Buying used PS3 games that require online code

Was going to buy Far Cry 3 used and realized it needs code to play online. Dude used it already.

Those code generators work?

Is there a legit way to obtain another code?

Why do they push things up my ass like this? Phone Post

you can play it without, thats just the online content.

you can buy the code via the addons page through the system store

You only need the code to play Multiplayer and to be honest Far Cry 3 is all about the Single Player Story. Finish the Story then spend the $10 or whatever it is to get the Online Pass if you really want it. Phone Post

ScottishSkirtWearersTopTeam - 

You only need the code to play Multiplayer and to be honest Far Cry 3 is all about the Single Player Story. Finish the Story then spend the $10 or whatever it is to get the Online Pass if you really want it. Phone Post

I said that about Far Cry as well until another forum member and I started rocking out the Co-Op... it was funner than the single player (which is saying something!)

invalid -
ScottishSkirtWearersTopTeam -  You only need the code to play Multiplayer and to be honest Far Cry 3 is all about the Single Player Story. Finish the Story then spend the $10 or whatever it is to get the Online Pass if you really want it. Phone Post

I said that about Far Cry as well until another forum member and I started rocking out the Co-Op... it was funner than the single player (which is saying something!)

Wow, really? I'll have to give it a try sometime. Phone Post

yeah, i have yet to give the other modes a try, but the co-op has its own stand-alone story that is kind of referenced in the single player.

nice

Thanks guys. Good to know. It's $40 at the store and this guy is asking $30. So I'm better off buying new Phone Post