Buying a new belt etiquette?

Got an a4 when promoted- its a bit big. Ok to buy a new belt or is this an insult to my professor? Phone Post

Of course it's ok to buy a new one. Phone Post

If my students did that I would have zero problem with it Phone Post

Ask your professor to order you a new one, bets he would do it right away.

Just buy it. Instructor probably won't even notice Phone Post

And by that I mean no one cares Phone Post

Find a pair of scissors. Place belt in scissors. Squeeze. Profit.

I did this with my belt. It was about 2 feet too long for my liking. Take a needle and some matching colored thread do a loopy stitch on the end.

Thats what i figured. Was hoping shen would chime in with his thoughts. :) Phone Post

microbiologynerd - 

Thats what i figured. Was hoping shen would chime in with his thoughts. :) Phone Post

GM Shen doesn't have this problem, as when he gives a belt, it always fits perfectly. How? Because he has a complete set of body measurements on each and every student training at the Shendokan. Height, waist, reach and inside leg measurements are taken monthly to ensure that whenever a new belt is awarded, it ALWAYS fits.

James

I saw a guy get his blue belt.. Next class shows up with the hck belt with 2 white bars on each end... Was kinda weird Phone Post

You get purple?

Buy it Phone Post

Or have it shortened if its a big deal Phone Post

DaveM - You get purple?

No sir ... The fuji blue i have is just huge. I'll deal with it. Phone Post

Wash it and throw it in the dryer on high heat for an hour. That should shorten it up quite a bit. Phone Post

Maybe he just figures you will get fat again?

Congrats btw sir!

nogidavid - 
Sir Taps - 
microbiologynerd - 

GM Shen doesn't have this problem, as when he gives a belt, it always fits perfectly. How? Because he has a complete set of body measurements on each and every student training at the Shendokan. Height, waist, reach and inside leg measurements are taken monthly to ensure that whenever a new belt is awarded, it ALWAYS fits.

James

he also offers a premium funeral service, funeral dress and coffins and such in the even of training fatalities. very reasonable prices

Well, when you keep it real --REALLY real-- people sometimes die.

Funny thing is, over the years I have actually grown to love the art (and it is an art) of embalming. It's relaxing and lets me indulge my "creative" side, by playing with make-up & colors.

Yeah no one cares Phone Post

shen -
nogidavid - 
Sir Taps - 
microbiologynerd -  Thats what i figured. Was hoping shen would chime in with his thoughts. :) Phone Post

James

he also offers a premium funeral service, funeral dress and coffins and such in the even of training fatalities. very reasonable prices

Well, when you keep it real --REALLY real-- people sometimes die.

Funny thing is, over the years I have actually grown to love the art (and it is an art) of embalming. It's relaxing and lets me indulge my "creative" side, by playing with make-up & colors.

Of all of shen's posts, this one just might be my favourite Phone Post

I took my last belt to a tailor and she cut it to the exact size that I wanted and moved the patches to fit the new length. It costs about $14