Buy Oil Stocks now?

Now that prices are low and likely to creep back up....

Buy now? Phone Post 3.0

Pick up some Pacific Coast Oil Trust.

Look up their name at The Motley Fool (fool.com). They do a great write up on them and why they are a good buy and fairly secure given their 20+ years of oil supply and other wells not tapped yet to keep costs low and dividends high. Phone Post 3.0

In Phone Post 3.0

Sub Phone Post 3.0

I shifted some of the IRA into $VGENX (energy mutual fund). Seems like a good longterm trade. Be prepared to take some lumps along the way.

yes it's not going to go lower than 45 per barrel

In Phone Post 3.0

Yes Phone Post 3.0

From my research, from asking the same question as the OP. I get advice to invest in companies I have never heard of for reasons that I cant really verify. Phone Post 3.0

It seems like the north American production has pulled back because they cant make a profit on oil at the market price.

Who knows why the market is the way it is. But one thing is for SURE, Russia is hurting right now. Russia, like the US/Canada oil, is harder to get. They cant profit at the market price.

The middle east has been working huge fucking wells for a long time, so their cost is low. Other players can produce and profit from oil at the market price.

This is a power and manipulation at its best. Phone Post 3.0

Inspector Lunge - 
wormiwalkinstik - From my research, from asking the same question as the OP. I get advice to invest in companies I have never heard of for reasons that I cant really verify. Phone Post 3.0

My friend's cousin's coworker's brother-in-law became a millionaire with this investment strategy.

If you don't have the time/expertise you may want to look into low cost, actively managed funds. It's safer and you let the smart people pick the companies.

Or you can roll the dice on stock picks. I've done both. The problem with taking stock advice (even from an expert) is you rarely know the right time to sell. You have to know that target sell price or at least have a game plan as new information comes in. If you're not doing the day-to-day work, it's basically gambling.

Inspector Lunge -
wormiwalkinstik - From my research, from asking the same question as the OP. I get advice to invest in companies I have never heard of for reasons that I cant really verify. Phone Post 3.0

My friend's cousin's coworker's brother-in-law became a millionaire with this investment strategy.
Ok, then Im all in Phone Post 3.0

wormiwalkinstik -
Inspector Lunge -

Ok, then Im all in Phone Post 3.0
Btt Phone Post 3.0

I made some decent $ on Oasis Petroleum when it dropped. I sold after the dead cat bounce. If it checks back again I might get back in there. It's at $17 now, one would think it would eventually find its way back to the 30s but it's so volatile right now it's pretty hard to predict.

As someone said - it's basically gambling. Phone Post

Do you think you see an inefficiency that thousands of equity analysts haven't seen? The market price reflects the collective input of all their research. Markowitz disapproves. Phone Post 3.0

Warren Buffet just dumped all of his XOM

Buffett Exits $3.7 Billion Investment in Exxon (XOM) Stock

NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Exxon Mobil Corp. (XOM - Get Report) are down 1.47% to $91.68 in early trading this morning after it was reported that Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) exited a $3.7 billion investment in the energy company as oil prices decline, according to Bloomberg.

I invested a "small" amount of money in two Oil companies here in Australia over the past week. One's gone up about 4% and one's gone down about 4%.

Now that I've seen oil prices went down 4% last night. I might see if I can sell the one Im making $ on around opening time Monday (provided it doesnt open at a lower price, which it prolly will if this keeps up).

If I can sell it, I might rebuy some stocks a bit later should the price decrease the reflect the low oil prices.

hubris - Buffett Exits $3.7 Billion Investment in Exxon (XOM) Stock

NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Exxon Mobil Corp. (XOM - Get Report) are down 1.47% to $91.68 in early trading this morning after it was reported that Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) exited a $3.7 billion investment in the energy company as oil prices decline, according to Bloomberg.
It's at 84.39 and falling this morning. Phone Post 3.0

I wouldn't buy now, potentially Iran could be flooding an already oversaturated oil market with millions of new barrels of oil