Bulimia.com: superheros with "realistic" bodies

No search function on app so sorry if posted before. Was gonna post this on geekground but know the entire OG would appreciate this.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6761320

Kind of Get what they're going for about raising awareness about eating disorders by showing this. But what the hell does it have to do with heroes being "realistic". Which for dudes is being a fat piece of shit And for women it's smaller boobs and a gut. Someone in the comments had a point and said why didn't these people go after real people like Kim K and Beyoncé who get shopped to shit.

What I don't get is why they said "realistic" instead of unhealthy average or something. How dare these fictional superheroes be fit and have muscles. The Batman, captain america and black widow pics are killing me lol. Totally realistic that these heroes be jiggly and can still do back flips off walls. Putting in hard work and being in exceptional shape is no longer realistic.

"Rather, our hope here is to show the extent to which superheroes' body types (as is the case with their super-human abilities) are fictional. Our hope is that when viewers see these superheroes visualized in such a manner that they can identify with, they may feel better about themselves and realize the futility of any comparison between themselves and the fictional universes of Marvel and DC comics"

Wash your eyes with cosplay from one of my favorites: abby dark star.
http://imgur.com/EYMKfh7 Phone Post 3.0

oh for fucks sake....

ITS A SUIT OF ARMOR YOU COLOSSAL DICKHEAD.

this article is dumb.

hehehe

It'd be okay for Jean Grey or Rouge or Storm to have pudge but what the fuck with Widow and Catwoman? They're just human. They'd go through crazy training that makes crossfit spazzouts look tame. Why would a girl who make a living diving into air vents and flipping through laser grids have a gunt? And Captain America is like a SEAL and Ranger and Delta all rolled into one, why would he not be yoked to the gills?

There are plenty of comic characters with "real" bodies. Solomon Grundy, Kingpin, Blob, Doop, this is just silly. Phone Post 3.0

Passive Jay -

oh for fucks sake....

ITS A SUIT OF ARMOR YOU COLOSSAL DICKHEAD.

this article is dumb.

How the fuck did I miss that. That's fucking hilarious.

Thanks for pointing that out. All iron man armors from now will have to fit today's standards and averages so no one is offended. Its the start of muscle shaming, Invest in Planet Fitness stock. The "realistic average" far outweigh the fit and healthy. Phone Post 3.0

Soup Nazi -

Still my favorite

Can't even look at it without laughing Phone Post 3.0

I'm not even sure how to comment but these were definitely drawn by someone with self esteem issues Phone Post 3.0

I like how they made Batman's jawline way smaller. What the fuck does his jaw have to do with it?

And yeah... Iron Man is a fucking robotic piece of machinery. That's so idiotically stupid, I just want to flay these fuckers.

C'mon blues. Least post the cosplay pic I linked at the end.

The woman's gifted and shits all over these realistic pics Phone Post 3.0