Bruce Lee's reincarnation

https://youtu.be/BpGBBI7QQe8

Dam Son... little dudes kicks are razors

little guy has great technique. He will grow up to be a badass at this rate.

that kid has already far surpassed bruce

toelocku - https://youtu.be/BpGBBI7QQe8

jcblass - little guy has great technique. He will grow up to be a badass at this rate.
No doubt

Amazing but perhaps not entirely such a great idea. The best kids will also be doing BJJ. Though the kid is awesome for imitating BL, he may be thinking that means fighting ability.

If he's just thinking stage fighting, such as for movies, then cool, I'm sure this is similar to what Jackie Chan endured.

I'm a little worried about the extreme stretching. (That didn't turn out so well for me).

Good post, OP.

WidespreadPanic - 

Amazing but perhaps not entirely such a great idea. The best kids will also be doing BJJ. Though the kid is awesome for imitating BL, he may be thinking that means fighting ability.

If he's just thinking stage fighting, such as for movies, then cool, I'm sure this is similar to what Jackie Chan endured.

I'm a little worried about the extreme stretching. (That didn't turn out so well for me).

Good post, OP.

What do you mean by, "the best kids." He is like 5 years old, he is doing something he enjoys. I don't think "he" has any realistic expectation of "fighting ability" beyond fairy tales at his age anyway, so I am not sure what you mean. "That won't work in the cage BS" has no business here, the kid is 5.

It is like showing a clip of a badass kid dribbling a basketball, and saying, "the best kids are doing soccer"

Stupid.

Dajuisher -
toelocku - https://youtu.be/BpGBBI7QQe8

even he doesnt end up fighting pro....this kid will have a great career as an actor/stuntman for sure

Damn. That kid is nasty.

Probably just like sage was as a child 

Watching the way he arches his back as he's doing those handstands makes me very uncomfortable. 

jcblass - 
WidespreadPanic - 

Good post, OP.

What do you mean by, "the best kids." He is like 5 years old, he is doing something he enjoys. I don't think "he" has any realistic expectation of "fighting ability" beyond fairy tales at his age anyway, so I am not sure what you mean. "That won't work in the cage BS" has no business here, the kid is 5.

It is like showing a clip of a badass kid dribbling a basketball, and saying, "the best kids are doing soccer"

Stupid.

IOW, it's 2017 and here we have a kid just imitating BL. It's MA going backwards.

Yes. the kid has talent. I said the best kids will also be doing BJJ.

Extreme high kicking is just 'show', yet we still see it. It's as though people are still buying into the idea that sticking your leg in the air is worth all that much. OTOH kids now doing BJJ at 5 will be awesome as teenagers. Will it be showy, probably not so much outside of a grappling tournament.

Extreme forced flexibility on kids is, IMO, a bad idea.

If it's the kid's own idea, that's a different story.

Awesome! 

WidespreadPanic -

Good post, OP.

A lot of people don't realize the amount of pain it takes to get to that level of stretching this kid can accomplish.

Its easier for kids though. I understand your concern, but it's definitely easier for him to do it now rather than later.

WidespreadPanic -
jcblass - 
WidespreadPanic - 

Good post, OP.

Stupid.

IOW, it's 2017 and here we have a kid just imitating BL. It's MA going backwards.

Extreme high kicking is just 'show', yet we still see it. It's as though people are still buying into the idea that sticking your leg in the air is worth all that much. OTOH kids now doing BJJ at 5 will be awesome as teenagers. Will it be showy, probably not so much outside of a grappling tournament.

Getting that kind of flexibility is bad?

WidespreadPanic - 
jcblass - 
WidespreadPanic - 

Good post, OP.

Stupid.

You are assuming that he is imitating Bruce Lee because he believes that to be the best form of martial arts, and something that will make him a cage fighter in the future. You seem to want to project an adult's perspective onto a 5 year old. He isn't thinking about Cage Fighting, or the theoretical self-defense value of a "high kick." He, like many children, probably thinks Bruce Lee is "cool."

People's attempts to thrust their thoughts on "style" and "effectiveness" to this video is bordering on mental illness.

Again, it would be like watching a kid catch footballs at a really high level for his age making a lame statement like, "well good luck with those catches when you are 35 and suffer concussions from too many hits to the head, you should be playing soccer like the good kids."

It's pointless.

Ya but how is his takedown defense?

toelocku -
WidespreadPanic -
jcblass - 
WidespreadPanic - 

Good post, OP.

Stupid.

Getting that kind of flexibility is bad?

Having that kind of flexibility isn't bad, but getting there really, REALLY fucking hurts.

All he is saying is he isn't sure putting a kid through that is the right thing to do.

All I'm saying is it's probably easier for a kid to learn and maintain than doing it later in life. Kids are naturally more flexible than adults as a whole.

Lol I'm imagining that kid in some playground fight at elementary school and just annihilating some poor kid.  

awesome