'Bruce Leeroy', Fukuda test positive at Fuel TV 8

I do not smoke weed, and at 37 years old, I feel confident when I say that I've smoked weed probably no more than 15-20 times in my life....more when I was younger. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but I guess the circle of friends I kept when I was younger just kept me just out of the mix because I had close friends that smoked everyday.

I understand that it's illegal in some states and federally it's illegal, but it's bullshit that the feds stick their nose in the states that legally allow it for medical use, and now if I understand correctly, Colorado has legalized it all together (no need for a medical recommendation).....I'm just not sure how it works there.

Anyway....being a non-pot smoker, this is starting to get ridiculous with the suspensions. As stated earlier, people are testing positive for metabolites, which is basically showing that you've smoked pot in the past month, but not during the competition, is that correct? Even though I don't smoke pot, I think it should be 100% legalized, especially since alcohol is legal. I can understand if a fighter is baked in the cage, maybe he doesn't feel the pain that much, maybe he's more flexible...but I still don't see it.

With that said....and I hate to say this, it's in the rules of the atheletic commision that you cannot have MJ metabolites in your system. With that said, you just have to prepare and be safe and stop smoking well over a month in advance to be sure. Until the athletic commisions allow it, you have to toe the company line if you want to fight. It sucks, but you just have to do it.

Hopefully one day they will change their minds. Phone Post

bekk46 - 

Sad that a win is going to be taken from caceres for smoking a joint 2 weeks before the fight. Phone Post

I agree that the stuff should be legal and that testing positive for metabolites when you're no longer affected by the stuff is rediculous BUT it IS a banned substance and these guys have an opportunity to make a ton of money in this career and they KNOW its a banned substance. I dont see the problem with not smoking until you retire or keep it to times you KNOW you're not going to test positive, like when rehabbing an injury or something. Its a stupid decision. Smoke after you've made your money.

Why, Why, why? Phone Post

Chris - 

It's great to see the UFC being vigilent in their overseas event when they don't  have, but want to keep the sport clean.

I agree however, sports have been doing this for years. The big knock on pro bodybuilding events was always that a few mid to low level guys would get busted for PR to give the public the idea that regulators were trying to keep the sport clean. In actuality the bigger stars were using and rarely got busted. Perhaps Fukuda was a patsy.

I can only go by what those in the know have told me. Clearly, I have never been a pro bodybuilder.

Heel Hooker - Doesn't matter if weed should be tested or not, the fact is they do test for it and any fighter who uses it knowing that it is tested for is an idiot.

So much this.

I think it's a bullshit rule and should be completely changed, but all these guys know it's banned and still do it. No one to blame but yourself. Phone Post

I think the whole rules are rules mantra is 100% applicable here. They all know how this works, and they know what substances can't be in their system come pee testing time.

However, I really believe the rules regarding marijuana metabolites need to be changed. The levels that produce a positive result make no sense.

A guy can smoke 3-4 weeks before the fight and test positive and possibly get fired. This literally has 0 effect on the fight.

If that same guy blew an 8-ball and drank a fifth of Jack Daniels that night, he would be totally free and clear.

Doesn't make sense.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Phone Post

micstar81 - Has marijuana testing gotten better in the past few years? It seems that a lot more people are getting caught now then at any other time.

That is my thought, test has gotten better but fighters are doing their routine that beats the old test. I say Diaz gets popped Phone Post

weed has to seriously be taken off the banned list. the only way weed could EVER do anything to your preformance, good or bad, would be if you toked up right before your fight.

You can argue weather weed should be legal until you turn blue, but that's not the point.

You seriously can't fucking stop smoking for a month? Are you kidding? It's not something that's keeping you alive. Give me a break I have no sympathy for these guys at all.

Bruce Leroy's idol Bruce Lee was a weed smoker. He shouldn't be penalized for emulating a martial arts legend yo.

Hopefully Bruce Leroy can get over his debilitating addiction to Cheetos. Good to see the powers that be tackling the real problems in this sport.

Rehab for pot????