Buying a Windows 7 disc through CL TME

Ad:

Windows 7 HP oem disc 64 bit - $18

I am trying to upgrade my windows 7 32-bit to windows 7 64-bit and I can't find my discs anywhere (typical). Saw ads for windows 7 shit online for like 70-100$ so tried craigslist and found this for 20.

The ad doesn't post any information about it other than the title, picture and the price. Is this what I am looking for what I am trying to do? If so, in what ways can I get ripped off here? Need serial # I assume. What should I ask etc. Phone Post 3.0

Shit can't post pic from phone I guess Phone Post 3.0

I hope it comes with an authentic product key. That is what you're really buying.

http://www.trustprice.com/images/670539_1/large.jpg

is what it looks like

DaveFu - I hope it comes with an authentic product key. That is what you're really buying.

But is that enough to take me from 32-bit to 64-bit? or do i need the 32-bit disc as well?

I would google upgrade windows 7 32 to 64 and see what microsoft has to say. There may be a free upgrade path.

DaveFu - I would google upgrade windows 7 32 to 64 and see what microsoft has to say. There may be a free upgrade path.
From everything I've read you need a disc Phone Post 3.0

When I asked him if he had a box he said:

Box? It's an oem DVD with a sleeve

Wouldn't serial number be on that? Phone Post 3.0

They may provide you with an iso or something you can boot from a thumb drive. I know if you have the 64 bit version you can upgrade from an iso thumb drive with the free windows bootable usb utility. Of course you still need a product key for that version. I would back up your needed data on an external drive just to be safe.

Newegg.com has Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-Bit (OEM) on sale for $99.99 - $20 with promo code EMCAKNX36 = $79.99 with free shipping.

then when windows 10 comes out, you can upgrade for free.

alternatively, you can download windows 10 preview for free now.

lol

Zero chance you are getting a copy of Windows with a license that hasn't already been activated. Zero. 

Do you have a 64 bit CPU? Phone Post 3.0

OGT - When I asked him if he had a box he said:

Box? It's an oem DVD with a sleeve

Wouldn't serial number be on that? Phone Post 3.0

The license on the disc may have already been used or is invalid and you won't know until you paid for it. The product key will be on a sticker on the sleeve. Some oem discs only work with certain brands, like dell has their own oem for say vista business 32 bit etc.

He's selling you a disk. No code. Waste of 20 bucks. the only way that disk will work is to use a windows Crack. If you are going to do that you might as well download a pirated oem disk. Phone Post 3.0

If the disk came with a new PC, then the code is more than likely stuck to the side of the computer. If it's an OEM copy that he bought from newegg or something, then the code could still be on the sleeve but if you don't have a 64 bit CPU, then none of this matters. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks all voted everyone up. Going to let this one go Phone Post 3.0

Don't buy off of Craigslist, there is a better way.

Go to Reddit Software Swap and buy a key from one of the people there. I think I paid $15 for a Win7 key last summer. Be sure to only buy from a Verified Seller so you don't get scammed.

Then go to this website...

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-recovery

... and enter your new product key. This is a new service from Microsoft that will apparently allow you to download a fresh ISO file straight from them. As long as your product key is good, you shouldn't have any problems.

You can then burn the ISO to a DVD or flash drive, install onto your PC and activate and you should be good to go.

Zanzoken - Don't buy off of Craigslist, there is a better way.

Go to Reddit Software Swap and buy a key from one of the people there. I think I paid $15 for a Win7 key last summer. Be sure to only buy from a Verified Seller so you don't get scammed.

Then go to this website...

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-recovery

... and enter your new product key. This is a new service from Microsoft that will apparently allow you to download a fresh ISO file straight from them. As long as your product key is good, you shouldn't have any problems.

You can then burn the ISO to a DVD or flash drive, install onto your PC and activate and you should be good to go.

Reddit doesn't allow Windows OS on software swap anymore. They shut that down a little bit after you used them.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-from-digital-river/

You can use your 32-bit key for the 64-bit version.

Whoops, I should've noticed that you were looking at an OEM version. That link would only work if you have a retail key, I think.