buddhist art/images

I'm wanting to put together a sleeve of buddhist artwork/chants in script and I was wondering if anyone might have or know of websites with images and the scripts. I'm trying to get plenty of the chants written out that way I can make sure it is done properly. I'm not sure, Mario, if you would have some websites that you might know of or maybe know of someone I could look into. I'm wanting a fat buddha, as I've heard skinny buddha is a big no no...fat buddha is more luck/prosperity and isn't looked down upon as a tattoo. Thanks, Jason.

hmm, not sure. Try google first, but let me see what I can find on this end.

isnt getting tattoed a no no

i have a Theravada buddha and i know several other people, this is the first ive heard about not getting that tattoed.

tgats a good question.

I know many Thai's that are covered with tattoos from head to toe. in fact the festival of wai kru the monks give tattoos of blessings and wards and spirit animals, monkey king, etc...

"I'm wanting a fat buddha, as I've heard skinny buddha is a big no no."

I don't know where you heard that, but "skinny buddhas" are the norm in most countries with a Theravada tradition--the fat buddha is a amalgamation of the a bodhisattva and a Chinese/Japanese luck god.

Skinny buddhas are tattooed all over folks from Burma, Thailand, Laos, etc, so I think you're safe. If you are a Buddhist, I don't think you have to worry about bad karma for tattooing the "wrong" type of buddha on you...and you should be even less concerned with what people will "look down on".

"isnt getting tattoed a no no
i have a Theravada buddha and i know several other people, this is the first ive heard about not getting that tattoed."

Check out Noah Levines site dharmapunx.com to see some of his full sleave tats ....sweet.