Bruce Lee talking about MMA

double post =[

"according to wong jack mans account bruce cheated and was trying to jab him in the eyes and shit. bruce chased him around the room and took him down to the floor where he made wong verbally submit"

Sounds like a schooling to me

Judo Gene and Bruce have learned a lot from each other, and is one of the reasons why it is a privilege to be one of Gene's students.

Gene would never say "I owned so and so". Gene jokes a lot, and here's something from his website regarding Bruce, to get the full story go to Gene's website:

"When I got to the set Benny pointed Bruce out and told me to go put him in a headlock or something? Well, I'm a good employee and I always listen to the boss, so I went over to grab Bruce and he starts making all those crazy noises he became famous for. As a joke, I picked him up and put him on my shoulder in a fireman's carry kind of thing, then I ran down the length of the set and back again. Bruce says "put me down or I'll kill you". So I run down the set again and he says, "put me down" and I say "I can't put you down or you'll kill me".

ttt

Since i started to smoke weed, and enjoy the inherent meditation which comes with it, i can appreciate Bruces philosophies a lot more.

WOW

The dude was enlightened

enlightened he was...

I agree, Bruce Lee was way ahead of his time. His philosphies on training can be used by any martial artist today and in the future.

In an interview with Dan Inosanto, someone asked what BL would want his son to train in, and he said Bruce told him:

"Gymnastics, so he can learn to control HIS body, wrestling (or judo, I forgot), so he can learn to control his opponents body, and boxing."

He also said (taken from one of his books):

"Take for instance the boxer: he will probably criticize the fact the two fighters are too close to allow crispy punching room. On the other hand, the wrestler will complain that one of the fighters should crowd and smother the other's 'crispiness' and thus be close enough to apply grappling tactics. So a split second between the above two statements, the boxer could have switched into grappling tactics when there is no crispy punching room. The wrestler, when out of distance, could have kicked or punched as a means to bridge the gap for his specialty."

Sounds like a MMA blueprint to me.

CobraKaiMMA - "Anybody have any info on his training regimen?" Bruce wrote 4 books that describe some of his training methods. They are called "Bruce Lee's Fighting Method." There is Self-defence Techniques, Basic Training, Skill in Techniques, and Advanced Techniques. None of them are terribly in depth but they are a good resource to have at a glance.

WAAAAA!

LEGEND.

"Well that may be true, however the pracitcal upshot of his movies, in England at least, is that Judo classes pretty much halved over night, and submission wrestling almost ceased to exist, and every fucker went off to learn karate and kung fu. My old coach ofter talked about this."

Well, thing is he never lived long enough to fully realize both his movie and martial arts career. Remember the man died at 32 and dont forget about the era he lived in and the shit he had to go thru to get the things he got done.

"even better...he made him say matay...

Way to go Frankie!"

LOL, that was on this weekend.

^^mud spelled backwards

bruce leroy...