Buying handgun for the first time

Gun gnub, getting my first one next week and I’m in between a glock 19 and a S&W MP. I like the feature of the S&W where when the magazine is empty and the slide is pulled back, you can insert the new magazine and it automatically racks the first round from the new mag. any advice or guidance is appreciated

I like my S&W MP.....Was a little cheaper than the glock...

You won't accidently pull the trigger on this...

Homelander - 

You won't accidently pull the trigger on this...

I have this too....really like it....

Alfa Proj 3561CR .357 Magnum Chrome 6" Barrel

The Nagant revolver is the worst fucking thing that I've ever shot, and I think I've shot about everything. The trigger pull is absolutely fucking laughable, but I wish I'd kept it. The ammo is absurdly expensive. Old fuckers at guns shows, or possibly militia grounds, would tell you 30+ years ago that it's great because it's the only revolver that you can put a "silencer" on LOL

In.

In the same boat, considering Glock 19 vs. Sig Sauer P226.... pending going to a range and seeing how they feel to shoot.

FBRips - 

Gun gnub, getting my first one next week and I’m in between a glock 19 and a S&W MP. I like the feature of the S&W where when the magazine is empty and the slide is pulled back, you can insert the new magazine and it automatically racks the first round from the new mag. any advice or guidance is appreciated

Both solid choices.

None So Blind - In.

In the same boat, considering Glock 19 vs. Sig Sauer P226.... pending going to a range and seeing how they feel to shoot.

Again, solid choices IMO.

Can't go wrong with either one.

Homelander - The Nagant revolver is the worst fucking thing that I've ever shot, and I think I've shot about everything. The trigger pull is absolutely fucking laughable, but I wish I'd kept it. The ammo is absurdly expensive. Old fuckers at guns shows, or possibly militia grounds, would tell you 30+ years ago that it's great because it's the only revolver that you can put a "silencer" on LOL

The alfa project .357 I posted is actually really well built for the price. Very solid....no complaints.

OP. CZ makes a great pistol, HK VP9 is amazing and Walther PPQ. Id go to the range and shoot them all. Only you will know which pistol feels right. 

FBRips - 

Either one is fine. I personally don't like the SW MP because of the trigger, but lots of people hate the Glock trigger as well. If the MP feels good to you then go with it. With the top manufacturers of modern pistols, the differences in pros and cons are mostly based on personal preference. As a newbie you won't discover or develop your personal preference until you get some experience in shooting different guns. All you can go on at this point is to be sure that the model you want is known by the gun community to be reliable, and that it feels ergonomic for you. Later the ergonomics and other aspects that you thought you wanted might change, but you won't know if it will or how at this stage so don't sweat it. You won't go wrong with either the G19 or the SW MP.

Homelander - The Nagant revolver is the worst fucking thing that I've ever shot, and I think I've shot about everything. The trigger pull is absolutely fucking laughable, but I wish I'd kept it. The ammo is absurdly expensive. Old fuckers at guns shows, or possibly militia grounds, would tell you 30+ years ago that it's great because it's the only revolver that you can put a "silencer" on LOL

Lol, just watched hickok45s video on that thing....strange fucking revolver! 

RhinoHog -
Homelander - The Nagant revolver is the worst fucking thing that I've ever shot, and I think I've shot about everything. The trigger pull is absolutely fucking laughable, but I wish I'd kept it. The ammo is absurdly expensive. Old fuckers at guns shows, or possibly militia grounds, would tell you 30+ years ago that it's great because it's the only revolver that you can put a "silencer" on LOL

The alfa project .357 I posted is actually really well built for the price. Very solid....no complaints.

I'm just fucking around.  The truth is it doesn't really matter.  Whatever OP likes the function & feel of is important as well as less importantly but still relevant is what he likes the looks of.

The OG should be raining down G19 on him though, but as a non Glock guy I'd think a G17 would be a better comparison against a 226.

FWIW, I'd take the 226.

10eroftheyear -
Homelander - The Nagant revolver is the worst fucking thing that I've ever shot, and I think I've shot about everything. The trigger pull is absolutely fucking laughable, but I wish I'd kept it. The ammo is absurdly expensive. Old fuckers at guns shows, or possibly militia grounds, would tell you 30+ years ago that it's great because it's the only revolver that you can put a "silencer" on LOL

Lol, just watched hickok45s video on that thing....strange fucking revolver! 

Fuck, when did he do that?  Going to youtube now...

7 years ago?  LOL.  That's why I never saw it.  Starting it now.  Never heard anyone pronounce it that way...

10eroftheyear - 

Fucking LOL at Hickok talking about no half-cock on a 19th century Russian revolver

Homelander -
10eroftheyear - 

Fucking LOL at Hickok talking about no half-cock on a 19th century Russian revolver

I love that guy 

Homelander - 
RhinoHog -

I'm just fucking around.  The truth is it doesn't really matter.  Whatever OP likes the function & feel of is important as well as less importantly but still relevant is what he likes the looks of.

The OG should be raining down G19 on him though, but as a non Glock guy I'd think a G17 would be a better comparison against a 226.

FWIW, I'd take the 226.

Agreed. There's a reason it's in 90% of action movies....

The Closed Guard - 

OP. CZ makes a great pistol, HK VP9 is amazing and Walther PPQ. Id go to the range and shoot them all. Only you will know which pistol feels right. 

My first gun purchase was a VP9; so far it has been flawless with almost 4000 rounds of 124gr through it. I initially had my eyes on a 226, however, the HK felt much more comfortable in my hands and the price was much less.