Bruce Lee: am i the only one

I'm old, so I was already training before I heard of Bruce Lee.  However, he was inspiration to me and a martial arts genius.

There is so much more to martial arts than the wins and losses of a man.

It was the old Kung Fu series that got me interested in martial arts not Bruce Lee.

"Bruce is a lot like Jimi Hendrix. To argue his place in history is to expose your lack of perspective and understanding of the time that immortalized him. If you are under an age that was there, it's perfectly understandable."

Great analogy, Racer X.

"It was the old Kung Fu series that got me interested in martial arts not Bruce Lee."

The irony in that statement is awesome.

^^LOL

Bruce Lee is Jesus Christ in true form!!! ...I am actually being as serious as possible when I state this indisputable fact of true nature.

Bruce Lee is as close to possible to perfection as you can get given the time period he was born. Respect him if you respect martial arts now...Bitch.

You should be ashamed

scottyT...Bruce Lee was a true pioneer, martial arts genius and deserves your absolute respect.  He was not Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who died for our sins!!  Jesus is Lord. 

Bruce Lee was the 1st Mixed Martial Artist. He was way before his time and a great innovator.
He realized that it was about using the right tool for the right range. He was a seeker of true in combat. His idea was to become a devastating fighter, regardless of style or system.
Had he not died at a young age, his impact would have been even greater. Remember, the way he fought in the movies was NOT the way he fought in real life.
I personally have been training in JKD since 1973 and have trained with several of Bruce's students.
He inspired many martial artists of my generation. I encourage everyone to read and study the Tao of Jeet Kune Do. It has a lot of information that is useful even today.

"Bruce Lee did not influence MMA."

Then why do most pro MMA'ers cite him as their inspiration to start in the martial arts?

Bruce's legacy and inspiration runs far outside the world of martial arts.

You cant blame Rage for Limp Bizkit, Run DMC for 50 Cent either.

"Bruce Lee is Jesus Christ in true form!!! ...I am actually being as
serious as possible when I state this indisputable fact of true nature."

When I first read this, my reaction was disgust mixed with laughter.

How sad for you, I thought, that you could be so delusional to worship
an actor.

Well, about an hour later, I headed to the kitchen for a bite to eat,
specifically some toast with marmalade. While making the snack, I
dropped a whole glob of orange stuff on the table. I was about to
curse when the image suddenly hit my eye: The marmalade spill had
formed into the perfect shape of the Little Dragon, Bruce Lee!

I sat stunned, time seemed to stop, the world around me dissolved and
I was enveloped by a white light, more powerful than a Royce Gracie
jab.

Then up from the table rose the marmalade image of Bruce. It hovered
in front of me, took a right lead stance and raised its rear heel off the
ground slightly. I began sobbing uncontrollably as the living God of all
martial arts reached out with his lead hand to gently and lovingly eye
jab me. I felt a force move through my body and I knew I had been
reborn.

I thanked Bruce for the new life he had given me and then sat down
and ate the marmalade and toast. UMMM..marmalade and toast!

So next time any of you wise asses want to bad mouth Lee, just think
of the goodness of marmalade and toast and thank God you aren't a
starving kid in Africa or somewhere.

"And people's place in history should always be reviewed. That's a terrible analogy because they involve two different pursuits, with two different influences. Bruce Lee did not influence MMA. However, Hendrix continues to influence music."

It's an excellent analogy if you actually read the post. I said nothing about Bruce's influence on mma, only his place in the history of martial arts in America, the perspective I was speaking of.

LMFAO at 5 Deadly Venoms being a piece of shiite.....

Well opinons are like..... Anyways I was actually more inspired by The Karate Kid and the fact that I lived in Japan for many of my childhood years.

I doubt anyone here could produce the same life Bruce did. Rather he was a fighter or an actor, none of us here will ever put together a life that impacts so many like him in such a short period of time. Like it or not, you will never be Bruce, even after your 3 backyard fights.

ttt

"Because they're trendy, sheepish idiots?"

because bashing bruce lee isn't trendy at all nowadays...

LMFAO at 5 Deadly Venoms being a piece of shiite..... '

it was the 7 deadly venoms. and i almost fell asleep. although i did enjoy the 5 masters of death.

but watch it back to back with fist of legend and tell me it's as entertaining or choreographed as well.