burn with Kearns seminar in Conn 9/12

Elite Human performance will be hosting my MMA conditioning seminar

on 9/12 from 12-3 . Early reg ends on 9/9 for $89 which includes all 3 of MMA

conditioning DVD series. We have 8 spots left. If you sign up by the deadline you

will receive a 4th DVD , the MMA conditioning partner drills! That's 4 DVDs just for

attending the seminar.

contact Christian at 203 512 2703

or sign up online at www.burnwithkearns.com

best KK

ttt

Strength & Conditioning Seminar
with Kevin Kearns

Join us for the Strength and Conditioning Consultant and trainer of Elite Athletes, Coach Kevin Kearns
Seminar includes...

-Active Warm Up
-Core Strengthening
-Metabolic Conditioning
-Agility and Balance
Eating & Nutritional Guidance
-4 pack of Kevins best selling DVDS

Who has Coach Kearns had as clients?
Kurt Pellegrino , Din Thomas, Stephan Bonnar,
Marcus Davis, Alberto Crane, Daniel Gracie & Jorge Gurgel

Saturday, September 12th, 12 noon to 3pm
Early Registration $89 Day of $99
EVERYONE WHO REGISTERS ALSO RECEIVES FREE
4 OF KEVIN'S MMA TRAINING DVDS!
"Gas in the Tank", "Explosive Power" "Strength and Hypertrophy" & "Partner Drills" WOW!
Call now for early registration! 203 512 2703

Kevin Kearns Seminar@
Elite Human performance
30 germantown rd suite#8
danbury , Conn 06810

That's weird...I thought your first and most influential MMA client was Kenny Florian. I'd expect him in that list. He basically put you on the MMA, no? Not starting any BS, just an observation.

What do you know? A Kevin Kearns post promoting a certification or seminar.

Now there is something you never see from mixedmartialarts.com's 'official S&C consultant'...

LOL

Wiggy I am usually a fan of you on this forum but if you don't like the guy why read and post on his thread?

Wiggy - What do you know? A Kevin Kearns post promoting a certification or seminar.

Now there is something you never see from mixedmartialarts.com's 'official S&C consultant'...

LOL

I have to say this post comes across a bit bitter. You have an excellent rep here on the board but just comes across that way. I like Kearns approach with other S&C coaches; he is more often very complimentary and says he can learn from anyone of them.

tysaw: Kearns is just being respectful of Kenny's wishes, Kenny changed his team pretty drastically recently and it's my understanding he does not want the former team to use his name. Kenny is a great dude and has every right to ask such and those involved should respect that and that’s really all Kearns is doing.

JDolo: Its not my place to reveal who else is also gone from Kenny's camp. Kenny's brother Keith is a friend of mine, trains me and we are in business together so I again, feel like its not my place to get detailed but I think the general public will know soon.

One&Done - 
Wiggy - What do you know? A Kevin Kearns post promoting a certification or seminar.

LOL

I have to say this post comes across a bit bitter. You have an excellent rep here on the board but just comes across that way. I like Kearns approach with other S&C coaches; he is more often very complimentary and says he can learn from anyone of them.

I'm sure Kevin is a great guy to know. I've not read a whole lot on his S&C methods, so I won't comment there.

However, the fact remains that the only time he ever seems to show up here is when he posts advertisements for his seminars, certs, etc.

Now, I have no problem with somebody coming on here and doing a little shameless self-promotion (as long as it's within reason, of course). We all have bills to pay, and this is a good place to get the word out. Nothing wrong with that.

But I can honestly say that I've never seen Kevin make a single post here that was just for the sake of information - answering a question, contributing to a discussion, presenting a sample program, or anything else. All I've ever seen him do is post advertisements.

I've been on this forum a long time - and so have a few others here. There aren't many of us old-timers left. And those of us that have been here a long time (i.e. - those that were here during the submissionfighting.com days or even back when this place was originally mixedmartialarts.com - before the switch back to it from mma.tv) have given an absolute shit-ton of info here for free.

If we can take the time to make this forum what it's been over the years (and I think it's one of the better S&C resources on the internet), then somebody who wants to post ads every time he holds a seminar or cert should be willing to do the same thing.

(Esp if he's supposed to be the 'official S&C consultant to mixedmartialarts.com'. Business decision or not, there were a few people pissed at that one. You can believe that.)

And we've got people from all types of environment here posting, be it 'regular guys' like me and Scrapper, to guys who train people in big gyms like Taku, to Xfit folks like RingGirl, pro fighters like Leigh, to KBers like 4Ranges, to those who coach other pro fighters like Joel (8weeksout), to loads of others I'm forgetting. Not to mention the many really good posters we've had over the years who don't post here any longer.

Anybody reading this can get pissed, think I come across bitter, agree with LeftBench that if I don't like a thread, that I just shouldn't post, or whatever, but as far as I'm concerned, bottom line is this:

If you want to come on here, contribute, and help make this a better place (which a lot of people do every freakin' day), then that's awesome. If all you wanna do is come on here to pimp your own products, certs, seminars, or whatever, when you make no contributions of any real value, then I don't have a whole lot of respect for it. Especially when you're supposed to be affiliated with the site like Kevin is. I won't speak for others on this board, but I know it would be a great bullet point in my own marketing to say I was the 'official S&C consultant to mixedmartialarts.com'. And I'd imagine it'd help out many others, too.

Wiggy - 
One&Done - 

LOL

I'm sure Kevin is a great guy to know. I've not read a whole lot on his S&C methods, so I won't comment there.

However, the fact remains that the only time he ever seems to show up here is when he posts advertisements for his seminars, certs, etc.

Now, I have no problem with somebody coming on here and doing a little shameless self-promotion (as long as it's within reason, of course). We all have bills to pay, and this is a good place to get the word out. Nothing wrong with that.

But I can honestly say that I've never seen Kevin make a single post here that was just for the sake of information - answering a question, contributing to a discussion, presenting a sample program, or anything else. All I've ever seen him do is post advertisements.

I've been on this forum a long time - and so have a few others here. There aren't many of us old-timers left. And those of us that have been here a long time (i.e. - those that were here during the submissionfighting.com days or even back when this place was originally mixedmartialarts.com - before the switch back to it from mma.tv) have given an absolute shit-ton of info here for free.

If we can take the time to make this forum what it's been over the years (and I think it's one of the better S&C resources on the internet), then somebody who wants to post ads every time he holds a seminar or cert should be willing to do the same thing.

(Esp if he's supposed to be the 'official S&C consultant to mixedmartialarts.com'. Business decision or not, there were a few people pissed at that one. You can believe that.)

And we've got people from all types of environment here posting, be it 'regular guys' like me and Scrapper, to guys who train people in big gyms like Taku, to Xfit folks like RingGirl, pro fighters like Leigh, to KBers like 4Ranges, to those who coach other pro fighters like Joel (8weeksout), to loads of others I'm forgetting. Not to mention the many really good posters we've had over the years who don't post here any longer.

Anybody reading this can get pissed, think I come across bitter, agree with LeftBench that if I don't like a thread, that I just shouldn't post, or whatever, but as far as I'm concerned, bottom line is this:

If you want to come on here, contribute, and help make this a better place (which a lot of people do every freakin' day), then that's awesome. If all you wanna do is come on here to pimp your own products, certs, seminars, or whatever, when you make no contributions of any real value, then I don't have a whole lot of respect for it. Especially when you're supposed to be affiliated with the site like Kevin is. I won't speak for others on this board, but I know it would be a great bullet point in my own marketing to say I was the 'official S&C consultant to mixedmartialarts.com'. And I'd imagine it'd help out many others, too.

Point well taken Wiggy, I get where you are coming from. I think for some of us who are close to him personally we may be guilty of getting over sensitive because he is such a nice person who is very complementary to his contemporaries; I mean heck he has said very kind words about your work on a couple of occasions.

One&Done,

Thanks. I don't mean anything against Kevin personally. I'm sure he's a great guy. And I don't fault the guy for trying to make a living. I'm sure he does better than I do, LOL.

Hell, if Kevin just made normal contributions on here now and again, I could care less about his cert/seminar posts. But the fact remains that I've never seen him make a normal contribution.

And like I say, I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. When he and Kirik (or whoever it was) struck the deal for him to be the 'official' S&C consultant here, it really rubbed a lot of people here the wrong way. I know b/c several folks contacted me about it.

(Though this is more about the 'powers at be' here at the UG, rather than Kevin, though.)

Tell Kevin to take some time and participate here some. I know the people here would appreciate it. I know Kevin is a busy guy, but that was kinda the point I was trying to make above - plenty of other very busy people make it a point to contribute to this forum. I'm sure Kevin could, too.

shrug

Wiggy - One&Done,

Thanks. I don't mean anything against Kevin personally. I'm sure he's a great guy. And I don't fault the guy for trying to make a living. I'm sure he does better than I do, LOL.

Hell, if Kevin just made normal contributions on here now and again, I could care less about his cert/seminar posts. But the fact remains that I've never seen him make a normal contribution.

And like I say, I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. When he and Kirik (or whoever it was) struck the deal for him to be the 'official' S&C consultant here, it really rubbed a lot of people here the wrong way. I know b/c several folks contacted me about it.

(Though this is more about the 'powers at be' here at the UG, rather than Kevin, though.)

Tell Kevin to take some time and participate here some. I know the people here would appreciate it. I know Kevin is a busy guy, but that was kinda the point I was trying to make above - plenty of other very busy people make it a point to contribute to this forum. I'm sure Kevin could, too.

shrug

I think its a tough situation in some ways because not many s&c coaches would say no to Kirik's offer but in the end whomever got chosen is likely to have any of their post picked apart. I am not saying that excuses having to do so but I am sure that's somewhere in the back of Kevin's mind. I have his ear as I am certified under him and a close friend so I have no problem with saying something to him. I and a few others are actually trying to lighten his workload by taking over some of his commitments so more time is at least on the horizon for him. Its just tough because we have full time other jobs and can only take so much.
I have seen other posters seem upset or miffed at Kearns getting mentioned on UFC tv quite a bit but the bottom line is the UFC top brass just flat out like him because he's a hell of a guy to sit and have a conversation with and he's even more fun to get worked out by, that's why Lorenzo and company often use him for their workouts.
The bottom line is their are very few trainers I have met who will admit someone Else's stuff is good and he does it on a regular basis and I think a lot of people end up liking him because he is like that.
I will definitely speak with him though, tonight or tomorrow and I am sure he will probably agree actually.

One&Done,

I hear you. Like I said - I don't fault the man for making a living. And I could care less for getting mentioned on TV. Hell, if I could, I know I'd sure go for it! LOL.

And like I said, I'm sure Kevin's a great guy and his material is great.

I just don't appreciate the fact that the only time he seems to show up here is to post ads. And honestly, I'm not the only one here who feels that way. I've had several off-line discussions with forum members about the same thing.

Re the deal between him and Kirik, I don't fault him for that, either. Like being mentioned on TV, if I could put a deal together like that, I would too. It was just kinda looked at as a slap in the face by me and several other long-time members of this forum who've contributed A LOT here for free over the years - and have businesses to run and could also benefit from the marketing associated with such a deal - to be passed over for somebody who has arguably never contributed anything here.

Now that's more a beef with the powers-at-be here (esp when some of us have tried to put business deals together w/said powers-at-be here with little to no success) than w/Kevin, but I'm sure you get my gist.

I'd like it if Kevin posted here, as I'm sure would others. The more good coaches and minds we can get posting here - even if intermittently - the better, IMO. You can never have too much knowledge in one place.

Thanks for the thoughtful discussion.

Wiggy - One&Done,

I hear you. Like I said - I don't fault the man for making a living. And I could care less for getting mentioned on TV. Hell, if I could, I know I'd sure go for it! LOL.

And like I said, I'm sure Kevin's a great guy and his material is great.

I just don't appreciate the fact that the only time he seems to show up here is to post ads. And honestly, I'm not the only one here who feels that way. I've had several off-line discussions with forum members about the same thing.

Re the deal between him and Kirik, I don't fault him for that, either. Like being mentioned on TV, if I could put a deal together like that, I would too. It was just kinda looked at as a slap in the face by me and several other long-time members of this forum who've contributed A LOT here for free over the years - and have businesses to run and could also benefit from the marketing associated with such a deal - to be passed over for somebody who has arguably never contributed anything here.

Now that's more a beef with the powers-at-be here (esp when some of us have tried to put business deals together w/said powers-at-be here with little to no success) than w/Kevin, but I'm sure you get my gist.

I'd like it if Kevin posted here, as I'm sure would others. The more good coaches and minds we can get posting here - even if intermittently - the better, IMO. You can never have too much knowledge in one place.

Thanks for the thoughtful discussion.

I definitely get your gist Wiggy and actually quite understand where you are coming from in all this. I too appreciate the mature well thought out way you posted here, it made a late night at the office a bit less aggravating, haha

To all the gang!
I appreciate all the comments here. Wiggy you are absolutely right , I do need

to post here more often. I will work to do that more often. We have been super busy in

my organization over the past year. I am actually having a hard time keeping up to be

honest. I appreciate all your guys posts to help everyone out with there programming etc.

I may not be on the boards that often, only because I'm not a huge email , text etc fan.

I am old school. My friends who know me , know me as a phone guy and face to face.

Personally I think it's very important in today's business climate to pick up the phone and

talk with someone. I don't know about you all but when I call my mortgage company and

have to press 16 buttons to get customer service !!! To me that is a joke.

So anyone of the other coaches on this board want to work together hit me up please at

800-516-3227 or kevin@burnwithkearns.com . There is enough to go around.

Here's a concept I learned from my mentor Tim Barchard

" The rising tide raises all boats."

If you have an idea and I have an idea , we each have 1 idea.

together we have 2 ideas, imagine the possibilities we have more people working together !!

You want to hate me , go ahead , waste your energy and your time on the negative.

I'm moving forward and up ! anyone want to join me?

Best to all
KK

Good posts by both Wiggy and Kearns.

LeftBench - Good posts by both Wiggy and Kearns.

LeftBench has it right, nice post guys. Two class acts.