Buvaisar Saitiev in M-1 Fighter Reality Show (Vid)

Recent reality show excerpt with Buvaisar Saitiev (starts at 2:00 min mark).

Basically, they asked Saitiev to show them some wrestling techniques.

For those who don't know, B. Saitiev is widely considered one of the best free wrestlers ever:

- 3x Olympic Champion
- 6x World Champion
- 6x European Champion
- 5x Russian Champion

He says MMA is a great but a young sport.

For the wrestling, he says some interesting things on:
- head position
- the way one should sprawl: e.g. not going up and then down, but very fast straight down essentially he says, breaking the grip with the power of the sprawl.
- double leg takedowns and defense, etc (not to raise your butt above the shoulders).

At 6:15 or so, he talks about the importance of head position when going for a high crotch or a double, and how crucial that is for the takedown.

They all look and sound really excited to be getting basically the best wrestling experience one could ask for..........

Canario, I assume you are being sarcastic :)

I have to say these kids looked to me a little un-appreciative. I think one of them even said: this is nothing new, but good to see a new angle or something :)

tt

Sub Phone Post

ttt

That's like having Dan Gable at the TUF show. He is poetry to watch. Those subs he did at the end seemed effortless, as if he's done it 1000 times. It's amazing how much more well-rounded the Russian grapplers are. Judo,Sambo, or varies of wrestling, they've had experience with everything.

nowaydo - That's like having Dan Gable at the TUF show. He is poetry to watch. Those subs he did at the end seemed effortless, as if he's done it 1000 times. It's amazing how much more well-rounded the Russian grapplers are. Judo,Sambo, or varies of wrestling, they've had experience with everything.

No, it's like having John Smith on TUF, if he won a few more world titles.