Bruce Lee Foundation

How do you all feel about the BLF? I have no respect for them. They have totally segregated themselves from Inosanto, Bustillo and others who have worked so hard to evolve and grow. I do see that Diana Inosanto was/is(?) on the advisory committee but I will not support them when they have no reference to anything with Mr. Inosanto or others who have evolved. I think this is a poor way to carry Bruce Lee into a legacy. I have even refused to buy black belt since reading that crappy article that made it sound like such a resurgance. Maybe I am wrong could I get some light on the subject. I am willing to change my views I might not have the whole picture.

I would like to ask Linda Lee, Shannon Lee, and each of the other board of directors of the foundation how often do they practice martial arts a day, and for how many years? If it turns out that they are not life long martial arts practioners, why are they in the martial arts business?

ttt

Bruce Lee=$. Nuff said.

"We just had a Shannon Lee seminar at my school.
It was great, the students loved it!"

"It was amazing to get to work with the daughter of The Dragon."

stares blankly at screen

Don't stare too long Scott...Shen has a twisted sense of homour!-)

"We just had a Shannon Lee seminar at my school. It was great, the students loved it!"
"It was amazing to get to work with the daughter of The Dragon."

stares blankly at screen

lolol

"I would like to ask Linda Lee, Shannon Lee, and each of the other board of directors of the foundation how often do they practice martial arts a day, and for how many years? If it turns out that they are not life long martial arts practioners, why are they in the martial arts business?"

they aren't, and do you really have to ask why they are in the business?

"We just had a Shannon Lee seminar at my school.

It was great, the students loved it!

It was amazing to get to work with the daughter of The Dragon."

I am sure and most people are great to work with and have alot of knowledge. But I just am amissed on how they just disregarded the path that Inosanto and others developed and grew through the 80's.

I guess in the end it has no bearing. To me the BLF is nothing but a paper organization that is grasping on history and trying to make appear inovative for the sake of the $$$. Places that show growth are of higher concern. Jun Fan has just lost all apeal to me.

not that I have a great legacy, but if I did, if people really wanted to learn Rob's JKD, looking to my wife and blood relatives would not be where I think they would get the most comprehensive picture of my life's work.

Not the only JKD wife to cash in on her husband--it's just that Bruce is dead and all.

And it's not only JKD--there are quite a few big name martial artists whose wives "manage" them.

John

LOL!! Just you wait until a certain 'big name' dies, you haven't seen the worst of it yet. Plans are already in the making.

"big name's" "big lady" is the "big boss."

LOL! You guys are so funny and yet so right.

Scott,

Are these plans you speak of part of the reason why I can't officially get my hands on any of the many copies of recorded seminars, or is it just me?

Calbert, in my unofficial opinion, yes. Even if you are the seminar host and pay that HEFTY price tag, you are not allowed to video tape the seminar, even for your own personal use.

Daaaaaaamn Scott! That's crazy! I thought at least the host got to have a copy, especially (like you said) after having to pay such a high price for the seminar. Man, that's crazy!

Yep. That's a fairly recent development. The last time I saw a host video tape, the tape was taken 'for the library' when the instructor left. It's a ridiculous attitude to have with everything evolving at the rate that it has and everything being out in the open and available to the public. There are no secrets.

On a slightly similar note, I was at a camp once and she, the instructors wife, wanted all of the instructors to get out, one by one, and 'bow down' to the instructor in question and repeat the oracion to show "loyalty and respect" to him. Luckily, HE refused us doing it. I was ready to be black-balled right then 'cause I was NOT going to 'bow down' to any man.

^^^Maybe she was just checking to make sure that you kept "your eyes on your opponent, even when you bow?"

Maybe? Buehler? Frye?

^^^^ Boooo!!

^^^^ Why booo??? Could have been that, you never know. ;) LOL!