Buying a ps2 on craigslist

Mine burned out a while back and been getting the itch to play again. I have an Xbox one but ps2s game library is ridiculous. Saw one on Craigslist for 40 dollars with 20 games, the guy claims it works but wanna make sure. 

Any of you buy stuff like this on CL? I'm thinking about asking to meet him somewhere and testing it but idk. 

I sold an Xbox 360 on Craigslist before. It was a young teen and his father, I invited them in and tested he machine to prove it works. Obviously allowing a stranger in your home is sketch tho

I do all the time.... Just use your best judgment.... It if smells off... It is

Try it with all variants of discs...especially the ones with a blue underside ..these are more difficult to read.

BTW I have two ps2s (phat)

Get a power inverter for your car if it doesn't have one and take a small tv/monitor.

I've bought quite a few things like this off cl.

For what it's worth, buy a modded ps2. Then you can just download and burn whatever game you are looking for. For an old system, always great if you have access to a large library.

I buy and sell on Craigs List all the time. Anything I dont feel like shipping on eBay really. Never had a problem, even with electronics.

Do not need to mod...just buy a free mc boot memory card off ebay.
Then you can either play copied games ,play ps1 nes etc.

Buy a fat ps2 

Get Free Mcboot on a memory card

Play burned games. 

Luncha Libre -

Buy a fat ps2 

Get Free Mcboot on a memory card

Play burned games. 

Wooopwooop

Oh and composite over component...the ps2 is not great in the graphics department but a component cable will give you the best possible picture

Component over composite I meant
You want the one with blue green red and red and white not the yellow red and white

Free McBoot works with the fat and slim PS2 BTW

But if you get the Fat PS2 you can add a hard drive and play games straight from there and not need to change discs.

opieandjimmy - 
marrilia - Do not need to mod...just buy a free mc boot memory card off ebay.
Holy shit I've never heard of this

also if you know anyone with free mcboot you can easily copy it to new memory cards.

I didnt so I bought mine off ebay for $17. Then I made copies for all my friends.

I have a spindle of burned PS2 dvds I downloaded from iso zone.

Be sure to get Outrun 2 or Outrun 2006 coast to coast 

Before picking up the ps2, please name at least three OGers are your beneficiaries on all of your accounts.

You are gonna get knifed.

Also for $15 you can get a little HDMI adapter that plugs right into the back. It's composite quality so the resolution doesn't increase its just easy to hook it to new tvs. 

opieandjimmy -
opieandjimmy -
marrilia - Do not need to mod...just buy a free mc boot memory card off ebay.
Holy shit I've never heard of this
Juat read up on it, I can just copy it from a flash drive on the ps2 to the memory card and run with it. Now I'm looking for a ps2 on Craigslist.

I've been dying to play the pride fc sequel only release in Japan.
Have fun my friend

Thanks for all the help. Guy hasn't texted back for a bit but definitely looking into the mcboots later

make them throw in some oreo cookies!