CA: here’s a no interest 17% loan to help you buy a house

Holy Shit

1 Like

Yep, it turns out if you can’t afford to buy something then you can’t afford to keep it even if it’s given to you.

6 Likes

Damn… even the shutters are gone.

5 Likes

I’d be willing to argue that’s a poor person thing versus purely race driven.

Giving poor people affordable or free housing is a net loss because most can’t or won’t maintain it.

Just like this program. You allow poors to buy more than they can afford and most won’t maintain the property and most will likely default on the loan.

Poor people need apartments and communal living spaces. Not McMansions for cheap

4 Likes

Poor people need every one of their bills paid for them so there’s no fear of a lien on the property. That’s exactly what welfare is.

Reynolds Law:

The government decides to try to increase the middle class by subsidizing things that middle class people have: If middle-class people go to college and own homes, then surely if more people go to college and own homes, we’ll have more middle-class people. But homeownership and college aren’t causes of middle-class status, they’re markers for possessing the kinds of traits — self-discipline, the ability to defer gratification, etc. — that let you enter, and stay, in the middle class. Subsidizing the markers doesn’t produce the traits; if anything, it undermines them.

3 Likes

Don’t you remember the previous housing crisis where banks loaned money to people who really couldn’t afford to buy the houses? They ended up defaulting on their loans and crashing the econemy.

At least back then, the buyers had come come up with a down payment. Down payments are supposed to help ensure that buyers can afford their house, as well as give them an incentive to not default (because they have some skin in the game).

Now, unqualified buyers can buy houses that they can’t afford and then just walk away from them.

This is horrible for the housing market, and probably the economy as a whole.

5 Likes

Why did they rip the shutters off the second floor windows?

An unkempt lawn is explainable, but ripping the shutters off? That actually takes some effort for no benefit.

Looks like the entire window is missing. I’m sure everything of any value was stripped clean off those homes.

2 Likes

And therein lies the problem

Yes, today consumers have way more expenses that are considered “needs” like their phone plans, entertainment subscriptions, weed habits, etc. that distract from savings. So here they are prioritizing garbage products and services over housing or retirement.

2 Likes

I get what you do. Do whatever entertains you. I just wish you didn’t have to be trying to troll and derail soooo many threads. You really do ruin threads for other posters who aren’t here to wear their political uniform.

And I can’t put you on ignore because that’s not manly and against free speech according to teh OG lol. But you are everywhere. Doing the same thing post after post.

8 Likes

He’s a fucking dummy living on some bullshit PTSD claim.

1 Like

Well yeah, I don’t disagree a lot of people waste their disposable income on stuff that isn’t really a necessity (although I argue smart phones are 100% a necessity now), but even with cutting out netflix and starbucks, that still is peanuts and not even close to being the difference between having enough for a down payment on a million dollar house (fixer uppers in my area are going north of a million now)

Just a genuine question here, because i’ve never researched it, but what is the default rate among veterans who use the zero down va loan?

Perfectly stated. He sucks. The worst poster on the OG by leaps and bounds. And not because he has a different viewpoint than most of us it’s because he is pure troll. Doesn’t even attempt to debate or exchange discourse. I wish they would ban him.

6 Likes

lets sign a deal to rent a car for a tiny bit of it’s worth to someone with no job and no credit and see what condition that car is in after 3 months

same thing right

2 Likes

dunno but anybody who risks their life in actual combat should get free housing and healthcare forever even after their service and dont say we cant afford it given what we give to other countries for fuck all

2 Likes

They do get free healthcare already. But with the zero down home loan, that should be a good comparison to look at as to whether or not this would be succesful, no?

$54 BILLION and counting in Cash and Equipment to one of the Top 5 most corrupt Governments in all the world.

1 Like