Buying a Kayak Help Please :)

I am looking for my first kayak. What should I buy? I am 6ft 240 and live in the Chicagoland area. What kind, price, and best places to go in the area? It would be a lot of help thx og Phone Post 3.0

Budget? What type of water, lake Michigan?

Look up Wilderness Systems Kayaks. Best out there for SoT kayaks IMO. Phone Post 3.0

Big fan of ocean kayaks myself Phone Post 3.0

I shit myself in a canoe once. Phone Post 3.0

Trust -
JediJitsu - Look up Wilderness Systems Kayaks. Best out there for SoT kayaks IMO. Phone Post 3.0

Nice, thanks for the link. 

http://www.wildernesssystems.com/pages/index/homepage Phone Post 3.0

Sisu - I shit myself in a canoe once. Phone Post 3.0

Go on...

Not enough info. What type of water? Do you plan on using it in cold months? What do you want to do with it?

I really dig these Nucanoe models. Stand up stability.

www.nucanoe.com

I'm open to any water.... Lakes rivers streams and definatly fishing...... One thing is I like to work out so I want one that is good for far distances..... Budget would be no more than a g 800 would be nice..... Thanx everyone for the input I appreciate it...... On my way to burnham harbor right now I'll post if I have any luck w the trout Phone Post 3.0

Sisu - I shit myself in a canoe once. Phone Post 3.0
Wrong thread...... But that's a great story, we are talking about kayaks son!!! Phone Post 3.0

kevind4123 -
Wrong thread...... But that's a great story, we are talking about kayaks son!!! Phone Post 3.0
In that case I second the recommendation for Ocean Kayaks. Phone Post 3.0

Sisu -
kevind4123 -
In that case I second the recommendation for Ocean Kayaks. Phone Post 3.0
Thx sisu.... I just looked at them very nice Phone Post 3.0

kevind4123 - I'm open to any water.... Lakes rivers streams and definatly fishing...... One thing is I like to work out so I want one that is good for far distances..... Budget would be no more than a g 800 would be nice..... Thanx everyone for the input I appreciate it...... On my way to burnham harbor right now I'll post if I have any luck w the trout Phone Post 3.0

One that covers distances efficiently is not one for working out. You want a pig that isn't efficient if your goal is working out.

Lake Michigan? Nothing but a sea kayak or stay close to shore and nothing but warm temps.

Local rivers and lakes to fish, your options are wide open. You don't need anything fancy if you are kayaking areas that are not complicated.

Fishing isn't all that fun in a sea kayak - just not that much room. Rec kayaks are great for getting on the water and fishing, but not so good for keeping you safe in swift water and waves.

There is no kayak that does it all, you have to make compromises and find one that has the majority of your wants.

Fishing, distance and $800. My suggestion would be to watch for a used Tarpon 160 sit on top. There are lots of sea kayaks that fit you but like Cbia says they aren' great for fishing from. They do cover distance well though.

http://www.orukayak.com/shark-tank-press-release

check this out , was on shark tank