By request: Stuff I find out about my Drone.

I was asked by several people to keep them updated as I learn how to use my drone.

Today I learned that the camera has something called Auto Exposure Bracketing. You can set the camera to take 3 or 5 pictures instead of just one. The other pictures will be at exposures above and below the one the camera is set for.

For example

Original picture.

It then takes a picture at th exposure above and below

and since I had it set for 5 shots it took two more at even higher and lower exposure.

pretty cool!

Rather than spamming the board with threads whenever i find a new feature to tell you guys about I will keep it all posted here.

I have a video I will upload later showing the changes i made to gimbal speed, much smoother now.

qcddog03 - 

lol

I can't believe you're already onto an upgraded drone, I ordered the original one you had and didn't check out the shipping time. It should be here today, 6 weeks later.

I can't wait to take it out, hopefully I'm satisfied and don't wind up going all out like you. I don't need any new costly hobbies. Phone Post 3.0

What's up with your lawn pj? It looks like there is a pattern going on, I just can't tell what caused it. Phone Post 3.0

I don't get the fascination with these. Is it cool? Yep! Would I like to try one? Yep!

Would I get bored of it after two flights and 100 pictures? Yep!

Maybe I'm missing something. What are some of the other uses? How many times can you snap pictures of your neighbourhood before it starts collecting dust in the garage? Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_sakurabas ear - I can't believe you're already onto an upgraded drone, I ordered the original one you had and didn't check out the shipping time. It should be here today, 6 weeks later.

I can't wait to take it out, hopefully I'm satisfied and don't wind up going all out like you. I don't need any new costly hobbies. Phone Post 3.0

as hobbies go it is fairly expensive but it really depends on what you compare it to. Its cheaper than getting into pretty much any motor sport as a hobby, i.e. jetskies, 4 wheelers, dirtbikes.

How easy is it navigating treelines and such? I'm on a mountain here and I'd really like to track a group of bats to their cave. Can't do it on foot. Phone Post 3.0

neat.

we are interested in team Black sheep drones. especially the batwing that has a n 80 mile range. We could really fuck with people with that one.

ChicagoTom - What's up with your lawn pj? It looks like there is a pattern going on, I just can't tell what caused it. Phone Post 3.0

we waited too long to mow so there was long grass clumped on it after we were done. I didnt rake it because I was told it was good for the lawn to leave it there (and I am lazy)

What's the range on those things?

Does that thing have enough power to transport things? Like a beer or 2? Phone Post

I completely amazed by the quality of the video. For that price it looks just like a scene from a movie. Incredible.

Altofsky - How easy is it navigating treelines and such? I'm on a mountain here and I'd really like to track a group of bats to their cave. Can't do it on foot. Phone Post 3.0

very easy.

I have barely flown it so I am still very slow and careful.

here is a video of some lower level flying, I was just running it back and forth about 20 or 30 feet.

Khun Kao - What's the range on those things?

2000 meters, so about a mile and a quarter

What model drone is it? I had a really small one and the controls were sensitive as fuck. crashed it somewhere on my block lol Phone Post 3.0

Altofsky - How easy is it navigating treelines and such? I'm on a mountain here and I'd really like to track a group of bats to their cave. Can't do it on foot. Phone Post 3.0

You tryin' to score some guano?

Amazing.

How does it handle a light breeze, and how windy would it need to be for you to decide not to use it that day?

Alco Hauler - 

Does that thing have enough power to transport things? Like a beer or 2? Phone Post

it handled a go pro camera taped to a stick for this video, so I would guess at least one beer?

this video shows how the gimbal works to keep the video steady.