buying a boat

so I have had 3 boats in my life but all for local river, outboard motors ranging from little over 7hp to 45hp, from 12’ to 16’

recently moved a few minutes from the lake to a near dream house, have almost everything in my life settled, but I need a boat for the lake. all that is missing from my life is the lake boat

so I’ve been looking around and think I have a good deal. having it delivered Saturday

2010 Stingray 205LR with a Volva Penta 4.3L V6, 214 hours. One owner, cover stored, all maintenance done

I won’t be using on saltwater, won’t be beat up in rough water. it’ll be 90% recreation around the lake with the family and dogs, 10% fishing/camping

so, tell me how much I screwed up!

How much?

You’ve owned 3 boats before… we don’t have to tell you…

1 Like

I'll be seeing you

![](upload://wvwSJ0nHlRPfavj2C4Yx5hm3jBr.jpeg)

3 Likes

Right about 12k.  That’s how much you fucked up.  You could have gotten me a life jacket and a few Red Bull’s and I would have let you ride me around the lake. 

CuddleBug - You've owned 3 boats before... we don't have to tell you...

lol touche

this is a completely different beast but I have always lived near water so when I have a boat I am on the water pretty much weekly. and it is warm enough to be on the water 9 months or so out of the year here, really year round for fishing.

Kip Kinkle - 

How much?

$13k

includes tandem trailer, skis, lifejackets, etc. It has the button cover for each section (I forget actual name) and a full cover

The_Pundits_Ghost - 

I have the same 4.3 with about 600hrs or so on it. They’re great. Take care of it and it will last a long time. 

that is good to hear. I certainly will keep it covered, clean, and maintained. I would love to get 20+ years out of it

TheBearStare - 

I'll be seeing you

![](upload://wvwSJ0nHlRPfavj2C4Yx5hm3jBr.jpeg)

you could ski!

ABCTT_sakurabas ear - 

Right about 12k.  That’s how much you fucked up.  You could have gotten me a life jacket and a few Red Bull’s and I would have let you ride me around the lake. 

I’ll grab a kid’s lifejacket and a youth kneeboard

1 Like
The_Pundits_Ghost - 

It’s not really a fishing boat, is it? More of a family play boat? Tubing, etc

you are correct

of course, I could fish but certainly not it’s strength. but I am a very casual fisher as is so hitting up some striper will work in it

![](upload://x5dZm3ezPmeTj6AxIp09qr9Yp2I.jpeg)

![](upload://ucPd78vPJoWrOyCogpr1iF4SQp7.jpeg)

![](upload://es3mNHTArEuAvwfT0AzGIWdXAku.jpeg)

The two best days in a boat owner's life is the day they buy it and the day they dump a body off it.

1 Like

boats are awesome.  looks like an ok buy really.  you could've got something better for the same money but you didnt get hosed at all, and if was easy it's totally worth it.

nice work

First day and the last…

BOAT = Break Out Another Thousand 

They are money pits but I love them! My dream is to buy a 47’ Swift trawler (Benneteau) and do the whole length of the ICW loop. The largest I have had up until now was a 27’ Onslow Bay fishing boat when I lived at the beach. Always something needing fixing or updating but I do enjoy the water. 

4pdboxing - 

First day and the last…

has not been my experience with my last three, hoping it is not my experience with this one lol

with working from home I can be off work and on the water before 5pm, get a couple hours in, and be home and the boat clean before dark! the boy and the dogs will love

The_Pundits_Ghost - 

You’ll have fun on that with your family. Rough water might be a bit wet for passengers as a bow rider, but it will do ok. Looks clean from the pics. 

20 more years might be a lot to ask of the stringers and transom, but the motor can last a couple thousand hours if you take good care of it. Depends how much and how hard you push her. 

avoid the hard bits while out having fun in it!

awesome, thanks

can’t wait for this weekend, we should have great weather

and I am off next Thurs-Mon and plan to be on the water each day lol