Bryce Mitchell Anti Mask Speech...

If by no data, you means lots of data that is merely a Google search away, than you’re correct.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02801-8

I do. I know conservatives – old ones – who don’t want COVID. The data support that, too. Most Americans wear masks, way more than the just people on the left. Most Americans have been wearing masks since spring, the C.D.C. says. - The New York Times

I also know fighters who are on the left, but their job has essentially gotten them to give up on masks, since they’re in the gym all day without masks. I know some union guys who are similar.

There is no data that supports the notion that masking and lockdown policies were effective.

There are areas that are still strict lockdown/mask areas that are doing horribly. There are some doing well.

There are areas that never enforced strict lockdown/mask policies. There are some doing horribly and some doing well.

The shitty policies had no effect on the outcome. Quit sucking the corporate press cock. If the TV told you that shoving a magical 6 inch dildo in your ass would save people from COVID, you’d go buy a double donger.

2 Likes

100% correct Gennady

You might want to look up what straw man means. A comment about what it’s like to argue with a particular group isn’t a straw man even in the very slightest.

You said there was no data to support what I said about masks working. I responded with data showing that masks work. You then changed the goalposts and said that there isn’t a strong correlation between masking policies and covid rates. That’s a separate discussion.

Masks work. I provided the data.

I responded to your statement that a dramatic amount lives would have been saved if people wore masks. That is false, as areas where masks are strictly mandated have not shown a dramatic decrease in loss of life from the virus. The CDC reported that 85% of people infected with covid reported “always” or “often” wearing masks.

If they work to any degree that would influence the result of the pandemic, then those numbers would not be what they are. So your little assertion is demonstrably false. The only reason you’re saying a thing that makes no sense, is because a man in a suit told you what to think, and you nodded your head and accepted it. You haven’t applied one ounce of critical thought to this subject to attempt to form your own opinion on the data.

Okay, then pigeon holing, misrepresenting, the rhetorical device/method you used doesn’t matter.

You’re saying anti-maskers have nothing but ad-hominem attacks in mask discussions, and I’m saying you’re either being disingenuous or you’ve not talked to many anti-maskers.

Sheep.

I typically vote republican (didn’t vote for Trump though) and am pro-mask. They certainly help stop the spread of covid, and if you don’t believe that you’re a fucking idiot. It’s not perfect, won’t completely stop the spread of covid, but it does have an impact…if I put on bug spray and get bit by a mosquito, I don’t say “see! I told you this shit doesn’t fucking work!” and then refuse to wear bug spray for the rest of my life. If I put on sunblock and still get a sunburn, I don’t claim sunblock doesn’t work and refuse to wear it, while going out of my way to call anyone who wears sunblock a bunch of fucking sheep who are eating up the media propaganda…

I’ve never met anyone who truly doesn’t believe that masks slow the spread of covid. Most of the people that I know who refuse to wear one simply don’t believe covid is that serious, and don’t like being told what to do…and those people are insufferable. Wearing a mask is isn’t the fucking illuminati finding ways to control you…they said the same shit when the government “forced” us to wear seatbelts. It’s about safety, not mind control so they can come take our guns, raise our taxes, and ruin your life.

I’ve talked with people who think the cure has been worse than the virus, and that we would have been better off telling the people who are most at risk to stay at home, and let everyone else live their lives. I see their point, but I don’t think it would have been smooth sailing for these businesses/restaurants even if they were allowed to fill them to capacity.

There would have been many more cases, hospitalizations and deaths, and many people would have avoided those places anyway. I personally know someone who is pretty far right, wasn’t being careful, got Covid, and before getting tested was sure it wasn’t Covid…because there’s not nearly as many cases as the bullshit media wants you to believe…so while he was showing slight symptoms, he visited his 80 year old grandfather. A couple weeks later he was asked not to attend the funeral because the family was so pissed at him for being so careless and ultimately giving covid to his grandfather who died as a result.

I’m sure there are many, many more stories like this, and people who weren’t careful ended up impacting their family and now feel very differently about Covid. There would have been enough people who avoided these businesses anyway in my opinion…enough to cause many of them to close. I’m sure some could have stayed open though, but my point is…covid was going to fuck up the economy either way.

Also…there was a republican president, senate, and governor in many of the states…and somehow even in places like TX and FL who were hit pretty hard, it’s the democrats who are being blamed for the economy being fucked up. I’m a republican, and I can’t wrap my head around the mental gymnastics there. Nancy Pelosi didn’t shut down your BBQ joint in TX…and if she did, she’s a fucking magician.

FRAT: the old, I’m a _____, so I can completely shit on _____, and you know it must be genuine, because even as a _____ I’m saying this!

Do you wear a mask when you suck cock Mr. Lincoln Project?

This is literally not a provable a claim. Unless you have a time machine and can go back, reverse the policy in certain areas, record the results, then warp back to our current timeline and compare the outcomes, it’s probably best not to form an argument on a baseless claim such as this.

Here’s the thing: If there was anything in the data that we currently have that pointed toward even a slightly better outcome consistent in strict masking areas, versus areas that didn’t strictly mask up, you would be correct. I would be on your side because I’m actually interested following the data.

The truth is, there is not any consistent data showing that to be the case. The data is all over the board, with wildly different results in areas with wildly different policies.

How can any rational person see that, and come to any conclusion other than “It appears that masking and locking down has no dramatic effect on the outcomes.”? Texas has been unmasked for a month, why isn’t there a catastrophic overwhelming of all the hospitals? Why are numbers dropping? Why did Michigan with still strict masks and lockdowns experience a 300% surge in cases?

1 Like

I mean I won’t speak to the effectiveness in masks, imo there are a few significant examples and evidence to support the aid that masks give. (look at Japan and Thailand, they masked up as their main policy and they’re doing basically fine now.)

One thing I will comment on though is the reason cases in the USA are going down is simple, you guys have had a monumental vaccine surge, like the USA poured so much money into vaccinations, enough that even Fauci has said things are gonna be pretty much fine by May. You’re vaccinating about 1% of the population a day which is super impressive, so of course cases are going to get better.

Bunch of bitches making kids wear mask outside

1 Like

Big difference between whether masks work – I provided clear evidence that they do – and whether mask mandates work, especially in places that continue to allow indoor dining.

It’s the same difference as whether guns kill and whether gun control works.

How effective are masks when used improperly? What are the adverse effects?

How many people are wearing medical grade masks specifically designed to prevent microscopic particles from exiting or entering their airway? How often is that happening, as opposed to people carrying the same rotation of 2-3 masks that they stuff into a pocket and pull out to enter a store for 20 minutes, and only wash once a week or once a month?

How often are people touching their mask? You sanitize your hands but then you touch a door handle or someone’s desk, then yank your mask because it’s slipping off, now you’ve transferred all the germs and bacteria directly to the cloth thats strapped to your face, which you’ve been coughing and sneezing into and is covered in bits of saliva and snot.

How about when you have to use a public restroom? You waltz in there with a mask on, you get a nice whiff of the beef stew shits from the stall next to you, guess what? Shit particles stuck to that lovely mask for the rest of your say. That’s gotta be great for you!

99% of people do it improperly and most don’t even realize it. The whole practice is gross, ineffective and counterintuitive.

1 Like

It’s not counterintuitive to say that putting something over your nose and mouth will stop the spread of an airborne virus. It’s exactly as intuitive as saying wearing pants reduces the risk of sunburn.

But, of course, you’re deflecting. You said there was no data. I provided a ton of data. And, if there was any doubt that masks worked, you simply can look at this year’s flu numbers.

Wiggum also wears his mask in the car when he is by himself!

Masks worked so well that it had no effect on the outcome of covid whatsoever. Weird flex.

You’ve got some issues understanding correlation and causation.