Brown Pride?

Big Brown pride ..lol

Herring In A Fur Coat - 
HEVYMENTL - 
PoundforPound - I agree with Elias. "Brown pride" is more a statement that being Hispanic isn't something to be ashamed of. While "white pride" has racist and white supremacist overtones.

It certainly is ok to be proud to be white too....so don't jump on me about that. As that's not what I'm saying.

Just pointing out that there is a difference between the way the terms are usually used.

BULLSHIT.

+1 on bullshit

Bullshit on your Bullshit

PoundforPound - I agree with Elias. "Brown pride" is more a statement that being Hispanic isn't something to be ashamed of. While "white pride" has racist and white supremacist overtones.

It certainly is ok to be proud to be white too....so don't jump on me about that. As that's not what I'm saying.

Just pointing out that there is a difference between the way the terms are usually used.

I get Elias' point about the two terms not being equally "loaded."  And I will grant that.

However, regardless of intent (e.g., the comment about "Brown pride" is more a statement that being Hispanic isn't something to be ashamed of" and therefore is just a social statement or badge of ethnic pride), "Brown pride" is perceieved to be about political change...

it certainly is not the Latino version of  "Kiss me, I'm Irish"...

I dunno... to me it is just tacky to wear political statements on your body... bumper stickers are bad enough.

Ken Buchanan of Scotland proudly fought with his clan colors on his trunks, and entered the ring with bagpipe music. I think that's cool as hell.

Marcus Davis is proud to have Irish ancestry, and that's cool as well.

Nobody is saying that white people can't express pride to be white.

Try to read what Elias is actually saying here.

PoundforPound - Ken Buchanan of Scotland proudly fought with his clan colors on his trunks, and entered the ring with bagpipe music. I think that's cool as hell.

Marcus Davis is proud to have Irish ancestry, and that's cool as well.

Nobody is saying that white people can't express pride to be white.

Try to read what Elias is actually saying here.

There is a difference between country/cultural pride and "color" pride. Simple as that. I'm proud to be Italian, but I wouldn't start an olive color pride group or tattoo "Olive Color Pride" on my chest.

I mean, seriously. Why don't we have people start doing shades of color pride. "High Yellow Pride", "Light Beige Pride", "Well Tanned Pride". The color thing is just ridiculous.

Scottish clan = family/country
Irish colors = one country

Brown pride / white pride = race = politics

I don't have any "problem" with someone doing it. - do whatever you want. But personally,  I just think it is tacky to wear political slogans (esp. on tattoo).

Would be cooler to do flag, crest, or something symbolic about cultural heritage, rather than race/politics.

mdrndaysamurai - 
Elias Cepeda - And hey, what's up Cliff? lol

Was going to text you (and still will) a congrats message

thanks man! married life is awesome! You doing the titan tourney?

Sure am! you?

absolutely

Great! Just let me know what division you are doing so I can be sure to stay out of it bro :)

Ttt

Whoa can't believe this got bumped. How??? Why??? Ps- I did do the titan tourney. Not only took place but submitted everyone :-) Phone Post