BYU football signed 6'7" 410 pounder

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/page/instantawesome-byumotekiailangi-150205/byu-signed-6-foot-7-410-pound-football-player-motekiai-langi-video-sort-of

He is from Tonga.

I thought for sure that would be a kid that dies of a coronary in 3-4 years before realizing he's a Tongan

Is he mean mugging, or a cleft?

cool
Hope he does well

He may still grow more

The guy on the right is freaking huge too. Phone Post 3.0

I've never understood why the NFL doesn't just poor a shiyliad of money into some of those Pacific island nations. The greatest untapped athletic resource on the planet without doubt.

NFL, UFC, Worlds Strongest man would all be massively impacted if these guys got the right training from an early age. So far only rugby has really benefitted. Phone Post 3.0

Mulletron5000 - The guy on the right is freaking huge too. Phone Post 3.0
he is also tongan, and a former football player as well. Phone Post 3.0

Shiyliad should be shitload, obviously. Fucking autocorrect... Phone Post 3.0

Why doesn't the NFL just bring over as many Samoans and pacific islanders as they can? Aren't they the perfect build for that shit?

Just like I don't get why the NBA doesn't go pay for a bunch of that one tall ass African tribe (Air Up There) people over here. Even if they suck they are still all over 7ft, that alone has got to count for something

How big are the other 2 dudes? He should be dwarfing almost anyone at that size.  

xxxxxxxx - I've never understood why the NFL doesn't just poor a shiyliad of money into some of those Pacific island nations. The greatest untapped athletic resource on the planet without doubt.

NFL, UFC, Worlds Strongest man would all be massively impacted if these guys got the right training from an early age. So far only rugby has really benefitted. Phone Post 3.0
Actually, that is exactly what BYU does. It is no accident that SLC, Utah has such a huge population of islanders. The Mormons figured out that they can get converts and linemen by sending missionaries to that part of the world. Phone Post 3.0

Those mitts doe. Phone Post 3.0

No no no no no on the nfl weight cap Phone Post 3.0

He doesn't look too athletic in the video, maybe it doesn't matter at that size.

i think they want him at nose guard. i think a good d1 center will be able to handle him, best case scenario it takes some guard assistance to contain him. if he has no strength or core strength he'll get toppled

OldManMinerva - Why doesn't the NFL just bring over as many Samoans and pacific islanders as they can? Aren't they the perfect build for that shit?

Just like I don't get why the NBA doesn't go pay for a bunch of that one tall ass African tribe (Air Up There) people over here. Even if they suck they are still all over 7ft, that alone has got to count for something
For the most part they are lazy.. Phone Post 3.0

xxxxxxxx - I've never understood why the NFL doesn't just poor a shiyliad of money into some of those Pacific island nations. The greatest untapped athletic resource on the planet without doubt.

there are a decent amount of Polynesians in the NFL

Burt Reynoldz -

How big are the other 2 dudes? He should be dwarfing almost anyone at that size.  

Most coaches and their staff are former players. Phone Post 3.0