Bruce Lee talking MMA

sideeffect - Cool vid but shouldn't you be looking under your bed for The REEM?

LOL!!

<blockquote>Irony is it was Norris who introduced Bruce to jujitsu/judo. Read Chuck Norris 1988 autobio. Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris where among many of the Pioneer "MMA" types before the term was even popular.</blockquote>

In a newer Chuck book he talks about actually training with the Gracies in the early 80's while in Brazil! Someone posted an excerpt on another forum a while back, cool stuff...<br /><br />From what I remember Chuck was in Brazil touring/promoting and everyone kept saying he needs to check out these "Gracie Guys"..he did and iirc he rolled with Helio then the Brothers. That was Chuck's first taste of Gracie Jiu Jitsu..also when he met the Machado's and eventually started training with them...

strykr619 - 
thesleeper - He finished Chuck Norris with a standing Guillotine.

Irony is it was Norris who introduced Bruce to jujitsu/judo. Read Chuck Norris 1988 autobio. Talks about how they exchange concepts in fighting, what i found interesting was the fact that Chuck Norris pushed Bruce to look beyond gung fu/wing chun.... 

That's not the story I have heard.

I always heard it was Gene Lebell who first introduced Bruce to the grappling arts whiile Gene was working as a stuntman on 'The Green Hornet'.  That was five years prior to working with Norris on Way of the Dragon.

most of the credit as to who showed bruce grappling:

Wally Jay

Gene LeBell

Hayward Nishioka.

The only "missing" piece to the game that Bruce never added to his training was how the Gracie family grapples.

Free sparring or rolling was not a part of the training methods. BUT remember Bruce could give a shit about sport, he was ALL about the street fight.

Helio would not be down with the fact that Bruce would gouge his eyes out or bite the shit out of him.

word.

Bruce Lee is a true inspiration. A genuine article.

Interesting, just got finished watching his documentary on the History Chanel, Bruce Lee Changes The World.

he was pulling off armbars in Enter The Dragon, he's definitely a man that's changed people in all different aspects of life.

Music, Movies, Sports, Philosphy, Dancing, etc.

strykr619 - 
thesleeper - He finished Chuck Norris with a standing Guillotine.

Irony is it was Norris who introduced Bruce to jujitsu/judo. Read Chuck Norris 1988 autobio. Talks about how they exchange concepts in fighting, what i found interesting was the fact that Chuck Norris pushed Bruce to look beyond gung fu/wing chun....

Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris where among many of the Pioneer "MMA" types before the term was even popular.

Isn't the time period a little off there.
Maybe Norris introduced Lee to grappling/throwing arts (I don't know), but Lee had already come up Jeet Kune Do and the idea of mixing striking arts hadn't he - before he met Norris, Stone, Louis ?

2:14 anyone manage to see that second punch lol imagine fighting him never get to see his strikes coming only feel pain and see them leaving. o and to all you comparing Shane Carwin to Bruce Lee LMAO i bet Shane did'nt even see that second punch, and no disrespect to Shane Carwin i was really impressed with how you beat Mir i thoought he would have beaten you also I think you got what it takes to beat lesner cant wait to see that fight. Real MMA fans peace out Trolls fix up yourself

One of the true pioneers of martial arts,100% dedicated to improving the art of fighting without fighting ,using no way as a way.Pure martial art savant.The man will always be a legend in Martial arts.Way ahead of his time.

Well idk if the's exactly talking MMA but he's bruce lee. MMA fighters today should just be glad he's not around anymore. Cuz he'd be the champ of all champs. and Fedor would be Nothing!

Anderson Silva obviously copies bruce's movements.

I had an argument with my friend that does muay thai during the abu dhabi fight. I said he is way surpassed just ordinary muay thai and he didnt like that.

Its obvious though. Pacquiao is even influenced by bruce lees movements and mayweather has a similiar stance to the SPBK stance. Back hand to gaurd and front to jab.

Long live Bruce Lee.

also people who respect bruce lee:

Matt Serra, Nick Serra
John Dahner

Barry_BondsMVP - Interesting, just got finished watching his documentary on the History Chanel, Bruce Lee Changes The World.

he was pulling off armbars in Enter The Dragon, he's definitely a man that's changed people in all different aspects of life.

Music, Movies, Sports, Philosphy, Dancing, etc.

Thanks for mentioning that, just added that documentary to the Netflix que, can't wait.

Bruce Lee was one of a kind. Spectacular athlete with incredible speed, an artist, poet, actor. He had talent in everything.

"He's a shitty human being because he's a shitty human being."

Must have missed the memo. Any examples?

jave - 
CRE - Does Shane want to lose to Brock?

Stop making me like you, son of a GREAT LADY!!!

I think Anderson Silva does what Bruce Lee would have tried to an extent.

The way he pushes the limits of what is possible, that's why I will always appreciate Anderson Silva as a fighter, but as a human being he sucks.

Normally you make sense, this didn't make so much sense.

I think he is referring to the Cre curse and saying that he might pick Shane to win....DON'T DO IT CRE! We want Shane to win!

Ih8noobs - i heard bruce was a huge steroid user and that is why he had a heart attack at such a young age.

I heard he shot Heroin and Crack! but who knows its just stories....

The guy was still a visionary!

TrevorRice - also people who respect bruce lee:

Matt Serra, Nick Serra
John Dahner

Frank Shamrock and Bas Rutten are huge fans.

Even aside from martial arts, Bruce's life was remarkable. A real trailblazer, barrier breaker, a very progressive individual.