Butterbean Fighting in MMA

More than your average 350lbs tub of lard, yes.
Most guys his size just sit and eat bacon. BB at
least fights and trains.

Butterbean has limited skills but very good punching power; he destroyed McNeely in one round and went the distance with an ancient Larry Holmes. McNeely, at the very least, is a pretty good bum beater and his record is impressive against tomato cans. Holmes, as advanced as he is in age, would still beat the average club fighter in short order so the fact that Butterbean went the distance with him proves that he has a good chin and enough power to make Holmes respect him (I think he actually rocked Holmes several times as well). Butterbean would not be competitive with even a top 20 fighter, but he is still pretty kickass compared to the average ham and egger.

He is good enough that I think he will knock out Sudo, (a man who is literally half of his mass) regardless of how good a striker Sudo is, if they go toe to toe. I'm sure Sudo could win in a grappling match however, unless Bean has some grappling ability that I don't know about.

It's a bizarre match up, but I think it will sell very well.

BB has good power, but that is it. I have seen fights of his where he averaged 3 punches a round THROWN, not landed. Anyone could go the distance with that level of output. If you dont' stand in front of him, he can't hurt you.

" yes. He's top 10 in the world in kickboxing at that weight"

You can't be serious? He's 1-3 in K-1 MAX and the only reason he has gone the distance with Masato and Kraus is because he runs the whole fight instead of fighting. Sudo is awesome in MMA, but he will NEVER beat a good kickboxer under kickboxing rules. Like Kraus said: He's an entertainer, not a kickboxer.
That said, I think he'll beat BB by sub.

I was serious actually. 3 losses doesn't mean he's not top 10, if those 3 were against top guys. Gong is dead, Ludwig is ahead of Sudo, obviously, but I'd still put Genki in the top 10. I could be wrong, of course.

Not trying to be confrontational or anything, but who do you see as the top 10 at that weight?

My top 10 would look something like this:

Masato

Zambidis

Kraus

Farid Villaume

Wayne Parr

Gago "Drago" Aroetjan

Malaipet

Van Venrooij

Souwer

Chapman

Honorable mentions: Jomhod, Ludwig, Dawson, Laursen, Dede.

It's really hard to determine the top 10 155 lbs kickboxers, because they often fight in different organisations, with different rules (muay thai vs K-1 rules) and the fact that there are so many guys in that weight that could beat each other on any given night, but I think my list is pretty accurate. I didn't rank fighters who usually fight at over 155, even though some could probably make the weight.

I would not put Sudo in the top 20 until he actually beats a decent opponent. He can give anybody a tough time due to his awkward style, but I don't see him beating any of the guys I mentioned. He simply doesn't have any (serious)offense aside from his spinning backfist. Sudo is an amazing grappler and I think it's great he's done as well as he did in K-1, but I think he should stick to MMA.

so where would you put Gong if he was still alive? Cause Duane beat him in the eyes of many

Well, to be honest I've never seen Gong fight. I'm from Holland and I can't follow the US muay thai scene as well as I'd like. I have heard good things about him, though. Where would you put him?