As the former UFC event coordinator, Burt Watson has seen it all. A beloved figure among fighters past and present, he can tell stories nobody else can. What can we say? He’s a legend.
That’s why he’s got this show, “Legend 2 Legend,” an MMA Junkie feature where Burt and another legend shoot the breeze and peel back the curtain – at least just a little bit.
In Episode 6, Burt sits down with UFC Hall of Famer and former middleweight champion Michael Bisping as they discuss:
- His beginning in mixed martial arts and how he wanted to obtain a better life for his family through fighting
- Becoming the first British champ in UFC history and what it meant to him and his family
- The decision to move to middleweight and his approach to weight cutting
- How trash talking came naturally to him and why he leaned into it
- His devastating UFC 100 knockout loss to Dan Henderson and how that fight re-focused his career
- The eye injury suffered in a loss to Vitor Belfort that almost cost him his career
- The memorable build-up to his fight with Anderson Silva and coming out victorious
- His monumental UFC 199 title upset over Luke Rockhold