Brown: I can knock out Johny Hendricks

Brown: I can knock out Johny Hendricks

/go=news.detail&gid=443912

Matt Brown's impressive win at this past weekend's UFC Fight Night 45 was his seventh win in a row and is now likely a win away from a title shot.

Brown believes he has the tools to not only defeat champion Johny Hendricks, but to knock him out:

Damon Martin via FOX Sports

"I definitely don't think it would go to decision.  Like I've said 100 times, I'm not going to hit him that many times and not knock him out. He's not going to stay on his feet if I hit him as many times as Robbie Lawler did.   I'm a really accurate striker," Brown said.

"I hate to eat my own words because I hit Erick Silva a lot of times and he didn't go down and it went three rounds, but I've got to get my groove back.  I can knock him out, I guarantee it."

read entire article...

follow @UFConFOX...

well, its good that he's confident but I'm not really sure how he wins

Johnny hits harder, has a great chin, has better wrestling, showed some diversity in his striking the last fight with leg kicks - I just don't see Matt winning but he'll put on an exciting one regardless

Cold Matt Brown vs 70% Johnny would be a great fight Phone Post 3.0

I love brown but he is delusional if he thinks he hits harder than ruthless robbie lawler Phone Post 3.0

Everybody is scared of Hector.

KOphil25 - I love brown but he is delusional if he thinks he hits harder than ruthless robbie lawler Phone Post 3.0

I didn't read those statements to mean he thinks he can hit harder than Lawler.  I read them to say he's more accurate.  If there is any incinuation, IMO, he's saying that Lawler's strikes weren't accurate enough to KO Hendrix.

Not sure I agree that Brown can KO  Big Rig, but I don't think he's saying he hits harder than Robbie Lawler.

ABE FROMAN - 

Everybody is scared of Hector.

If he can beat him then he deserves a title shot because Lombard is a legit threat to anybody at 170lbs

They've gotta make Brown vs Lombard. That has the potential to be outstanding!! Phone Post 3.0

"Too bad Hendicks will put him on his back. Brown better work on his bjj"

His BJJ is pretty good these days, he had lots going on against Silva and Swick and they are no slouches.

"I love brown but he is delusional if he thinks he hits harder than ruthless robbie lawler"

He doesn't have to. A non-stop barrage of kicks, knees, elbows, uppercuts, etc might get the KO where one punch at a time doesn't.

Also, Nick Diaz doesn't hit harder than Johny either, but he one-punched Lawler.

KOphil25 - I love brown but he is delusional if he thinks he hits harder than ruthless robbie lawler Phone Post 3.0

Hitting hard is important but KO's can come from timing and accuracy.

Outlaw'd by Lytle - They've gotta make Brown vs Lombard. That has the potential to be outstanding!! Phone Post 3.0
This makes sense if he isn't Getting a shot now Phone Post 3.0

RoysBellyRollzz - Cold Matt Brown vs 70% Johnny would be a great fight Phone Post 3.0
Hell yea, barn burner Phone Post 3.0

This.

NakedCowboyOnMyRear - 

why do so many dumbfucks correlate what Matt Brown said, to making it out to him saying he hits harder than Lawler? jesus christ. how many people think Nick Diaz hits harder than Hendricks? seeing as how he KO'd Lawler? it's about hitting the right spot, not power.

why are you so mad?

No way he knocks him out, but if he can stay off his back, I think he can tire Johny out and get a tko in later rounds. Phone Post 3.0

Anything's possible, the guy's tough.

But the Silva fight wasnt a good testament of his skill.

I'm watching the fight now, beginning of round 3 and I cant watch any more.

Silva is doing nothing on the defensive end. No foot work, no ducking, no moving; simply absorbing strikes...

0% chance of him knocking Hendricks out. Zero.

If Matt Brown says it's gonna be sunny, you can forget keeping an umbrella in the trunk.

If Matt Brown says he will have sex with your woman, you'd better hold her feet and have a cool towel for the man.

If Matt Brown says he can knock Hendricks out, believe him.

Who are you to doubt El Dandy? Phone Post 3.0