Bushido: japanese vs world cans?

It seemed like it was total ownage by the japanese in the bushido events?

well the Japanese have been owning for awhile now..

the days of Yoshiaki Yatsu, Alexander Otsuka, Daijiro Matsui, Takayama, Giant Ochiai are OVER!

Pride is now showcasing Japanese fighters in their natural weight classes 185 and under, and they have proved to be the best or among the best in the world at these weights.

Look how easily Aoki handled Jason Black (whom everybody was hyping)

The new cans are not Japanese they are foreigners, the Giant Silva's, Butterbeans, David Baron, Predator, Henry Miller, Ron Waterman etc. etc.

"Look at minowa. People say he is top 10 because he beats Butterbean and Giant Silva..come on now lol "

laugh all you want but Minowa at 185 handled Giant Silva better than heath herring as a heavy.

"And that makes him top 10? Ok "

That doesn't make him top 10. I think Minowa is borderline top 10. He will never be good enough to be a contender for a belt but he's a solid fighter that will give anybody a good run. He's kinda like Jeremy Horn.

the only legit win that puts him in the top 10 ranking is his win over Baroni.

Minowa is not top 10.. He's just a gatekeeper for Pride, that is all.

And LOL @ all these people riding Franklin's jock strap. He's one solid striker away from going to sleep. He's been dropped in every one of his fights.

I don't know if Anderson Silva is the guy to do it, because IMO, he's overrated as well, but sooner or later, someone's going to catch Franklin in that glass chin and it's going to be good night teacher.

Minowa is not Japan's main MW talent.

Misaki, Sakuraba, Gono, Kondo are more legitimate.

Misaki is definitely top 3-5 right now and Gono is top 10 easily.

Most of the top Japanese LHW guys like Nakamura, Yoshida etc. should actually be fighting at 185.

always wondered why the pride guys kept putting japanese fighters against guys who outweighed them by 20-50 ibs.

FINALLY some pride exec gets it and decides to let jap fighter fight in their NATURAL weight classes.

"And LOL @ all these people riding Franklin's jock strap. He's one solid striker away from going to sleep. He's been dropped in every one of his fights.
I don't know if Anderson Silva is the guy to do it, because IMO, he's overrated as well"

lol, so if Franklin and Silva are over-rated, who is good at 185? Henderson just got handily outfought by a guy outside the top 10.

Japanese fighters should stay at their natural weight.

"lol, so if Franklin and Silva are over-rated, who is good at 185? Henderson just got handily outfought by a guy outside the top 10."

the guy who beat him (misaki?) also beat baroni convinvingly, so I would rank him quite high.

LOL @ Misaki being outside the top ten, who are the 10 would you put ahead of him?

David Baron is NOT a can

"LOL @ Misaki being outside the top ten, who are the 10 would you put ahead of him? "

Lol @ orcus' delusional comments.

misaki is the linear #1 for those that ranked at hendo at #1.

Realistically he is top 3-5 right now. He was very competitive with Hendo the first time showing that the 2nd fight was no fluke.

What cans did the Japanese fighters face?

Akihiro Gono faced Gerard Mousasi who was 13-1 before fighting Gono and had beaten Judo Gold Medalist Makoto Takimoto by TKO to get the right to advance in the tournament.

Kazuo Misaki fought Pride MW champ Dan Henderson

Mitsuhiro Ishida fought Chute Boxe BJJ trainer Cristiano Marcello who was a very well decorated BJJ blackbelt and 2-1 in MMA )with a win over Bushido vet Jadson Costa) before fighting Ishida.

Minowa DID fight a can in Butterbean, obviously

Gomi fought a return match to build his confidence, every good organization does that.

Ryo Chonan fought Paulo Filho, who we all know is no can

Nobuhiro Obiya fought Gilbert Melendez

Hayato Sakurai fought Luciano Azevedo who had wins over Din Thomas and Rodrigo Damm

Kawajiri fought Chris Brennan, no explanation needed

Shinobu,

Don't take the initial post so serously.

I think rycher was trying to give UGers a taste of their own medicine when they labeled good Japanese fighters like Misaki, Kondo etc. as cans.

Ah I gotcha

damn I really fell for it

lol

I also forgot to mention Jeff Curran as well btw.