Buddy trying to sell me insurance /investment stuf

How do i politely decline without our friendship taking a hit? He’s made it clear through texts he needs business, and im good with where my $$ is now.

microbiologynerd -

How do i politely decline without our friendship taking a hit? He’s made it clear through texts he needs business, and im good with where my $$ is now.

Your last statement + you value the friendship 

3 Likes

primerica?

Offer him money for a BJ.

Ask him for a personal loan.

If hes a person who wouldnt be your friend just because you wouldnt give him money, then hes not a real friend. 

Tell him you're not interested right now, but you'll keep him in mind if you ever want to do something like that.

Then grab his wife's tits and give em a squeeze to repay yourself for his badgering you.  

2 Likes

shaqitup -
microbiologynerd -

Your last statement + you value the friendship 

This

Kirik Jr -

If hes a person who wouldnt be your friend just because you wouldnt give him money, then hes not a real friend. 

Tell him you're not interested right now, but you'll keep him in mind if you ever want to do something like that.

Then grab his wife's tits and give em a squeeze to repay yourself for his badgering you.  

Also this

Kirik Jr -

His wife does have epic boobs

I tell ppl straight up if you need money and I have it I'll give it to you, no loans, no "opportunities ", etc. I have only close friends now lol but no headaches. If they take my $$$ i let em know that I work my ass off for evry dollar so make that dollar last.

I will openly offer strangers and people I know going through a rough time work. 

3 Likes

microbiologynerd -

Just tell him you a comfortable with where you are with finances and that you would never want family or friends to be a part of it. But thanks for the offering but respectfully decline

2 Likes

rushinbear -
microbiologynerd -

Just tell him you a comfortable with where you are with finances and that you would never want family or friends to be a part of it. But thanks for the offering but respectfully decline

Did this, somehow i feel weird now... like if you go out with a chick a few times, are in to each other but havent fucked yet, then tell her you’re not in to her but still want to hang out.

tl;dr im  not fucking him

LOL had my brother in law call me(after being told not to) during a traffic jam with his supervisor on the phone, trying to ell me insurance/investment shit.

he was very new and trying hard but he was using the standard "messaging" as if I was a stranger, which was weird.

kept talking about "developing a relationship".

at one point I got irritated and blurted out "well Im your child's Godfather, so i dont think we really need to develop our relationship".

eventually I threw him off by offering to recomment his services to people I knew, but he unfortunately took that to mean Id hand over a 6t thousand person email contact list we've spent years building, which isnt happening.

Fuck his wife

Tell him you will only buy insurance from him if he sucks your dick 

Anytime someone pimps investment advisory/brokering services, I ask for their last 2 years of statements.  They need to prove to me that they can grow their own investments before they can touch my money.  I have lost a few 'friends' that way but if money is all they wanted, we were not friends to begin with,

I had a similar scenario come up a few months ago,  A 'friend' wanted me to be a private investor in his connoisseur marijuana company that was based in CA.  I participated in a Zoom meeting with the CEO and CFO and destroyed his presentation.  They had one product line and it was not unique, there growing strategy was primative, and the presentation was lack luster.....He won't talk to me now and I don't care.  He also wanted $100K minimum for the buy in.  We were not $100 friends..$100K no way.

"I don't mix my money & investments with my friends"

1 Like

He joined one of those pyramid schemes?

Is this a friend or an acquaintance?

Friend. Hes with northwestern, and responded back “no worries dude. No more busines talk.” And we were back on to other topics. Seems like its behind us now, hoping it is