buffalo meat

Anyone cook or eat buffalo meat?

I am interested in finding info on how it tastes,safe,quality stores or websites to buy it from,recipes,etc...

Thanks.

ive bought ground buffalo meat at a Weis supermarket at college, good tasting burgers,really lean

Like other game meat, it is very lean and wont have the antibiotics / steroids in it that farmed animals have (unless you are buying farmed buffalo of course).

And technically its "bison" unless you are in Africa. [/biology nerd]

As for the taste, I may have a weak sense of taste but i cant tell very much of a difference between most species of red meat.

We have buffalo burgers once a month. They taste similar to cow.  You should be able to get the meat at any grocery store.

Trader Joes has buffalo burgers

donnie -  You should be able to get the meat at any grocery store.

What grocery stores that you visit have it? I've never seen it in my area...

But then again, I live in NC, and things like pig hoof and chicken foot are seen regularly...

shrug

Wiggy - 
donnie -  You should be able to get the meat at any grocery store.

What grocery stores that you visit have it? I've never seen it in my area...

But then again, I live in NC, and things like pig hoof and chicken foot are seen regularly...

shrug

your missing out, from my off campus apartment in Kutztown,PA you could look at the big hill in the distance and see the Buffalo walking around there

Trader Joes has buffalo meat in the frozen section. It is grain fed(Not wild) w/o antibiotics. I read an article i found off of Google claiming that buffalo is cheaper to raise than cows. They're feed the same but not sure if they make any claims about the steroid/antibiotics.

Maybe cheaper to raise, but not as high a demand for it.

eat it almost everyday from northstarbison.com

grain fed = unfavorable fatty acid profile and increased risk of e coli

Yea Rahknee, when I read that it took me a minute to click. They pretty much eat the same crap as cows I'm guessing.

my wegmans always has it

Whole Foods has it but I am unsure which is the better choice - ground bison or grass fed beef - they are about the same price.

I love it! Burgers are great. Steaks are more "chewy"

excellent alternative beef source. ttt for buffalo(bison) becoming more popular