Brown Belt Tonight

So far it has been 11 years- 3 knee operations, 2 hip operations, bicep tendon repair, 2 shoulder surgeries, and a Multiple Sclerosis diagnosis. It didn't help that I was over 30 when I started...

As a blue belt, I thought I would never see the Black Belt. Now it's starting to seem possible. It's very cliche to say " A Black Belt is a White Belt that never quit". Tonight, among my very good friends and training partners it seems more true than trite.

I was very surprised, honored, and humbled. I still have a long way to go, but I was very happy to take the next step tonight.

Don't give up. If I can earn a Brown, you can too. Just keep training, no matter what. I'll see you at Black.

Chango

Congrats man :) Phone Post 3.0

Congrats Phone Post 3.0

Congrats Phone Post 3.0

Congrats. Great post vu! Phone Post 3.0

Congrats! This is the hardest belt to get.

Congrats!!

Congratulations! Phone Post 3.0

Congratulations, man! Phone Post 3.0

Congratulations!

Congrats dude Phone Post 3.0

Nice dude Phone Post 3.0

Welcome to brown town! Phone Post 3.0

Congrats. Many would of quit after the first or second surgery. My hats off to you. Phone Post 3.0

Damn, that's a rough road. Congrats! Phone Post 3.0

WOW......Warrior on bro! Congrats going through all that to a brown belt.

I called brown the "bourbon" belt.......cause I started drinking bourbon with my naproxen sodiums ;p

Congrats man Phone Post 3.0

Sgt. Slaphead - WOW......Warrior on bro! Congrats going through all that to a brown belt.

I called brown the "bourbon" belt.......cause I started drinking bourbon with my naproxen sodiums ;p

Legit LOL!!

I know exactly what you mean!

Chango

Thanks to everyone.

I know a lot of people that have suffered worse. I have been well supported by this community over the years. Many others have offered advice and inspiration. If I could return that by helping just one other person to decide to stick it out just one more day,week,month...

Chango

Congratulations! Phone Post 3.0