Bruce Lee talking about MMA

I know most of you have seen this, but it still is a great interview!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TXSTjp3c3Y

The 2 finger pushup is true! I always thought it was just a myth. Dem be sum strong azz fingaz!

There are lessons for everyone to be learned from Bruce Lee.  Bruce Lee was a genius and light years ahead of his time.

Gary Hughes

I don't know if Bruce Lee would have beaten Fedor or not, it would also depend on what kind of rules.  But if they were the same size I would pick Bruce Lee. 

If Bruce Lee was still alive, he would probably be a black belt in BJJ by now.

That man had a very firm grasp of fighting technique and it's applications in the real world.

He was also jacked. Anybody have any info on his training regimen?

didn't he kill chuck norris with a guillotine choke? can't make a chuck norris is a badass joke about that.

I think that man did more for martial arts than any one man in the last 100 years. How many of us got into TMA/MMA because of him?

"Im fairly sure I could, 2 finger pushups are easy if you weigh 130."

Get outta here with that shit. I doubt your fatass could even do a one hand pushup.

On a nicer note, Judo Gene did not beat his ass. I believed they sparred lightly and Bruce was tagging him repeatedly. Gene asked Bruce, what would you do if I just sat down? Bruce said he would just walk away.

I think its fair to assume he was legit ArthurFonzerill.

"Bruce was told by some Karate teacher in the area that he had to be approved or some shit to teach"

This is true, although Bruce did not easily win the fight. As a matter of fact, he had to fight so hard, it made him go back and re-think some things and train harder, and revamp his style some more. He did win though.

And yes, he was very legit. On the set of "Enter the Dragon", which employed hundreds of great martial artists as extras, he was constantly being challenged by someone trying to make a name for themselves and be the guy who beat Bruce Lee. Bruce never backed down, and always accepted the challenge. He would pause filming, quickly dispatch the guy, and then carry on. He truly was an exceptional martial artist.

He revolutionized martial arts, most especially in America when most instructors refused to teach westerners their "deadly arts."

Bruce Lee broke down cultural and racial barriers as well as assumptions about one art being better than the other.

He's a big reason I got into martial arts too. Jet Li and Jackie Chan are more what I grew up with though.

Bruce Lee's students at various times included Joe lewis, Chuck Norris, and Mike Stone....

and Kareem abdul Jabbar.

ttt

Bruce not only beat the guys, he would help then back up and tell them what they did wrong. The match for the right to teach lasted so long because the guy kept running away. Then finally Bruce decided it's taking too long and got a hold of him, took him down and submitted him. He not only knew striking, but in his book, he shows many grappling techniques labeled "studies on Judo and Jiu Jitsu." When he was younger, everytime he learned a new technique, he would experiment with it on the streets to see if it actually worked. Way ahead of his time.

When I think of Bruce lee, I see a man that helped stop the martial arts comunity from going in to an classical mold and having to much pride in themselves.

The fact is that if you read the history of all martial arts and its pioneers you will see that there is and was many bruce lee types. Just like religions, whenever an art loses its balance between fundamentals and evolving, there is always some type of "savior" that comes and shows or exposes the faults from separating the two.

O yeah, For all those people that think they know about Bruce Lee pleases read this and stop living off of myths about the man.

http://www.wingchundo.com/default.cfm/PID=1.1.3

"On a nicer note, Judo Gene did not beat his ass. I believed they sparred lightly and Bruce was tagging him repeatedly. Gene asked Bruce, what would you do if I just sat down? Bruce said he would just walk away."

Source?

Springy Palm - What "Myths" are shattered there? It just sounds like they are trying to pimp Wing Chun by using Bruce's name. His background in Wing Chun wasn't even that terribly involved. He did train for like 5 years, but that wouldn't make him a master or anything.

And they use quotes out of context.

For example - WCD: "Bruce himself used to say that he was only a student and not an instructor."

Bruce Lee: "I'm not a master. I'm a student-master, meaning that I have the knowledge of a master and the expertise of a master, but I'm still learning. So I'm a student-master. I don't believe in the word 'master.' I consider the master as such when they close the casket."

Kung Fu people are a trip

Don't make Springy Palm mad, I bet he knows the "secret footwork" only taught to the select few deciples worthy of it's deadly power.

Sorry, just being an ass but I couldn't resist.

"This is true, although Bruce did not easily win the fight. As a matter of fact, he had to fight so hard, it made him go back and re-think some things and train harder, and revamp his style some more. He did win though."

according to wong jack mans account bruce cheated and was trying to jab him in the eyes and shit. bruce chased him around the room and took him down to the floor where he made wong verbally submit