Bryce On "Waste Of Time" Power Slap League

https://www.mmanews.com/news/bryce-mitchell-on-waste-of-time-power-slap-theyd-have-to-pay-mcgregor-money

It’s safe to say that the first season of the Power Slap League hasn’t exactly gone to plan for Dana White and company…

From fans, pundits, and fighters on the UFC roster to combat stars outside mixed martial arts and even medical professionals, the attempt to push slap fighting into mainstream sporting coverage has come under heavy scrutiny.

By and large, criticism has surrounded the obvious health issues prevalent in the activity, which, by design, totally eliminates any opportunity for the individuals competing to defend themselves.
With that in mind, the Power Slap League has received heavy attention from the medical community, with many pointing to inevitable concussions and instances of CTE.
But the negative response to the new creation has gone beyond prominent names like Ryan Garcia, Aljamain Sterling, and Dan Hardy speaking out against the activity.

Throughout the maiden season, viewership continued to decline, seemingly resulting in the finale being pulled from pay-per-view and TBS canning a second season. Perception about the show also wasn’t helped when it was alleged to have faked social media engagement.

And as the group of Power Slap detractors continues to grow, “Thug Nasty” has appeared to become a member.

Mitchell Names High Price To Try Slap Fighting

During a recent interview with Fanatics View, #11-ranked featherweight contender Bryce Mitchell was asked for his take on White’s new organization.
After giving a firm opinion on slap fighting, Mitchell suggested it would take something close to a Conor McGregor-adjacent purse for him to consider putting his hands behind his back and taking some slaps.

“It’s just a waste of time,” Mitchell said. “I mean, shoot, it’s crazy. I mean, they’d have to pay me like, fcking McGregor money to go do that sht, dude. If you pay me like, $10 million, (then) yeah, I’ll f*cking go slap happy, man.”
Given reports surrounding the pay offered to former UFC fighter Eric Spicely, which seemingly peaked at just $2,000 to show and $2,000 to win, it stands to reason that those who do tune in to the Power Slap League won’t be seeing an appearance from “Thug Nasty” in season two.

And by the sounds of things, Mitchell has a motto that many in the MMA community will no doubt get behind: less slaps, more twisters…
Mitchell can look for his second twister submission in the UFC when he returns to action at UFC 288 on May 6. After suffering the first defeat of his professional career last time out, the Arkansas native will be hoping to rebound at the expense of Jonathan Pearce.

2 Likes

Damn son. You know its bad when Bryce sounds more reasonable then Dana

4 Likes

stupidest fucking sport ever

3 Likes

Calling it a sport is just disrespecting sports.

2 Likes

Dana still living in 1950 (rightfully) thinking this is absolute unskilled labour. $4,000! All you have to do is fucking slap!

(Most) of the rest of us are living in 2023 where we realize moronic brain damage isn’t worth a few grand.

1 Like

lol i almost put it in quotations

1 Like