Butt hurt over the Ishihara/Hirota fight?

I'm not really sure I understand why I'm seeing articles on the internet and even after the actual fight, that seems to me people are upset over the road to japan draw.

I thought this was a great fight and both guys deserve to be in the ufc. They both put on a war in what we've seen to have fighters play it safe to get that contract.

Neither fighter should be ashamed of their performance and I don't think the fans should be either. Phone Post 3.0

I may have missed the threads, but I haven't seen a whole lot of anything regarding the outcome of that fight. Draw was a fine outcome as far as I was concerned, it was a fantastic fight.

If I had to choose a winner however I would have given the nod to Hirota.

My ears were ringing, sorry... Phone Post 3.0

I thought Hirota won, but don't think either of them will have much success in the UFC. Phone Post 3.0

Ishihara won in my opinion. I think that Hirota was more competitive in the second round clouded people's vision because he was very far outstruck and dominated in the first.

I think the second round was relatively close but Ishihara was still the more effective fighter. He outstruck him with power, dropped him another 2 times but because Hirota outvolumed him a little bit and it was such a large contrast to his performance in the first, people wanted to give it to him just for the effort.

I think that is a big problem with scoring by fans and judges. How many times do you see a guy lose a round badly, clearly lose the second, then badly lose the third and it's scored 29-28? Way too often. This was a case of that in my opinion. I was taken aback when I saw anyone score the 2nd for Hirota.

A draw seemed like a fair call to me. It was a very close fight. Phone Post 3.0

Ishihara won R1 clearly
Hirota came back in R2.
IIRC, R3 was pretty close.

Ishihara dropped Hirota about 6-7 maybe 8 times in that fight. I thought the fight was clearly his. Phone Post 3.0

Good job judges. Would love to see more draws. Phone Post 3.0

I'm still upset at the blatant robbery of Wicky. Yashabo shouldn't have even been in that fight. Phone Post 3.0

Hate420 - Ishihara dropped Hirota about 6-7 maybe 8 times in that fight. I thought the fight was clearly his. Phone Post 3.0
Everybody else though Hirota won. Everybody I was around and every play by play I've read. If you get a flash knockdown on somebody within the first 20 seconds of a round, then you get clearly beaten for the next 4 1/2 minutes, you don't win that round. Phone Post 3.0

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
Hate420 - Ishihara dropped Hirota about 6-7 maybe 8 times in that fight. I thought the fight was clearly his. Phone Post 3.0
Everybody else though Hirota won. Everybody I was around and every play by play I've read. If you get a flash knockdown on somebody within the first 20 seconds of a round, then you get clearly beaten for the next 4 1/2 minutes, you don't win that round. Phone Post 3.0
Was he clearly beaten after that though? I remember a pretty damn competitive stand up fight with Hirota hitting the deck quite a few times. Phone Post 3.0

Should of been a Round 4. Someone messed up. Phone Post 3.0

Hate420 -
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
Was he clearly beaten after that though? I remember a pretty damn competitive stand up fight with Hirota hitting the deck quite a few times. Phone Post 3.0
Hirota was pretty dominant after the knockdown in the 3rd. Yashabo was gassed after that explosion. Phone Post 3.0

Should have been a round 4 someone didn't read the TUF rules

I'm only butt hurt that they weren't given a PON bonus. That was a fun, action packed fight, and they both came to win. I was thoroughly entertained. I actually was pleased with the draw, because I didn't think either deserved to lose.

Yeah I think the bigger robbery was ishi vs wicky Phone Post 3.0

WuDaddy - Yeah I think the bigger robbery was ishi vs wicky Phone Post 3.0
By far. Phone Post 3.0