ill person, totally abandoned and discarded and politically expediently ignored, by multiple agencies allowed to commit inhumane acts of terror due to incompetence. END

Anyone heard of such a practice as keeping surveillance footage on delay to destroy evidence? This a common tactic in corrupt places?

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/02/23/broward-county-sheriffs-office-did-not-miss-warning-signs-or-make-mistakes/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

? Secondly, the 27 minute tape-delay in the CCTV system is not an “accident”, “flaw” or “mistake”. It is entirely by design.

As a standard Broward and Miami-Dade practice, when school law enforcement need to cover-up or hide behavior, they need time (when that behavior happens) to delete the evidence trail. As such the school policy -as carried out in practice- is more efficient with a 30 minute tape delay affording the school officer enough time to deal with the situation, then erase the possibility of a recording of the unlawful activity surfacing.

Building in a 30 minute delay on the CCTV system was one of those pesky add-on items that happened a few years ago when the School and Law Enforcement officials established the policy of intentionally not arresting students.

With modern technology it’s tough to hide criminal behavior, especially the violent stuff, when it is being recorded. Duh. Ergo the tape-delay was the best-practice workaround.

Broward County Solution -

Did the Progressive 'Broward County Solution' Cost 17 Student Lives?

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/02/did_the_progressive_broward_county_solution_cost_17_student_lives.html

Clearly the new beards. Walls of bullshit. The only source document for that entire list doesn;t even describe what the list claims. Why don't you do your own homework and check your work by explaining what is so sinister in this document: https://www.scribd.com/document/371916407/Broward-Co-Collaborative-Agreement-on-School-Discipline-MOU

Sub...

sub.

FBI Tipster Transcript Leaked: Cruz Will "Get Into A School And Shoot The Place Up": Full Text
Profile picture for user Tyler Durden
by Tyler Durden
Fri, 02/23/2018 - 17:20
SHARES
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit
Email
Print

A person close to Nikolas Cruz, the teenager accused of killing 17 people at a Florida high school on Valentines day, warned the FBI she was concerned Cruz would "get into a school and just shoot the place up," according to a leaked transcript of her call to the bureau's tip line one month before the massacre.

The transcript, seen by the Wall Street Journal, provides chilling detail about the woman’s efforts on January 5, just over a month before the February 14 tragedy, to warn authorities about Nikolas Cruz’s propensity for violence and his troubled past.

Tragically, the FBI was busier with other things.

“You know, it’s just so much,” said the caller. “I know he’s—he’s going to explode.” The woman said she was making the call because she wanted a “clear conscience if he takes off and, and just starts shooting places up,” according to the transcripts which were reviewed by the Wall Street Journal.

The caller also mentioned that Cruz dressed up as a ninja or an ISIS fighter, according to the WSJ.

While the FBI last week acknowledged receiving such a call, the transcript, and the stark nature of the caller’s precise warnings about Cruz’s disturbing actions and volatile temperament, previously hasn’t been made public.

“It’s alarming to see these pictures and to know what he’s capable of doing and what could happen,” the caller continued. “He’s [been] thrown out of all these schools because he would pick up a chair and just throw it at somebody, a teacher or a student, because he didn’t like the way they were talking to him.”

She also said that Cruz was due to inherit $25,000 a year, from a life insurance policy, and she was worried that he would spend it on guns.

Psychopath

The concerned Cruz acquaintance also told the FBI that he mutilated frogs, and at least on one occasion, a bird.

“He brought the bird into the house,” she recounted. “He threw it on his mother’s kitchen counter and he started cutting it up. He has all kinds of hunting knives. I don’t know what knife he used, though. And he started cutting the bird up, and his mother…said, ‘What’re you doing?’ And he says, ‘I want to see what’s inside.’”

The caller then said, “That to me would be a red flag.”

Apparently not so much to the FBI, which admitted last week that it failed to forward the call to the Miami field office for investigation.

The FBI also admitted that the Bureau had investigated a school shooting threat made on YouTube last year but could not identify person behind it - despite Nikolas Cruz using his real name to sign the threat which quite literally says "Im going to be a professional school shooter."

The man who reported Cruz, Ben Bennight, spoke with the FBI last year for about 20 minutes, and there was no follow-up from the FBI after that initial conversation.

Then, Bennight told CBS that he again spoke with the FBI on Wednesday night for about 20 minutes. They wanted to know if he knew anything more after first reporting the YouTube video last year. He said the same agent/agents he spoke with last year came to his home Wednesday.

Furthermore, as we reported earlier today, CNN's FOIA of Broward County 911 records has produced a steady stream of scoops about Parkland, Fla. school shooter Nikolas Cruz fleshing out much of what is publicly known about Cruz's background and the various reports made warning the FBI and other authorities about his threatening behavior.

The police were warned about Cruz's violent past - that he'd "used a gun against people before" and had "put the gun to others' heads in the past" - but still they did nothing.

The FBI last week issued a statement disclosing that the call wasn’t passed on to its Miami field office for investigation.

“Under established protocols, the information provided by the caller should have been assessed as a potential threat to life,” the FBI said. “The information then should have been forwarded to the FBI Miami field office, where appropriate investigative steps would have been taken.”

The FBI and the Justice Department are investigating why the lead wasn’t followed up.

In addition to the FBI's monumental failure and a steady stream of 911 calls about Cruz, video evidence revealed that an armed Broward County resource deputy stationed at Stoneman Douglas High School during the Valentine's day massacre did "nothing" during the shooting - instead waiting outside as a gunman opened fire on students and teachers.

The officer, Scot Peterson, resigned shortly after being placed on leave.

"We're not going to disclose the video at this time, and we may never disclose the video depending on the prosecution and the criminal case,"said Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel.

"These families lost their children, we lost coaches. I've been to the funerals. I've been to the homes where they're sitting shiva. I've been to the vigils. It's just, there are no words."

When asked by a reporter what the deputy should have done, the Sheriff replied "Went in. Address the killer. Kill the killer."

Meanwhile, the anti-2nd Amendment crowd continues to peddle children around to try and strip law abiding Americans of their right to bear arms - ignoring the fact that had the FBI and Broward County authorities simply done their jobs, 17 people would still be with us.

The full leaked FBI transcript is below (pdf link):

So look at this kid's history, you want to explain how his foster father has the background he has and knew nothing about the dangers this kid posed?