Bullying effects extend to adulthood

Children bullied in school may have more problems as adults

Bullying doesn’t end in the school yard, but casts a shadow across adulthood, when victims are far more likely to have emotional, behavioral, financial and health problems, a new study suggests.

More: http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-bullying-adults-20130818,0,1131499.story

didn't read right away but one thing comes to mind - are you going to let what happened to you in grade school/high school define you as an adult?

i was bullied. i had victim written all over me. it was terrible. high school was miserable and when I graduated ....

i moved away, put all that behind me, never let anyone take advantage of me ever again and began living the way I couldn't when I was a kid.

u could argue that many that let childhood bullying linger into adulthood are mental midgets.
some people have the intestinal fortitude to make their own lives better, whether they grew up in poverty, whether they failed at high school, but worked hard in early adulthood to re-enter education and then graduate university as a mature age student. or if u were a fat kid, it hasnt stopped thousands of fat kids from working hard to mould themselves into active and healthy (mentally and physically) adults.

everyone has opportunities, its up to them to create and take them.
but if ur a mental midget that continues to believe that they are worthless, then thats all u will be

Wait, momma's boys end up being bullied and grow up to be sissified adults?

Get out of here

WATER IS ALSO WET

Study doesn't mention they are also 86% more likely to become a cop as a means of compensating. Phone Post 3.0

juszczec - didn't read right away but one thing comes to mind - are you going to let what happened to you in grade school/high school define you as an adult?

i was bullied. i had victim written all over me. it was terrible. high school was miserable and when I graduated ....

i moved away, put all that behind me, never let anyone take advantage of me ever again and began living the way I couldn't when I was a kid.

That is the exact kind of thinking that doesn't do anything for anyone and only draws more lines. Hey, it's great that you got through what you did, but do you expect becuase you did, everyone must do the exact same? Everyone is different in the way they do things and certainly the way they handle things. You "made it". Great! Just don't require your actions and perseverance of others. Phone Post

DonFrye_Fan - 
juszczec - didn't read right away but one thing comes to mind - are you going to let what happened to you in grade school/high school define you as an adult?

That is the exact kind of thinking that doesn't do anything for anyone and only draws more lines. Hey, it's great that you got through what you did, but do you expect becuase you did, everyone must do the exact same? Everyone is different in the way they do things and certainly the way they handle things. You "made it". Great! Just don't require your actions and perseverance of others. Phone Post

don't require my actions and perseverance?

no, i don't expect anyone to act like i did. what i did worked form me. everyone else's mileage may vary.

but, how do you get anywhere without perseverance?

if you want something, keep trying till you make it happen.

Here come the armchair psychologists to tell people who were socially tormented in their formative social years that they are weak and pathetic. 

Where are all these Phds coming from? Phone Post

Can I still post?